N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: 2013 550i...
Default log running map 7 on ms109 - 09-18-2016, 09:26 PM

seems to be leaning out
Attached Files
File Type: csv rewqwer.csv (15.5 KB, 163 views)
File Type: csv tre.csv (8.0 KB, 123 views)
File Type: csv redd.csv (12.5 KB, 138 views)
(#152)
Old

Car: 08' 535i
Default 09-20-2016, 05:14 PM

First I think you need to re-log, and do map 1 and 2 first if you haven't already, one log of each is enough, and do 3rd to 4th gear pull all the way though the rpm range 2k to 6500, there's way to many gear changes.

08' 535i sport auto, jb4/mdh/xhp
10' x5m 11.72 1/4 record jb4 only
00' hayabusa turbo 440rwhp street bike
1/8 5.42 141mph
07 SS trailblazer tuned/flex fuel
87 fox ls1 h/c/I 4l60e

Last edited by turboalb; 09-20-2016 at 05:21 PM..
(#153)
Old

Car: 13 F10 550iX
Default 09-20-2016, 05:21 PM

Also, did your old post say you were running 50/50 E85 mix? I think he said on the N63 30% E85 is the strongest that is safe at the moment. So you very well could be leaning out.
(#154)
Old

Default 09-20-2016, 05:31 PM

Yeah trims looked maxed out but with all the gear changed I can't make out the afr

1/8 5.42 141mph
87 fox ls1 h/c/I 4l60e
(#155)
Old

Default 09-21-2016, 01:42 AM

Logs?

1/8 5.42 141mph
87 fox ls1 h/c/I 4l60e
(#156)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmracer
seems to be leaning out
I would try raising open loop to 75 to see if that helps. It may trigger a fuel pressure fault but would be worth knowing.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#157)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Found issue fuel line in tank had a small rupture due to factory zip tie . Idk. I have the craziness issues but not leaning out any more pulls strong all the way thru...😆😆😆
Images over 150k do not display.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#158)
Old

Default should show - 09-24-2016, 12:16 AM

4th gear e85 e30
Attached Files
File Type: csv 4g.csv (3.0 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by Bmracer; 09-24-2016 at 12:34 AM..
(#159)
Old

Default 09-26-2016, 02:45 PM

If anyone has a big difference in their boost levels between banks, I would definitely consider adjusting your wastegates if you have the ability. My bank 2 boost levels were always 3-4 psi higher than my bank 1, and after a little adjustment I am within 1-2. I'll probably pull everything off and adjust it a bit more again, but the car seems a bit faster now that bank 1 isn't hanging low.
(#160)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
4th gear e85 e30
Grab some longer ones with shifts too, and they go in the support area.

Burger Motorsports

(#161)
Old

Car: 135 and M3
Default 09-28-2016, 02:27 PM

Terry any chance we can get software update to recognize 3.5 bar TMAP sensors rather than the 2.5 bar (running the Alpina Intercoolers which have 3.5 bar sensors) on the N63 JB4.
Please
(#162)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2016, 03:19 PM

We plan to add 3.5 and 4 bar support in the future but have not worked on it yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#163)
Old

Default 09-28-2016, 04:26 PM

Are you able to send me a beta file to my email and try it out?
(#164)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2016, 08:33 PM

No, I'd have to write the software first. And with only one or two people needing it, I've not yet set aside time to work on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#165)
Old

Default 10-04-2016, 01:44 AM

Don't mean to be a pest Terry however my contention we are in an experiment mode. Considering Alpina Intercoolers are 35% larger in volume we are not exploring the N63 envelope edge.
I feel we are leaving a lot of performance on the table not knowing the envelope edge of this engine. Will be happy to compensate for any cost incurred.

Joe
(#166)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 550xi
Default 10-09-2016, 02:20 PM

Hey Terry,
I finally got around to installing this JB4 beta. I ordered the upgrade kit and the BCM module as well. Installing the JB4 was a piece of cake. The BCM is giving me some trouble. After installing it and starting my car I fall into limp mode and I get DCS 4x4 malfunction error after a few seconds. I removed the BCM and leave the JB4 in and everything is fine.

So I double checked to make sure I have everything done right. 1st I checked the ground which I have connected to the strut brace. After I checked the brown BCM female is in correctly to DME black connector #17. The Wire that was removed from #17 is connected to brown male coming from the BCM. Then I checked the Black BCM female is in correctly to DME gray connector #6. The wire I pulled out from #6 is connected to black male coming from the BCM. I also made sure the blue dsub pin which I could not plug into JB4#1 because there was already a purple wire in #1 so I spliced them together as the instructions stated.

