N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335is
Default Wanted: Bad/failed HPFP - 08-12-2016, 09:52 PM

As the title says, I'm looking for a bad, failed, or failing HPFP from an N54 (Any year, any model, any release HPFP). The unit must be complete as removed, and the exterior components including drive-shaft must not be damaged.

I am offering to pay shipping (If you insist)! Basically you're donating a useless part for the better of the N54 community. I am designing a mounting/driving system to add a second HPFP. Driven at OEM speed, this will in theory fuel over 1000wtq and nearly 1000whp on full e85 with OEM reliability and OEM fail-safe protection, at a price cheaper than PI.
(#2)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-13-2016, 06:16 AM

Care to elaborate
(#3)
Old

Default 08-13-2016, 07:08 PM

What needs elaboration? I thought it made sense personally. I need a HPFP from an N54 that failed.
(#4)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 08-13-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
I am offering to pay shipping (If you insist)! Basically you're donating a useless part for the better of the N54 community. I am designing a mounting/driving system to add a second HPFP. Driven at OEM speed, this will in theory fuel over 1000wtq and nearly 1000whp on full e85 with OEM reliability and OEM fail-safe protection, at a price cheaper than PI.
Sounds like a great idea.. Why not invest in a new one if it has the potential to make money..
(#5)
Old

Default 08-13-2016, 09:54 PM

The bad one is just for R/D, to design the system as a whole. Although I'll need a new one for it eventually, it'll get beat up, torn apart, mounted/dismounted hundreds of times, etc. Just easier and less risky to do all of the design with a bad one.

It's like the plastic "mock-up" SBC and LSX blocks they sell. But yes, eventually I will use a new one for actual pumping duties.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6mt
Default 08-14-2016, 04:21 PM

why do you think you will succeeded where VTT failed?
(#7)
Old

Default 08-14-2016, 07:46 PM

How'd they fail? I was under the impression it's still in testing. I just don't like that their design over-drives the pumps.
(#8)
Old

Car: 2010 535i 2002 530i
Default 08-14-2016, 10:17 PM

In before someone takes a poop in this thread.

WORLD'S FASTEST 535i - 60': 1.62 1/8: 7.2@98.3 1/4: 11.2@124.6 (@ 23psi only)
1/2: 151.2 (no boost in 4th or 5th bad TMAP)

Hexon RR700s/JB4/Trebila BEF/BMS Meth/MFactory LSD/Fuel-It Stage 2/ADE Port Injection/Full E85/ VRSF Inlets/VRSF ***/VTT Outlets/Custom 3.5" single exhaust/VRSF CP/Tial BOV/Rev9 FMIC/RB PCV fix kit/ RaceStar Dark Star 17" & 15" wheels/Custom 15" brake setup

Future: Lots more to come...stay tuned!
(#9)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6mt
Default 08-15-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
How'd they fail? I was under the impression it's still in testing. I just don't like that their design over-drives the pumps.
so you don't even know your competition?

they were never able to get their double shotgun kit to work properly, electronic issues. (meaning 2 pumps, factory location and one running of serpentine belt)

The one you are referring to that overdrives the pump works of serpentine belts and works fine albeit a very mediocre improvement for the $$$.

all of this is 2-3 year old developments..

their current prototype that the are testing looks promising, but no information on setup yet.
(#10)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E90 335i
Default 08-15-2016, 01:09 PM

What harm is there in having more people develop products for our platform? Someone give this guy their old HPFP!

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black
(#11)
Old

Car: 07 E92 335i
Default 08-15-2016, 03:36 PM

I don't understand the issue. More options means less price gouging from the competitors.

2007 E92 335i 6MT
New Jersey
N54-Tuning 3'' Downp!pes, Vrsf 5'' Intercooler, Vrsf Charge Pipe, Tial-Q BOV, Vrsf Lower Charge Pipe, Act HDSD Clutch, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS Intakes, Custom Axle Back w/ 3" Tips
(#12)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 08-15-2016, 04:48 PM

Good for you man. Someone send him a pump, everyone deserves a chance and many of the best have always stayed under the radar. My question to you Aaron is what type of experience do you have working with these type of items. I think thats a question better asked rather than giving him **** over asking for a used hpfp.
(#13)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 08-16-2016, 05:05 AM

Quote:

I am designing a mounting/driving system to add a second HPFP. Driven at OEM speed, this will in theory fuel over 1000wtq and nearly 1000whp on full e85
Everything about this statement is plausible, if plausible = not possible.

As discussed in another thread, the oem pump is driven at half engine speed. you must be planning a compound pulley setup or a secondary gear reduction to drive it. Neither of which will be fitting in the engine bay. Second, over 1000 anything... You must be developing a standalone ecu for it too.

