N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Turbocharger 3.0L N54 Engine
Default Help with JB4 Adjustment (Engine Missfire) - 08-23-2016, 12:40 PM

Hi guys, I'm new in the forum and need help to Tune my car. I bought this car few weeks ago with some racing parts. It's a E90 Sedan 2007/ 97000 miles/ JB4G5 ISO/ Wagner **/ HF Exhaust Magnaflow System/ K&N Intake/HKS BOV/ Performance Intercooler/ 93 fuel/ Stock Turbos/ A/T/ 275/30/20 rear 225/35/20 front.This car was running with meth but before I buying they removed the system but left the same setting on the JB4. Now I have many missfire. I download the new software and install the new firmware on the JB4 and put them all setting by default. I was runnig a log but when it goes from 5000 rpm begins missfire. I changed all spark plug and the cylinders 3 and 6 coil. Another problem is when try to stay between 1000rpm and 2000rpm the Tacho begins to oscillate. The JB4 does not shown any code either over the OBDII port. I was reading some Russell & Terry threads and I understand a little bit about PWM Vs FF, The Boost must be close to the target the AFR, IAT value, but it's not easy they know what they do. Please I need somebody help me with this issue. Thanks.
160823_1127.csv

Name:  082316_1128.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  38.4 KB
(#2)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 08-23-2016, 02:05 PM

Do not go full throttle again until you get this resolved. Your completely leaned out. Does the car have a backend flash on it? I am assuming not.

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#3)
Old

Default 08-23-2016, 02:31 PM

Thank you for replay. I've heard that name several times but honestly do not know what is. It's some kind of device that is placed in the car or software? I'am sorry it is the first time I buy a racing car. The previous car that I was a 325i e46 and only had intake filter and sprint Booster.
(#4)
Old

Default 08-23-2016, 03:19 PM

Ok I saw a video on youtube It,s a ECU Upgrade. I put number 4 in the tacho and the speed niddle shown number 3 (OEM Flash Mode)
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2016, 03:29 PM

Logs are not useful for diagnosing misfire faults. Read the codes and follow normal N54 misfire procedures documented in the FAQ and around the internet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 08-23-2016, 03:57 PM

Ok, No problem. Thanks.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-10-2016, 09:17 PM

911-Help with JB4 codes !!
Hey Guys, The JB4 finally gave me the codes that was waiting for three weeks. The car continued to misfire. The codes are; 2C3E Lambda probe in front of catalytic converter 2, Control failure or Cable transmission failure ?
29E1- fuel mixture control 2. where can I start? Please I need instructions. I am working diy. 2007 335i N54, Jb4 G5 Iso, Wagner **, K&N Intake,Magnaflow catback, HKS BOV, Upgrade Intercooler, Stock Turbos 93 fuel. Thank you.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 09:28 PM

Faulty o2 sensor it sounds like?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Default 09-11-2016, 07:56 AM

Thanks Terry for reply a last question, when the DME Codes shown catalytic converter 2 and fuel mixture control 2 the number 2 means the Bank 2? The grey cover cable sensor? Thank you.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2016, 08:33 AM

Just lookup the exhaust fault codes to trace back to the bank. But bank1 is the bank closest to the front bumper.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 09-11-2016, 09:20 AM

all right now I am clear. I want to fix this misfire to make a few Logs. Thanks a lot