N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old

Car: 335i bmw e90
Default 07-01-2018, 09:55 AM

Thanks Terry... have a Great 4th of July...
(#402)
Old

Default 07-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Terry do I need this FIRMWARE UPDATE VIA JB4 {G5_ISO_32_8_T12.hex}? I have Not updated since June 2017... Thanks
(#403)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-05-2018, 04:43 PM

You will need to go to this thread here and update to this firmware

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

G5_ISO_32_12_T6.hex

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#404)
Old

Default 07-05-2018, 07:19 PM

Thanks, so the last on the List will always be the Newest? G5_ISO_32_12_T6.hex
(#405)
Old

Default 07-05-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You will need to go to this thread here and update to this firmware

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

G5_ISO_32_12_T6.hex
Payam @ BMS Will this Enable E85 Gauge Monitoring also?
(#406)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-06-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargas Stage1
Payam @ BMS Will this Enable E85 Gauge Monitoring also?
For virtual e85 or do you have an e85 content analyzer hooked up? Should work fine for both, just need to check off the correct boxes.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#407)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i
Default 07-07-2018, 06:12 AM

Hi, i have been trying to do logs with the settings on 1st page after installing rb stage 2 evos but keeps getting last safty 2 afr fault. Is this due to me not upgrading in tank fuel pump to stage 2?
(#408)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2018, 08:23 AM

Let's see the CSV, maybe fuel trims maxing out or o2 sensor issue?

Burger Motorsports

(#409)
Old

Default 07-07-2018, 08:37 AM

I have had to leave my 2 rear o2 sensors connected but not installed into pipie. Due to me having right hand drive car and the de-*** ** pre-*** holes been in the wrong place i had to install the pre-*** o2 sensors where the post-*** o2 sensors go and tie up the post-*** o2 sensors and put plugs in pre-*** holes.
I also get engine check light stating misfire cycl 2 or 3.
I have setup the jb4 as per the 1st page but i have latest firmware in jb4 so fud has changed. Please could you let me have the correct settings for jb4 as jb4 keeps on going to 0/4 under boost?
Cheers Andrew
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-07 12_04_16Map_5.csv (9.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-09 14_39_47Map_5.csv (4.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-09 14_39_11Map_5.csv (8.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-09 14_37_45Map_5.csv (5.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-09 14_37_16Map_5.csv (4.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-09 14_33_15Map_2.csv (6.2 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Tamlynne2; 07-09-2018 at 08:20 AM..
(#410)
Old

Default 07-10-2018, 02:04 AM

Hi, Sorry to be a pain but I am leaving to go abroad with my car in 2 weeks and really need to get the tune sorted. Please could someone give me the settings for jb4 for rb super evo hybrid turbos. I have tried the settings on the 1st page with no luck. My setup is:- JB4 G5 iso, RB super evo hybrid turbos, 2" inlets, FMIC, Larger Oil Cooler, Charger pipe, WMI, ***** *********, DCI, 3.5bar Tmap. Do I need to upgrade LPFP?
Cheers Andrew
(#411)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2018, 08:18 AM

Looked at a few of the logs and boost control is spot on. The logs don't have a lot of WOT so not much to look at.

If you have fault codes and such you'll have to address those. What codes are coming up?

Burger Motorsports

(#412)
Old

Default 07-10-2018, 08:36 AM

Thanks for reply. I cant do full throttle as i get code cly 2 misfire which i never got before upgrading turbos. Cheers Andrew
(#413)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2018, 08:48 AM

If you get that at just map1 or map2 levels, probably a plug, coil, or injector. Boost seems on target as does fueling.

Burger Motorsports

(#414)
Old

Default 07-10-2018, 01:41 PM

Hi, how do these logs look now. I replaced all the plugs and no more fault codes.
Do i need to do some adjustments to db to get boost up?
Cheers Andrew
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-10 21_14_38Map_5.csv (78.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-10 21_18_57Map_5.csv (36.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-10 21_20_00Map_5.csv (5.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-10 21_24_53Map_5.csv (9.2 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Tamlynne2; 07-10-2018 at 02:01 PM..
(#415)
Old

Car: 335i N54
Default 07-23-2018, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
I just started getting 30FE Boost Over Target, but only when part throttle rolling onto the freeway. I'm on VTT GC turbos. This never happened on stock turbos. I upped my Menu 11 throttle mapping to 3500 and it has helped, but not fully fixed the issue. Which table in the DME should I be looking at for this? Load Target Offset (Overboost)? I don't just want to disable the code.
Same issue with GC 2.0. I noticed it with hot outside temps for the moment.
Iím tried to lower menu 12 to 1500RPM as seen in another help thread and testing atm.
Overboost and 3100 code on the highway, low throttle, even in map 4.

