N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: mini f56 2016
Default New to JB4 - wanting little more excitment - 07-28-2019, 09:09 AM

Hi,

I just installed JB4 on my 2016 Mini JCW and had test run (Map 1, 2) and OH BOY~ ,, JB4 just brought another whole new level to my mini.

One quick questions is that do I need to log in and connect every time when I start the car to have default jb4 map 2 in effect ?

also, admitting being a total "Noob", wanting to understand more in JB4 and it's tweak feature, I am eager to make additional tuning but scared that I may mess up.

can anyone provide MAP 6 configuration that I can try out please ?

currently, i have AWE cold air intake and exhaust on the car. plan to install spring and tire set up to have little more grip on the road.

When I did test run, I definitely saw my current tire / grip doesn't fit with increased power, also noticed slightly was that at 2,3rd gear power came in very unpredictable when i'm flooring the pedal.

If someone can provide custom Map 6 configuration to tryout, it would be greatly appreciated.

attached is my log from yesterday run.

thank you for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs (1).csv (2.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs (2).csv (3.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs (3).csv (3.1 KB, 19 views)
(#2)
Old

Default 07-28-2019, 09:12 AM

ran on 93 octane , 85 degrees
(#3)
Old

Default 07-28-2019, 09:18 AM

saw this in one of the post, would this be something I can try out and have no issue ?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (327.2 KB, 33 views)
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeite22
saw this in one of the post, would this be something I can try out and have no issue ?
That looks like something from 2011 before the B48 existed. Don't enter settings or suggestions not specifically made by us in this thread.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 07-28-2019, 05:44 PM

thank you Terry. lol glad you told me.

Any suggestion or workable map that I can try ?
(#6)
Old

Car: Mini JCW F56
Default 07-30-2019, 09:33 AM

My setup is similar to yours and have opted for 225/35 R18 tyres. Much more grip to handle extra JB4 power. Iím also stuck with map 2 and would like to customise the JB4 module but the support really sucks - logs posted, no answer... good luck
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeite22
thank you Terry. lol glad you told me.

Any suggestion or workable map that I can try ?
We suggest the included map1 or map2. Custom mapping is based on logs and what the user is trying to do. Rarely are they able to safely make more power than an OTS map unless there is some specific special mod or fuel being used.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 07-30-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We suggest the included map1 or map2. Custom mapping is based on logs and what the user is trying to do. Rarely are they able to safely make more power than an OTS map unless there is some specific special mod or fuel being used.

make sense Terry. Thank you. I'll play around with map 2 a bit more to see what I exactly want.