N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: f80
Default Decrease 1st/2nd gear boost - 04-02-2015, 01:20 PM

How do you decrease boost in 1st and second gear? I recently got the jb4 map2 installed and have no traction all through 2nd. I thought the new firmware decreased it already but still no traction. I logged it in 2nd gear and was recording around 19.3psi. Is this decreased already? Values were at 0

I've tried changing the user adjustment to have max boost 2nd gear to 10psi but it didn't work, which I'm assuming is a decrease of 10psi at 50mph?

Last edited by gtrsam; 04-02-2015 at 01:29 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-02-2015, 01:41 PM

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

| ProCharged C6 Z06 | Civic-X Si | F30 330i |
(#3)
Old

Default 04-02-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseN54
That says that it will limit boost to whatever you set it at. The n55 jb4 says it will decrease the value imputed there. ie, 10 psi should decrease 10 psi vs that link says an input of 10 will hold it at no higher than 10psi. Which is correct??
(#4)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 04-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrsam
That says that it will limit boost to whatever you set it at. The n55 jb4 says it will decrease the value imputed there. ie, 10 psi should decrease 10 psi vs that link says an input of 10 will hold it at no higher than 10psi. Which is correct??
The link provided was relevant to E9x chassis cars.

For the F8x, the input in the field will reduce boost by the value entered.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2015, 04:13 PM

I use 8 for 1st, 7 for 2nd, and 5 for 3rd. With the s55 boost is reduced by that amount. Since some maps are additive and others absolute this method allows the setting to work for both control schemes.

PS. 3rd gear is coming in the next firmware release.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Thumbs up 04-02-2015, 05:38 PM

Thanks guys. Love the quick support for the jb4. Def a must for f8x cars
(#7)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 04-03-2015, 07:16 AM

I dont understand the drivability issues a few claim to be having. Is the only concern ETs at the drag-strip, because the car is still very easy to drive, even with Stage 1 adding 4 psi across the board and conti all season tires.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2015, 12:24 PM

Easy to drive but hard to drive fast especially in lower gears. Limiting boost really helps.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Default 04-03-2015, 01:58 PM

Yes easy to drive but cannot keep the pedal floored in 1st or 2nd unless you leave traction control on or want to spin. I have advan ad08r tires and 2nd gear traction was non existent. Haven't tested the new inputs yet for the reductions
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2015, 02:17 PM

You should tell these guys they are using the wrong S55 forum. Sputtering in high gear means fuel trims are maxing out. They need to connect FF connector and if its already installed then raise the open loop setting in the JB4 interface.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 04-03-2015, 02:21 PM

Told them haha
(#12)
Old

Default 04-04-2015, 06:01 PM

Went for a test with 5psi decrease 1st and 3psi 2nd and it worked perfectly. I had hardly any spin. Absolutely love the jb4. These are the perfect settings for the street stage 2. I also have advan ad08r tires though so not sure about the OEM pss
(#13)
Old

Car: f82
Default 04-25-2015, 07:29 PM

Is there any boost limiting enabled for 1st and 2nd by default?
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2015, 09:46 PM

No you need to enable that in the interface.

Burger Motorsports