2007 335i 4dr JB4, Hexon RR600, Inlets, 4Bar, Index 12, Boost Concept Pump, DCI, FMIC, ** and full exhaust, Burger Meth, MHD BEF. Auto.
(#14)
Old

Car: '07 E92 335i 6MT
Default 08-16-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
As the title says, I'm looking for a bad, failed, or failing HPFP from an N54 (Any year, any model, any release HPFP). The unit must be complete as removed, and the exterior components including drive-shaft must not be damaged.

Good luck, I'm curious to see what kind of design you have in mind. I've had a design floating around in my head for a while, but taken no action with it.

It's certainly possible. There are other GDI pumps commercially available up to ~700hp in a single configuration or you could go with multiple units. Just a matter of putting the time into the engineering. You have a mechanically driven pump with a single PWM control. Simple in operation, but the devil's in the details. Again, good luck.
(#15)
Old

Car: 08' BMW 135iM
Default 08-16-2016, 07:06 AM

The best way for products and inventors to innovate is through support... Playing devils advocate creates a lot of unnecessary back and forth slows down the progress.

PM me, I'll send you a failed HPFP.

7DCT 2013 LeMans Blue BMW ///335is (Pending Inspection)
6AT | 135i ///M Sport - CRASHED (TOTALLED)
(#16)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 08-16-2016, 07:54 AM

I don't seen why it hurts to try. Not like VTT and that HPFPupgrade guy know what they are doing.

I have the original one from my MY09 at sitting my storage somewhere. I am pretty sure the pump internals are still pristine, since it was the fuel control valve that failed on mine.

PM me if you still need one.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#17)
Old

Default 08-16-2016, 08:17 AM

Got one on the way, thanks guys. Big thanks to MMP too!

I have zero experience with this, I just have a long background of making things work when told they couldn't, and I've got a very engineering-driven mind.

I've got 3 ideas in my head as to how I'm going to get it down to OEM speed, and I'm working with v8bait who claims he can get the electronics taken care of.

Sit tight, this won't happen tomorrow, but I'll be working on it.
(#18)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 08-16-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:

I have zero experience with this, I just have a long background of making things work when told they couldn't, and I've got a very engineering-driven mind.

I've got 3 ideas in my head as to how I'm going to get it down to OEM speed, and I'm working with v8bait who claims he can get the electronics taken care of.

Best of luck!

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#19)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 08-16-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:

Let me know if you need any help on the tuning side. I'd be glad to provide any additional tables needed, or the logic behind how they operate

Enjoying the new tables discovered and the XDF progress made? if you'd like. Every bit is appreciated!
(#20)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 08-16-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
Let me know if you need any help on the tuning side. I'd be glad to provide any additional tables needed, or the logic behind how they operate
Exactly what tables would those be. The Magic "injection tables" you were holding onto that aren't needed in any way shape or form to get 700+WHP out of DI only. I love that you keep hanging the DI tables over everyones head like they are required. The only tables needed to do what we did are already defined, and available to everyone. You just need to know how to set them up. Which myself a non tuner figured out. I look forward to more DI options if this guy can bring them. For the people in here saying the double barrel doesn't work. It actually works perfectly, as showcased in our latest round of testing. I just don't have enough time in the day to deal with fueling upgrades currently, turbos already have me hiring more people just to do that. Good luck with those magic injection tables Jake...

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#21)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 08-16-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
Now these are the types of responses he should be receiving! Good luck with the R&D and hope you can make a working solution!

Nothing bad to say about Tony because he was initially the one to take on the project and made progress but more options on the market is never a bad thing.

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#22)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 08-17-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Exactly what tables would those be. The Magic "injection tables" you were holding onto that aren't needed in any way shape or form to get 700+WHP out of DI only. I love that you keep hanging the DI tables over everyones head like they are required. The only tables needed to do what we did are already defined, and available to everyone. You just need to know how to set them up. Which myself a non tuner figured out. I look forward to more DI options if this guy can bring them. For the people in here saying the double barrel doesn't work. It actually works perfectly, as showcased in our latest round of testing. I just don't have enough time in the day to deal with fueling upgrades currently, turbos already have me hiring more people just to do that. Good luck with those magic injection tables Jake...
Oh hey! Yes, the reason your original double barrel didn't work wasn't due to tables, it was due to **** design...running one pump at stock speed, and one pump overdriven.

Low and behold, you change your **** design to run the pumps at the same speed, so the DME can actually control them, and now the DME can at least "learn" within the VCV PID limits, and adjusted the high pressure req and scalars tables enough to get it to work. Yay.

So you have it figured out now and are the man...do I see you selling a DI only 700whp solution? Nope. ETA to market? Nope. Sigh...

Injection windows, injector duration, VCV PID, and Base (VE) fueling tables will eventually be required to get the max out of DI. I'm not holding them over everyone's head, just yours. Hell, proper tuning of them may make the double barrel unnecessary

Enjoying the new tables discovered and the XDF progress made? if you'd like. Every bit is appreciated!