N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default Spark plug - 12-25-2016, 04:40 PM

Hello Everyone I exchanged a spark plug, but a strange phenomenon occurred. Symptoms are idling malfunction. It becomes a state like a mild misfire of such a degree that the trouble code does not enter and the number of revolutions becomes 600 rpm to 700 rpm, and it becomes a mode suddenly. The exchange is done perfectly. The same phenomenon has been reported in the E90 post here but the solution and cause remains unknown. I used Bosch for the spark plug. There was also a report that it was improved by replacing with NGK, but what is the possible cause?

BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i sport
Default 12-25-2016, 05:34 PM

You try swapping coils? That's where I would start

2008 335i Sport Jb4, MHD BEF, Alpina flash, Uncatted *****, PE Mod, Injen Intake, v710's , Vogtland Springs
(#3)
Old

Default 12-25-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogt.ryan
You try swapping coils? That's where I would start
The coil is also brand new. The injector is also brand new. But symptoms do not improve somehow. I am exchanging parts as much as possible, but I will not improve it. I feel that there is a problem with the plug. How is that?

BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i sport
Default 12-26-2016, 10:29 AM

Were they pre gapped plugs? Or did you gap them properly? Also are all the wire connections good going to the plug it's self, is the misfire on one cylinder or multiple? Last question how many miles and have you walnut blasted your intake?

2008 335i Sport Jb4, MHD BEF, Alpina flash, Uncatted *****, PE Mod, Injen Intake, v710's , Vogtland Springs
(#5)
Old

Default 12-26-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogt.ryan
Were they pre gapped plugs? Or did you gap them properly? Also are all the wire connections good going to the plug it's self, is the misfire on one cylinder or multiple? Last question how many miles and have you walnut blasted your intake?
We installed a new OEM type Bosch spark plug as it is. At the same time, the coil was also brand new and it got bad, so I replaced the injector. Still symptoms appeared so I cleaned the intake valve at about 60000 miles. I still exchanged the O2 sensor as it does not recover completely. Still, symptoms will appear. The misfire seems to be occurring in multiple cylinders, but it seems to be a small misfire where failure code does not enter and is a degree to feel light vibration. If it happens for a while it will raise the speed. Something good solution

BMW 2007 E90 335i
(#6)
Old

Car: BMW 135, Yamaha fz8
Default 12-26-2016, 06:54 PM

You should check the gap. Its possible it's not good or you hit the plug on install.

2008 BMW 135i MT: Stock turbo FBO
502whp 593wtq
11.995 @122.08. 60' 2.041
3180lbs w/o driver
(#7)
Old

Default 12-26-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfz8
You should check the gap. Its possible it's not good or you hit the plug on install.
OK. I will check the gap. What is the normal gap of OEM type of Bosch?

BMW 2007 E90 335i
(#8)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-27-2016, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoaki
OK. I will check the gap. What is the normal gap of OEM type of Bosch?
Oem Bosch plugs don't need to be gapped. They come from factory ready to install

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Trebila Custom tuning
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 12-27-2016, 09:26 AM

OEM plugs are pre-gapped, so that wouldn't be the case in this instance.

any codes?

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#10)
Old

Default 12-27-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ Fuel-it!
OEM plugs are pre-gapped, so that wouldn't be the case in this instance.

any codes?
Im still wondering how people gap a plug with multiple electrodes...
(#11)
Old

Default 12-27-2016, 05:19 PM

I confirmed the spark plug but it was not a problem because it did not run so much because I changed it. I cleaned and worn it at chemical once. Then the symptoms improved a little. Although this is my opinion, I think that OEM spark plugs are not very high in ignition capability. There is no problem if the car is in stock state, is not it easy to become a problem if it is a tuned car? Especially PCV valves etc. are likely to affect air-fuel efficiency, etc. Will it be easy for misfire to occur in such a state? To the NGK plug

BMW 2007 E90 335i
(#12)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default 04-27-2017, 01:42 PM

(Reading through forum trying to learn, came across this thread and thought about something...but I'm a noob so please excuse me if I'm way off target here)

So, just throwing this out there...Could he have already fixed his problem (new coils, plugs) but possibly failed to register or correctly register the new injector he installed, thereby causing similar symptoms but from a different cause?

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#13)
Old

Default 04-27-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarContact
(Reading through forum trying to learn, came across this thread and thought about something...but I'm a noob so please excuse me if I'm way off target here)

So, just throwing this out there...Could he have already fixed his problem (new coils, plugs) but possibly failed to register or correctly register the new injector he installed, thereby causing similar symptoms but from a different cause?
I also exchanged suspected injectors at first, but there was no effect. I also did coding properly. At the end I doubted the spark plug which I exchanged once I ordered and replaced the new one again and it became normal. I was annoyed with this symptom for a year. The first spark plug was made by Bosch and the letters were green. Bosch who exchanged for the second time was blue letters. There seems to be no difference, but strangely the color of the letters was changed.

BMW 2007 E90 335i
(#14)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 04-27-2017, 07:02 PM

could be the mosfet chips

Aussie e92 335i. Pure Stage 2 Twin Turbos, Pure Performance Motorsports Forge Rods and Pistons, Fuel-it Port Injection, 7.5" Race intercooler, Fuel-it Stage 3 LPFP, Ugraded Fuel lines , Tial 50mm BOV, TFT RHD Inlets, JB4 g5, MHD 98Ron Wedge Hybrid Custom Backend flash, BMS OCC, T20MAP, AR Design 3" Cattless **, Remus Dual 2.5" system with 84mm quad tips, RB PCV valve, AFE intake scoops, Bimmer Coils, CSF Radiator
(#15)
Old

Default 04-27-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdo81
could be the mosfet chips
In my case I checked DME, but there was no problem. I cleaned the intake valve, tried variously but did not improve but it eventually became normal after replacing the spark plug. It was very difficult to improve.

BMW 2007 E90 335i