N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1001)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i 2007 N54
Default 08-06-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbo
can you still launch with 2 step + anti lag? my car stumbles and stalls when i try? anyone else have this issue

09 n54 AT e85 bef
I think we all have the same issue, I had to remove the 2 step relay to use my antilag at the track this weekend. Not going to use 2 step until fixed.

-07 335i coupe
BMS charge pipe
Turbosmart BOV
VRSF down pipe
BMS WMI with single nozzle ( 10 )
JB4 map 3 w/bluetooth & antiliag
Afe intake filter
BMS intercooler
BMS tranny cooler
BMS Double baffle catch can
MHD BEF Racegas
Precision Raceworks Coil
-Running 91 octane with WMI
(#1002)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbo
can you still launch with 2 step + anti lag? my car stumbles and stalls when i try? anyone else have this issue

09 n54 AT e85 bef
No it doesn't really work well for automatics, just makes noise. Best launches are off anti-lag alone brake boosting. I'd decouple the 2step from the anti-lag by unselected the WMI bit.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1003)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i 2007 N54
Default 08-10-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No it doesn't really work well for automatics, just makes noise. Best launches are off anti-lag alone brake boosting. I'd decouple the 2step from the anti-lag by unselected the WMI bit.
Unselecting wmi bit3 doesn’t make it.. The relay and wiring has to be removed.

-07 335i coupe
BMS charge pipe
Turbosmart BOV
VRSF down pipe
BMS WMI with single nozzle ( 10 )
JB4 map 3 w/bluetooth & antiliag
Afe intake filter
BMS intercooler
BMS tranny cooler
BMS Double baffle catch can
MHD BEF Racegas
Precision Raceworks Coil
-Running 91 octane with WMI
(#1004)
Old

Car: 2008 bmw 335xi
Default Jb4 antilag + 2step not working - 09-07-2019, 12:16 PM

2008 bmw 335xi 6speed
Hey everyone, I am trying to get the crazy pops that Terry shows in his antilag 2step video. I'm all up to date on jb4 and bef and also have the 2step relay. For some reason it is not letting me save bit3 when I try to turn it on. I have not been able to successfully get antilag to work even on its own. Any help is appreciated!
(#1005)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2019, 07:54 PM

What happens when you select it and press save twice?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1006)
Old

Car: 2008 bmw 335xi
Default 09-08-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
What happens when you select it and press save twice?
It won't even let me click save. I can try double clicking it tomorrow again. When I tried the other day I clicked save a ton of times and it wouldn't do anything.
(#1007)
Old
FBO Minus FMIC

Car: E60 535xi
Default 11-21-2019, 06:16 PM

Just finished the install of the Anti lag / 2Step running firmware 32_14_T11 (just switched from 32_12_T10)not sure if this is the one i should be using as its a bit confusing to me on which one i should use lol im also running a BEF Ije0s or w.e it is Pump Tune. Just about to head out the door and try it out. Hopefully all goes well id post some logs following it but not sure if its worth it. Ive got a Boost leak in my silicone intercooler to turbo charge pipe from the exhaust manifold burning it. Ive got the new one coming in on Tuesday hopefully.

2010 E60 535xi
FBO Minus FMIC
PRW Stage 2 Fuel pump
VRSF 3" High Flow Cats
VRSF Charge pipe
VRSF Stock Inlets
MMP Stage 3 Turbos

Fresh Engine Rebuild Top To Bottom and Shell Blasted as well as All new Parts Listed above.
(#1008)
Old
FBO Minus FMIC

Car: E60 535xi
Default 11-22-2019, 05:19 PM

Im Happy asf tbh. At first it wouldnt let me 2step in N and then outta no where a SHOTGUN BOOMB! lol and then it started to work. Once it bounced at set RPM for maybe 2 revs then shot up as if there was no 2 step and i was flooring it. Anti lag works aswell but ive ran into a problem with off the line launch it builds up then starts to bog out like its going to die. happend twice so far but worked for the most part. But id like to maybe build a bit more boost on the first gear launch is the acheived by raising the 1 gear boost limits ? Antilag and 2 stepp is hella funn for the rolling races sound like im MT and sick ASF. I use the Vol Down button for the rolling ones so much funner and eaiser. i figured how to properly do it after failed attempts. Now one thing im not able to figure out is how to antilag and 2step off the line. My method of trying is. Hold Brakes, Floor it, then Channel Down. But nothing but failed attemps.

all in all im happy with all of it the JB4, add ons and the support.
Cant forget The Man Terry. What would us n54 guys be doing without him.... I Thank you for everything and more.

2010 E60 535xi
FBO Minus FMIC
PRW Stage 2 Fuel pump
VRSF 3" High Flow Cats
VRSF Charge pipe
VRSF Stock Inlets
MMP Stage 3 Turbos

Fresh Engine Rebuild Top To Bottom and Shell Blasted as well as All new Parts Listed above.
(#1009)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default 12-31-2019, 07:57 AM

@ Terry:
Any possibility of these being released for the F10 M5 and /or F30 340i??
I have quite a few interested with both platforms,thanks
(#1010)
Old

Car: 09 135i
Default 01-05-2020, 09:47 PM

Someone asked this but i didn't see a response. But when doing a burnout with a manual, 2 step kicks in when the brake is depressed not letting me do a burnout. Any ideas?

09 135I MT jb4 g5/MHD Trebila backend Frankenturbo F21 FBO, PI, stage 3 lpfp, full E85, Quaife LSD
(#1011)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-06-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnilKram
Someone asked this but i didn't see a response. But when doing a burnout with a manual, 2 step kicks in when the brake is depressed not letting me do a burnout. Any ideas?
FUD:
bit0 - Disable steering wheel controls.
bit1 - Disable wastegate adaption.
bit2 - Use water temp in place of oil temp for warm up safety.
bit3 - Disable open loop fuel learning.
bit4 - Enable BETA Anti-Bog-Logic (Manual Trans Only, v32_11+)
bit5 - Block anti-lag from engaging on brake pedal, use volume only
bit6 - Disable FF RPM gain so duty bias RPM gain can be manually set more precisely.
bit7 - Alternative anti-rattle algorithm

Burger Motorsports

Last edited by Payam @ BMS; 01-06-2020 at 11:23 AM..
(#1012)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 01-13-2020, 12:07 AM

Anyone had issues with antilag/2step and aftermarket coil setup ?
i think my PR coils are what causing the issues.

when attempting rolling antilag with volume down and full throttle cause the car to fall on its face heavy drivetrain vibration.

issue happens with bms backend and my custom backend With modified tables aswell
PR coil, Meth PI
(#1013)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2020, 09:13 AM

Hmm not come across any, log of the issue?

Burger Motorsports

(#1014)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 01-15-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Hmm not come across any, log of the issue?
here is a recentish WOT pull, and 2 antilag/ 2step attempt a while back all i got for now.

BMS Pi controller Meth PI, PR coil...
Attached Files
File Type: csv antilag fail.csv (34.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv 2step anti.csv (5.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-21 12_30_42_Map-3.csv (9.4 KB, 5 views)
(#1015)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2020, 10:23 AM

What about normal anti-lag (not coupled with 2STEP relay)?

Burger Motorsports

(#1016)
Old

Default 01-16-2020, 01:25 AM

Quote:
What about normal anti-lag (not coupled with 2STEP relay)?
do i need to physically remove the relay for this ?
(#1017)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2020, 09:48 AM

No you just unselect the WMI option to link the two.

Burger Motorsports

(#1018)
Old

Default 01-18-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
No you just unselect the WMI option to link the two.
Will do so once weather allow then report here.

Thank you