Black Sapphire E92 335i AT: VTT GC 2.0 - VTT inlets/outlet - VRSF 7'' FMIC - VRSF 3'' d p s - JB4 G5 w/ FSB - AEM meth - Fuel-It stage 2 LPFP - BMS DCI - Phoenix Racing CP - TIAL BOV - NGK 5992 - KW V3 - Dinan camber plates - Brembo 8 pot - Pagid RST3 - Mishimoto 25 row oil cooler - Quaife LSD - M3 rear bar - xHP stage 3
(#416)
Old

Car: e92 335i AT
Default 07-26-2018, 08:08 AM

Ok guys my MMP 1k turbos, intlets, outlets, stage 2 bucketless pump and LSD just finished getting installed. I am picking the car up today and want to make sure its on a safe map/settings before i can get her properly tuned. I saw the user adjustment settings on the first page Terry provided but wanted to make sure I didn't need anything else configured. Mods in Signature.

Once I do a couple runs i will upload logs to get it all dialed in properly.

Thanks in Advance!

-Patrick
Attached Images

2007 e92 335i AT - MMP1k's, MMP inlets/outlets - VRSF ******* **, FMIC, CP w/ Tial BOV - AFE Magnum DCI - TMAP 3.5 Bar - Fuel-It Stage 2 bucketless pump - WaveTrac LSD - JB4 g5 - MHD BEF
(#417)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2018, 08:15 AM

Always need to log your specific car and evaluate it when you get it running.

Burger Motorsports

(#418)
Old

Default 07-26-2018, 08:25 AM

Plan on doing that as soon as I know a safe map/settings to put her in! Right now i run map 5 w/ pump map MHD BEF.

Thanks Terry

-Patrick

2007 e92 335i AT - MMP1k's, MMP inlets/outlets - VRSF ******* **, FMIC, CP w/ Tial BOV - AFE Magnum DCI - TMAP 3.5 Bar - Fuel-It Stage 2 bucketless pump - WaveTrac LSD - JB4 g5 - MHD BEF
(#419)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-26-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbrennan
Plan on doing that as soon as I know a safe map/settings to put her in! Right now i run map 5 w/ pump map MHD BEF.

Thanks Terry

-Patrick
Post the CSV file in the support section and I'll take a look at it.

Burger Motorsports

(#420)
Old

Default 07-26-2018, 12:59 PM

Awesome thanks Payam. I'll actually be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I will upload the logs when i get back from the drive (light 2nd / 3rd gear pulls assuming?). Would you say its best to keep it on map 5 or set the user adjustment settings and stick with map 6?

Thanks,

-Patrick

(#421)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 07-26-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Awesome thanks Payam. I'll actually be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I will upload the logs when i get back from the drive (light 2nd / 3rd gear pulls assuming?). Would you say its best to keep it on map 5 or set the user adjustment settings and stick with map 6?

Thanks,

-Patrick
It just appears to me which I'm sure Terry and Payam are quite aware of is you're already setting DB, boost and other settings based on what you think might work instead of just logging off a Map 2 and adjusting accordingly. It's always best to set everything to default and adjust after log IMO.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#422)
Old

Default 07-27-2018, 06:02 AM

Ok so you're saying keep it on Map 2, do the logging and upload rather than Map 5 or 6?

Thanks again for all the feedback.

(#423)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-27-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Ok so you're saying keep it on Map 2, do the logging and upload rather than Map 5 or 6?

Thanks again for all the feedback.
We can try map 2 or 5, we'll get to 6 later.

3rd gear pulls from about 2krpm-redline are best for data, just make sure pedal is to the floor for consistency!

Burger Motorsports

(#424)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 08-02-2018, 11:36 AM

I have a 1M and just got my Pure Stage 2 DD's installed, can anyone point me in the direction of the proper flash for hybrids with a 1M/335is motor? MHD or BMS

FBO with Fuel it stage 2 lpfp, jb4

Hate to be this guy, asking but its very hard to sift through all the 135/335 info and get the right info for a 1M.

BSM 1M, BMS MHD w JB4, Pure Stg 2 DD, FBO, Motion Control Suspension, Stoptechs, big sticky tires, lost control at some point.. M6GC 6MT w JB
(#425)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-02-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer123
I have a 1M and just got my Pure Stage 2 DD's installed, can anyone point me in the direction of the proper flash for hybrids with a 1M/335is motor? MHD or BMS

FBO with Fuel it stage 2 lpfp, jb4

Hate to be this guy, asking but its very hard to sift through all the 135/335 info and get the right info for a 1M.
Flash with MHD using our off the shelf maps.

You can find the cable here for your android device:

http://www.burgertuning.com/OBDII_MH...ASH_CABLE.html

Burger Motorsports