N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#826)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2019, 04:27 PM

Working on anti-lag to improve brake boosting for automatics. One of our customers first test videos attached.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#827)
Old

Car: 09 E90 335i Msport
Default 02-02-2019, 08:40 PM

Holy boost build! This gonna be huge! Well done Terry!
Can't wait for it to be all set to run!
(#828)
Old

Car: 2009 e90 335i
Default 02-02-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintBeastwood
Just to clarify

I have a Jb4 g5 purchased new in Nov 2018. Do i need the anti lag chip and wiring or wiring only?

Thanks
???
(#829)
Old

Car: 09 E90 335i Msport
Default 02-03-2019, 12:01 AM

Doesn't matter what you have. You need the chip, wiring and the latest back end flash.
(#830)
Old

Car: 2009 e90 335i
Default 02-03-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 M335i
Doesn't matter what you have. You need the chip, wiring and the latest back end flash.
Thank you
(#831)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 02-03-2019, 01:36 PM

The JB4 (Launch Assist) lol is going great feels like it's oem
(#832)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 M335i
Holy boost build! This gonna be huge! Well done Terry!
Can't wait for it to be all set to run!
Making good progress, need a few testers.

With the default JB4 BEF setting is works, and you get a nice popping out of the exhaust when doing it. But we've found revised settings on the BEF make the launch even harder, but you sacrifice the noise a bit. We'll probably try to make that end user adjustable.

For now though need a few people to help test it out. Drop me an email if you have time. For it to work you'll need the JB4 anti-lag kit installed and active, and the BEF loaded. If rolling anti-lag is working OK for you now then you're ready to go on testing the launch anti-lag.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#833)
Old

Default 02-03-2019, 01:54 PM

JB4 Automatic launch anti lag tests 1 - YouTube

Here is a test hit I tried recording
(#834)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2019, 12:37 PM

That's on the -35 degrees right? The -35 gives a smoother higher boost launch but you don't get the brap-brap-brap I now many of our automatic customers want.

When it dries out I'll also make a few videos on our 135i automatic to showcase the differences.

Burger Motorsports

(#835)
Old

Default 02-04-2019, 08:32 PM

JB4 ANTI-LAG LAUNCH ASSIST TEST 3 - YouTube

So another quick test to bad i can't launch it because of the weather
(#836)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-04-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9x_raphy
JB4 ANTI-LAG LAUNCH ASSIST TEST 3 - YouTube

So another quick test to bad i can't launch it because of the weather
Sounds pretty wicked!

Once the weather clears out I can't wait to see some better videos.

Burger Motorsports

(#837)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-05-2019, 11:12 AM

If you're looking for more testers towards the end of this month, I'd love to help out. I would love to see how this works with my 6466, but need to figure out my XHP issues before hopping on board.

Evil1 '08 135i 6AT with a few go fast bits...
(#838)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 08:07 PM

Here is another video of the latest changes feels great and works 100%

(#839)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-05-2019, 08:09 PM

Making good progress. Basically to get the pops and bangs along with the hard launch, the anti-lag + 2TEP relay will be required. I think you can get most of the performance benefit without the noise with the anti-lag only though. Waiting for the weather to dry out here so I can do some better testing!

Burger Motorsports

(#840)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2019, 09:55 PM

For those testing the new JB4 automatic anti-lag, found a bug in the firmware breaking the stealth boost gauges. Will fix in the next test version.

Also, updated the BEF maps to reflect -36 timing during anti-lag, works a little better.

Burger Motorsports

(#841)
Old

Car: 09 135i
Default 02-07-2019, 10:25 PM

I did the update, but my step still sounds like it used to. What could the issue be?

09 135I MT jb4 g5/MHD Trebila backend Frankenturbo F21 FBO, PI, stage 3 lpfp, full E85, Quaife LSD
(#842)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2019, 02:18 PM

Latest automatic test firmware and directions below.

To do this you'll require the latest BEF (we posted updates the other day), anti-lag wire, and if you want to 2STEP also then the 2STEP relay. The clutch wire from the 2STEP relay obviously doesn't need to be installed.

Worth noting for rolling antilag+2step mentioned in video, you have to use the foot brake to engage the antilag or it won't register the 2step request on channel down.

Attached Files
File Type: hex G5_ISO_32_13_T6.hex (86.7 KB, 77 views)
File Type: hex G5_ISO_32_13_T7.hex (86.5 KB, 64 views)

Burger Motorsports

(#843)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnilKram
I did the update, but my step still sounds like it used to. What could the issue be?
Post a log of the 2STEP so we can see if anti-lag is engaging.

Burger Motorsports

(#844)
Old

Default 02-08-2019, 04:03 PM

I noticed in the video you mentioned the 1st gear boost setting to 10psi, which would be your target for anti-lag.
Out of curiosity, would this feature work for those of us that launch in 2nd gear if we adjusted the 2nd gear boost settings down to a reasonable level?

Evil1 '08 135i 6AT with a few go fast bits...
(#845)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psixtc
I noticed in the video you mentioned the 1st gear boost setting to 10psi, which would be your target for anti-lag.
Out of curiosity, would this feature work for those of us that launch in 2nd gear if we adjusted the 2nd gear boost settings down to a reasonable level?
Yes should work same way. It's early days so test it out, provide logs, and let's evaluate!

Burger Motorsports

(#846)
Old

Default 02-08-2019, 05:22 PM

Thanks terry, my rolling antilag works. I also have a trebila tune. I didnt know the foot brake needed to be engaged. I was doing it the old way with a manual, clutch in and full throttle. I guess same thing just have to be quick with the gas/brake foot lol

09 135I MT jb4 g5/MHD Trebila backend Frankenturbo F21 FBO, PI, stage 3 lpfp, full E85, Quaife LSD
(#847)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2019, 05:32 PM

Have him adjust the offset to -36 degrees in it also.

For manual anti-lag engages off volume bottom since you won't have a 3rd foot.

Burger Motorsports

(#848)
Old

Default 02-08-2019, 11:17 PM

Thanks Terry I'll let him know and have a log for you

(#849)
Old

Default 02-09-2019, 11:43 PM

Loving the new rolling anti lag
(#850)
Old
Legend

Default 02-10-2019, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnilKram