N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion > Model-Specific Engine Tuning & Modification Discussion > N54
Reload this Page New product, OBDII MHD Compatible Flashing Cable w/ MicroUSB Adapter

(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default New product, OBDII MHD Compatible Flashing Cable w/ MicroUSB Adapter - 06-05-2018, 11:29 AM

Been wanting to make these for awhile for customers using MHD to load our back end flash maps but just got around to it recently. We tracked down a high volume Chinese OBDII cable manufacturer and had them switch the cable to Micro-USB instead of standard USB, so it can plug directly in to Micro-USB Android devices without need of an adapter. Also made a few other minor electrical changes to improve speed and reliability. Best part of it is we were able to keep the costs really reasonable by ordering 1000 of them.

We're doing an intro price of $25 just to get them out there and feedback rolling in. We've been testing them on our shop cars the last few weeks with no issues at all. The speed is slightly better than the Amazon OBDII cables everyone gets and only slightly slower than the more expensive BimmerLife cable that goes for $59. For the money it's a good value and we're providing a free lifetime warranty on them.

In stock and ready to ship!

http://burgertuning.com/OBDII_MHD_CO...ASH_CABLE.html

Name:  IMG_20180605_111311025.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  170.0 KB

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 06-05-2018, 12:50 PM

Nice!

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-05-2018, 01:25 PM

Super convenient, love mine!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-05-2018, 03:08 PM

Lol now maybe you guys can make a type C verion :P

(#5)
Old

Car: 11 335i 6MT RWD
Default 06-05-2018, 04:02 PM

^ Yep, I had to use an adapter for mine. Everything is going that way but not very wide spread just yet.

E90 N55 RWD 6MT MHD Speedtech EFR7670 MFactory LSD
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
Lol now maybe you guys can make a type C verion :P
We will for sure if these do well. Figured Micro USB was the best thing to start with since all the cheaper devices (like my phone) still have them.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 135i..First of the 1
Default 06-05-2018, 06:00 PM

Ordered mine. At that price canít turn down an improved cable over the slow one I have now.
(#8)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-05-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We will for sure if these do well. Figured Micro USB was the best thing to start with since all the cheaper devices (like my phone) still have them.
Lol sounds good!
Just sick of using USB c to microusb adapters for my Samsung phone.

(#9)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 06-06-2018, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
Lol sounds good!
Just sick of using USB c to microusb adapters for my Samsung phone.
Same here, that s.h.i.t. sucks bawlz.
(#10)
Old

Car: BMW 335i N54
Default 06-06-2018, 01:54 AM

Are you sure this will work? Don't you need an OTG cable for functionality?
The MicroUSB to USB cable does more then just convert the connector.

MicroUSB is outdated already. I need USB-C for all my equipment
(#11)
Old

Car: 11 335i 6MT RWD
Default 06-06-2018, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic

Yep,I've got an adapter for my Pixel and never had any problems flashing with MHD.

E90 N55 RWD 6MT MHD Speedtech EFR7670 MFactory LSD
(#12)
Old

Car: N54 135i
Default 06-06-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Or better yet - ODB2 flashing via wifi or bluetooth. :D

2008 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // JB4 G5 Iso in passive mode with custom e30 MHD tune // Bluetooth e85 content analyzer with JB4 integration // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downp|pes // VRSF 7" FMIC // ER charge pipe // Turbosmart BOV // Injen intake // M-Factory SMFW // F10 550i clutch // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless lines // Turner 15mm front spacers
(#13)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-06-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shot
Or better yet - ODB2 flashing via wifi or bluetooth. :D
I like the idea of a mhd bluetooth adapter for logging because it would be clean and seemless for logging, plus I can keep my tablet charging etc. But I prefer the wired connection for flashing because It's more stable in my opinion.

(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic

I'm sure the cable flashes fine, we've done it plenty of times. As for anything else who knows. MicroUSB is the most common Android connection out. If these sell well then we'll make USB-C versions.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default 06-07-2018, 11:33 AM

In for a USB c when ready!

08 535Xi - jb4 iso w/mhd flash, Bms dci, AR ********* **, er cp with forge dv, second *** delete, muffler delete, xhp trans flash, ets fmic, bms oil tstat bypass.
(#16)
Old

Car: Bicycle
Default 06-07-2018, 04:10 PM

Terry - Anything in the works on making a micro usb to Serial (JB4 pinout) connector? Although this is sweet.
(#17)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-17-2018, 08:54 PM

could you post a picture of the insides of the connector? I'm just curious because I bought an ebay enet cable before and the wiring and sautering was absolutely garbage. It was frayed inside with some exposed cables touching, the sautering was poor, and some of the unused cables were tied together so that would probably short out the computer.

Then again it was ebay so I didn't expect much.

(#18)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 06-18-2018, 06:47 AM

Does this cable work with xhp trans flash?
(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-18-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroytec
Does this cable work with xhp trans flash?
I personally haven't tried it yet but I will be testing that out for a customer later this week and will keep you updated.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
Terry - Anything in the works on making a micro usb to Serial (JB4 pinout) connector? Although this is sweet.
What would you use that for?

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 06-22-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I personally haven't tried it yet but I will be testing that out for a customer later this week and will keep you updated.
Did it work?
(#22)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 06-22-2018, 07:43 PM

sent the link to a friend, he just bought it.

i think one of the only things that can be shipped to CA from the BMS site.

- BMW 535i - Sport - Sport Auto - JB4 G5 ISO - DCI - BMS E85 BackEnd via MHD - 19in M6 Wheels -

- Suzuki GSX-R750 - Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust - Mirror Block-Offs - WoodCraft RearSets - Yoshimura Frame Sliders -
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2018, 09:51 PM

Lots of stuff can ship in to CA... Just not the race use only tuners, which haven't passed CARB testing yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 06-22-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Lots of stuff can ship in to CA... Just not the race use only tuners, which haven't passed CARB testing yet.
AND meth injection kits apparently... the one thing to easily negate CA 91 piss gas and I'm told no! So bummed.

Last edited by JBoe; 06-23-2018 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: Stupid autocorrect
(#25)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 06-23-2018, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
AND meth injection kits apparently... the one thing to easily negate CA 91 post has and I'm told no! So bummed.
lots of ways around that

- BMW 535i - Sport - Sport Auto - JB4 G5 ISO - DCI - BMS E85 BackEnd via MHD - 19in M6 Wheels -

- Suzuki GSX-R750 - Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust - Mirror Block-Offs - WoodCraft RearSets - Yoshimura Frame Sliders -