N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default CM Meth Nozzle difference - 08-24-2018, 09:58 AM

is a cm10 nozzle from 7 yrs ago different from a cm10 nozzle from 2yrs ago?i have both.from looks i see the newer one isnt as tapered as the older one.But is the spray pattern the same?

Now i also have a newer cm07 nozzle.
Reason for my questions is because my older cm10 nozzle threads on body is bad.i want to use the cm10 instead of a cm07.can i just replace the cm07 internal with the old cm10 internal but use the newer cm07 body?
I want to run dual cm10 setup instead of a cm10&cm07.

E90 SEDAN '08
-SiNGLE TURBO AUTO TRANS*FSB G5 ISO*100%METH**FUEL iT!STAGE 2*ALPiNA FLASH-
-NGK PLUGS*BMS OCC*RB VALVE-
-E85 MHD FLASH-
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2018, 10:07 AM

We recently started making our own nozzles, BM7 and BM10, to get the quality up and incorporate some nozzle features CM wouldn't do for us.

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 08-24-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We recently started making our own nozzles, BM7 and BM10, to get the quality up and incorporate some nozzle features CM wouldn't do for us.

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

thats nice but i just bought the newer version cm10&cm07 from you last year.also i purchased bunch of extra compression adapters and tee fittings from you at that same time.

E90 SEDAN '08
-E85 MHD FLASH-
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2018, 12:17 PM

I don't know if the inserts on the cm nozzle variants can be swapped over. But you could fill the tank with water, swap them around, test spray in to a bottle, and measure the flow and check the spray pattern visually to ensure it's doing what you want it to do.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-26-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I don't know if the inserts on the cm nozzle variants can be swapped over. But you could fill the tank with water, swap them around, test spray in to a bottle, and measure the flow and check the spray pattern visually to ensure it's doing what you want it to do.
Thanks for your input

E90 SEDAN '08
-E85 MHD FLASH-
(#6)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 08-31-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry,

any updates on the comparison with the new BM nozzles vs the CM nozzles?
(#7)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 09-02-2019, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning
Hi Terry,

any updates on the comparison with the new BM nozzles vs the CM nozzles?
+1

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-03-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Jameel
+1
What's the comparison that you need?

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 09-03-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS

Hmm.. wondering how different is the BM one compared to the CM nozzle.. maybe in terms of build quality and how/if it affects performance?
(#10)
Old

Default 09-04-2019, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
is there any differences in spray pattern or volume.
is it worth to change my nozzles to BM.

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#11)
Old

Default 09-04-2019, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPANKY
thats nice but i just bought the newer version cm10&cm07 from you last year.also i purchased bunch of extra compression adapters and tee fittings from you at that same time.
changing the CM internal won't work, as I notice the CM7 and CM10 volume difference control isn't with the internal it's with the opening whole in it externally.

(#12)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 09-04-2019, 10:06 AM

I'm curious on details of how the latest BM design is better than the CM.

I've purchased two BM nozzles and will be ordering a 3rd shortly.
Both the BM10 and (later ordered) BM5 had loose (backed off) inserts, resulting in the spray pattern being very long and narrow.
The BM10 even bogged engine until corrected. I was dropping 1 inch from the 1 gallon tank per 3rd gear run until tightened, then my consumption went much less than half of that.

As soon as I tightened the insert, the spray pattern went very wide and short, atomizing infinitely better. (I've posted videos elsewhere here, but can post here if requested)

As the insert tightens metal to metal, I can't help wonder if the vibrations will allow the insert to back-off again, by itself.

Thus, I wonder if BM vs CM is to address this? Or other?

--

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (190,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual BM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
TMAP: 3.5 barr
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
RB PCV Valve
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Plugs | Ign Coils | Walnut Blasting
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | Alternator w/ Clutch Pulley | Water Pump & TStat
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-04-2019, 10:09 AM

I can't comment on the CM stuff, but there's a reason why we had to make our own.

Our BM nozzles are made in USA and machined to our standards with atomization and flow.

Burger Motorsports