N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 335i
Default Over heating problems - 10-03-2019, 02:49 AM

Hey guys

I have a 2013 E92 N55 80,000 miles. Last 2 weeks or so the car has been over heating, (once a week) the car goes into limp mode and the engine fan is on full speed. But if I pull over and shut the car off and start it right away itís fine. Runs normal and doesnít come back on. I have never seen my oil temp gauge go over 1/2 250~.

So guess my question is if this is a sign that the water pump is going? Or is it something else being that It resets when turn the car back on and fan shuts off.?

2013 335i MT white coupe
(#2)
Old

Car: 2012 335i 6AT
Default 10-05-2019, 08:55 PM

I have the same car 2013 E92 with 60K miles. My symptoms was a warning sign in Yellow telling me the car is overheating, then a Red sign telling me to pull over and yes it was overheating if I did not turn it off. A five minute wait and restart solved the issue for some miles but online research says your car will eventually leave you stranded if you don't fix it.

It was my thermostat. However, the shop replaces both water pump and thermostat when either one goes bad. I got it fix under extended warranty last week.