N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi
Default JB4 for Meth and PI BOTH. - 03-25-2018, 09:40 AM

Somewhat of a basic question, but searching the internet I can only find information on one or the other.

Regardless, can a JB4 control both Meth and PI (E50) at the same time?

Meth would be dual cm5/7 CP nozzles (for cooling only), PI would be fed off a stage 3 lpfp.

Can JB4 do it?

If so, what would be needed to make it work?
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-25-2018, 09:53 AM

With FSB orange installed the JB4 can control WMI. Although, normally it's a waste of time. If you have PI you're using E85 and don't need WMI. If you odn't have E85 you don't need PI.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
M-Terkait

Car: F30 335i
Default 03-25-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd5150
Somewhat of a basic question, but searching the internet I can only find information on one or the other.

Regardless, can a JB4 control both Meth and PI (E50) at the same time?

Meth would be dual cm5/7 CP nozzles (for cooling only), PI would be fed off a stage 3 lpfp.

Can JB4 do it?

If so, what would be needed to make it work?
I think you should connect everything except JB4 signal (blue) #16. not sure but Terry should confirm this, though you will only see PI signal.

N55 - Doc race 6266.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 03-25-2018, 11:03 AM

Terry I think meth injection and E85 port injection if you live in hot weather like caribbean is good. Without meth flow even with Port injection working I saw 20-25 over ambient.

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
10.64 @129mph, MHD Custom + #LUCHOJB4, E40 + meth ~ Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-25-2018, 11:17 AM

With E85 being so knock resistant the drop in IAT doesn't carry the same performance benefits as it would on normal gas though. Thus the minimal benefit.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 03-25-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
With E85 being so knock resistant the drop in IAT doesn't carry the same performance benefits as it would on normal gas though. Thus the minimal benefit.
So.

Being in sub tropical Australia , I left a cm5 nozzle installed for Iat reduction. I would prefer to completely remove my meth kit which is the reason I went PI in the first place. (Had someone post on here to keep it).
Meth is a waste of time then?
I have E85 2 blocks away, no issue there.

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-25-2018, 12:51 PM

Since it's already installed measure performance with and without it and make the determination. Something like Dragy is great for doing that.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Car: BMW 335
Default 12-18-2018, 07:32 AM

Hello Terry
I need to use PI for meth with fuel it rail and jb4 pi controller, but for IAT cooling I need to use charge pipe meth too with 4CM nozzle. how I can use both system at same time? I don't need logging of charge pipe meth I need only control it with solenoid from jb4. is it possible?

BR Alex
(#9)
Old

Car: guess...
Default 12-18-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_beridze
Hello Terry
I need to use PI for meth with fuel it rail and jb4 pi controller, but for IAT cooling I need to use charge pipe meth too with 4CM nozzle. how I can use both system at same time? I don't need logging of charge pipe meth I need only control it with solenoid from jb4. is it possible?

BR Alex
So you want to run 6 meth injectors via PI through the Fuel-It rail and control them with the PI Controller, right? Were you going to run a meth line from the fuel(meth) rail to a single meth nozzle in the chargepipe? You could put a hobbs switch controlled solenoid in the CM4 line. The rail would supply the meth to the PI injectors AND the CM4, the PI controller would turn on the pump(via 10A relay), solenoid and fire injectors and the adjustable hobbs switch would activate the ground to the solenoid running to the CM4.
I think anything's possible if you have the time, money and determination.
(#10)
Old

Default 12-18-2018, 10:02 AM

Hello
Can i run solenoid directly from JB4 without hobbit switch?
(#11)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-18-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_beridze
Hello
Can i run solenoid directly from JB4 without hobbit switch?
What are you trying to do?

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 12-18-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What are you trying to do?
Hello
I need to run PI controller for meth and for IAT cooling need olso one 4cm nozzle on the chargepipe, but i dont know where connect solenoid for chargepipe meth. Trebilla sed i dont need fsb i must attach solenoid directly to jb4 but dont know how
(#13)
Old

Car: guess...
Default 12-28-2018, 10:26 AM

If I connect the G5 NLS relay kit's output to a meth pump, will the "External Trigger" values of the JB4 interface be relevant to when the pump turns on?