The last thing I checked was the power. I did not hook the BCM up to the fuse but instead used the posi tap from the old stage 2 that the Bluetooth adapter uses to be in. (Not sure if this would cause an issue)

Can you please help what am I doing wrong here?
(#167)
Old

Default 10-09-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsyed84
Hey Terry,
I finally got around to installing this JB4 beta. I ordered the upgrade kit and the BCM module as well. Installing the JB4 was a piece of cake. The BCM is giving me some trouble. After installing it and starting my car I fall into limp mode and I get DCS 4x4 malfunction error after a few seconds. I removed the BCM and leave the JB4 in and everything is fine.

So I double checked to make sure I have everything done right. 1st I checked the ground which I have connected to the strut brace. After I checked the brown BCM female is in correctly to DME black connector #17. The Wire that was removed from #17 is connected to brown male coming from the BCM. Then I checked the Black BCM female is in correctly to DME gray connector #6. The wire I pulled out from #6 is connected to black male coming from the BCM. I also made sure the blue dsub pin which I could not plug into JB4#1 because there was already a purple wire in #1 so I spliced them together as the instructions stated.

The last thing I checked was the power. I did not hook the BCM up to the fuse but instead used the posi tap from the old stage 2 that the Bluetooth adapter uses to be in. (Not sure if this would cause an issue)

Can you please help what am I doing wrong here?
The BCM needs 12v, the positap for the bluetooth is from a 5v source (tmap sensor power)
(#168)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 550xi
Default 10-09-2016, 02:28 PM

I see thanks for the help. I will wire it the 12v fuse and see how it goes.

Update: Well I just found out I ordered the wrong BCM. I mistakenly ordered the M5/M6 BCM. When I needed the 2011-2013 550i BCM. Just sent an email to Burger Tuning hopefully I can exchange it for the right one.

Last edited by Amsyed84; 10-09-2016 at 02:39 PM..
(#169)
Old

Default 10-14-2016, 11:59 AM

Hey I have a problem my boost spikes to 21lbs every time I full throttle...can that be a solonoid problem or jb4 issue..
(#170)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW F10 550XI Msport
Default Air Filters - 10-15-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momos750
What are and where did you buy your BadBlack High Flow Air Filters?
From his website. https://n63intake.com/

Mike
(#171)
Old

Car: 2011 750Li, 2015 M5
Default 10-16-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick
From his website. https://n63intake.com/

Mike
I have seen those on the site. Thank you. All they did was retrofit some aftermarket intake panels to the OEM plastic intake body. Wonder what brand and part number those panel filters are? All you would do is pop out the old paper filters and glue in the new higher flowing panel filters.
(#172)
Old

Default 10-16-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momos750
I have seen those on the site. Thank you. All they did was retrofit some aftermarket intake panels to the OEM plastic intake body. Wonder what brand and part number those panel filters are? All you would do is pop out the old paper filters and glue in the new higher flowing panel filters.
You're looking at the wrong thing, check this one out specifically:

https://n63intake.com/product/n63n63...ld-air-intake/
(#173)
Old

Car: BMW F10 550i 2011
Default 10-18-2016, 06:53 PM

Hi Terry,
I need an advice please.

Last edited by 550i_scorp; 10-18-2016 at 07:16 PM..
(#174)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2016, 07:54 PM

If you need tech support just email us with a log, any codes coming up, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#175)
Old

Car: BMW F10 550i 2011
Default 10-18-2016, 08:34 PM

Hi Terry
Sorry man, I edited my post and for some reason, it didn't go through

I used to have stage 2 and it was working aweaome with no issues. I upgraded it to the JB4 with BCM and the installation process was a piece of cake. Returned the stage 2 core and got a refund (thank you).

Now what I have is when I step on the gas and the tachometer goes to 4000 to 4500 RPM, I feel a bump and the car throws Drivetrain Malfunction message and (like the guys said) I have to pull over and restart the engine.
Sometimes it happens when I'm driving say like 65 mph without acceleration and tachometer is on say 2000 RPM.

This is not related to cruise control (it's off). I put menu 4 to 0 (like you suggested) and the same issue still happens. I changed my map to 0 for stock operation and I still get the same issue.
Any advice or suggeation from you or anybody here is much appreciated.

It's 2011 550i N63 stock with no mods except JB4 and BCM. Gas is octane 93.

Please help, thank you veru much.

P.S. I will start to log and send you what I get. Thanks