N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2016, 05:38 PM

You just order the JB4 beta upgrade kit on the site and send back the Stage2 along with the Stage2 purchase receipt for the refund. The free upgrade applies to original purchasers only.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old

Car: 550i
Default 08-10-2016, 06:00 PM

Understood, thanks. So I keep the stage 1 and order this.

N63 2013 and earlier stage1->JB4 upgrade kit

Once I send back the Stage 2 kit with my original receipt, I get the full refund.
(#103)
Old

Default 08-19-2016, 05:54 AM

Where do I ship back the old board with the receipt? The address below?

Burger Motorsports, Inc.
2235 First Street, Suite 122
Simi Valley, California 93065 USA
(#104)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2016, 08:01 AM

Correct.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#105)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 550i
Default 08-21-2016, 03:46 PM

Is there any update to the firmware ? I cannot get the fuel boost gauge to work at all.
(#106)
Old

Default 08-22-2016, 08:39 AM

Has anyone had any long term issues running Map 2 without other mods? In my Audi Stage 2 required a down pipe, but I have not installed anything for the N63 and have not seen any issues over the last few months (yet.) Anyone in the same shoes? I noticed the dyno was done with just the tune, so I figured it would be ok...
(#107)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-22-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricojorge
Is there any update to the firmware ? I cannot get the fuel boost gauge to work at all.
If you need help with BETA firmware you'll have to email in.

Burger Motorsports

(#108)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 550i
Default 08-23-2016, 07:10 AM

I know 90% of USA doesnt use Cruise Control lol, but I actually use it alot, I notice when the JB4 is on, either my CC cuts off after 10 seconds, or worst, I start to get Drivetrain Malfs and chassi stability, the car has to come to a halt and then goes away with just a restart. This is dangerous as hell because usually i'm in the left lane going quick.

However when I turn the JB4 off (map 0) the CC seems to work just fine, havent tested it on long distance tho.

Does anyone else have this issue or similar ?
(#109)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2016, 08:42 AM

Not encountered that. Recreate the issue and record it in a JB4 log, uncheck "log WOT only" to log cruise. And read the actual fault codes. Email in the log and the fault codes and we can check it out.

As a test make sure you have disabled auto-clear mode. Menu4 should be set to 0. I could see that interfering with cruise.

Burger Motorsports

(#110)
Old

Car: E90 N54 6MT
Default 08-25-2016, 12:31 AM

Regarding upgraded turbos, will the jb4 be able to utilize the increased abilities? Or does that require a flash type tune?
(#111)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2016, 08:26 AM

Normally need both for larger turbos. We'll have to add 3.5bar TMAP support to the JB4 also soon. The factory sensors are limited to around 20psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#112)
Old

Default 08-25-2016, 09:03 AM

Has anyone seen any long term issues using the beta tune map 2 on an otherwise stock car? Is it better to switch to map 1 without bolt ons? One thing I noticed is a ticking sound under the hood on the driver's side. Maybe it was there before, but was not as noticeable.
(#113)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 550xi
Default 08-26-2016, 07:16 PM

Hey Terry,

I have a stage 2 installed right now on my 2012 550xi. I just have a few questions. I'm looking to order the "Full N63 JB4 BETA Kit".

1. How do I go about returning my stage 2 for a credit? What are the steps?(I did purchase it online from your site)

2. Do I just buy the "Full N63 JB4 BETA Kit" and there will be some sort of return label to send my old stage 2 in?

3. Do I need the "BCM module" I never run E85. I usually just run 100 octane unleaded when using max aggressive setting.
(#114)
Old
Senior Lurker

Car: E90 335i Black/Black
Default 08-27-2016, 07:18 PM

Say for instance I only have 91 oct available to me and I'd like to run Stage 2 with the JB4 beta. Few questions:

1. Is there a power difference between old stage 2 and JB4 Beta Stage 2?
a. Is the OBD connection providing a power increase or just more features?

2. With 91 octane, can I run map 2?

3. Anyone hook this up to an X5 yet?

I could maybe throw octane booster in every once in a while but sadly the nearest E85 station to me is 20 miles away. Trying to a get realistic idea on what I can do with 91 oct. Thanks!!

2013 E70 X5 xdrive50i
2007 E90 335i - SOLD
(#115)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2016, 07:55 PM

For 91 octane I'd stay on map1, at least to start. We'll have to evaluate map2 on 91 octane.

The JB4+BCM is stronger than the old Stage2.

Burger Motorsports

(#116)
Old

Default 08-27-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricojorge
I know 90% of USA doesnt use Cruise Control lol, but I actually use it alot, I notice when the JB4 is on, either my CC cuts off after 10 seconds, or worst, I start to get Drivetrain Malfs and chassi stability, the car has to come to a halt and then goes away with just a restart. This is dangerous as hell because usually i'm in the left lane going quick.

However when I turn the JB4 off (map 0) the CC seems to work just fine, havent tested it on long distance tho.

Does anyone else have this issue or similar ?
I'm glad I read this a couple of days ago. Exact same thing happened to me about 80 miles from home today. Turned on the CC and about 30 seconds later "Drivetrain Malfunction" and "Stability Control" popped up.

I pulled over, contemplating switching to 0, but then I remembered that someone else had a similar issue in here. Restarted under map 2, drove the rest of the way home without any issues, and not using CC.

Aside from the JB4 Beta with map 2, I'm totally stock. I've been running it for a week without any issues up until when I turned on CC for the first time.
(#117)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2016, 09:24 PM

For the cruise control issue, did you go to menu4 and ensure it's been set to 0?

Burger Motorsports

(#118)
Old

Default 08-27-2016, 10:30 PM

I did not. Is it supposed to be at 0? I noticed it's on 1 in the video...

Last edited by 540i2550i; 08-27-2016 at 10:35 PM..
(#119)
Old

Car: 2011 750Li, 2015 M5
Default 08-28-2016, 02:43 PM

Terry......what is the stock boost level of the N63? How much can you increase the boost with JB4/BCM on a 91 and E85 mix?
(#120)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2016, 05:10 PM

Boost will vary from 8 to 11psi stock, from what I've seen. We've run it as high as 20psi so far but it's a bit sketchy on fueling with E30. 18psi might be as high as we can safely go. We're currently evaluating it so keep those E85 logs coming in.

Burger Motorsports

(#121)
Old

Default 08-28-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For the cruise control issue, did you go to menu4 and ensure it's been set to 0?
I checked this morning and it looks like aside from Map 2 under Menu 0, all the other menu selections are set to 0. Does that sound right? Is that how they usually come "from factory"?
(#122)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2016, 05:24 PM

Menu4 is the one to verify its set to 0. If so then that cruise issue remains a mystery. I'm sure we'll sort it out sooner or later.

Burger Motorsports

(#123)
Old

Default 08-28-2016, 06:02 PM

Hi, yes it was set to 0. As far as the other 6 menu options (aside from Map 2 on menu 0), are they all to be at 0 as well? The video on the first page looked a little different, but that could be due to other mods?

Last edited by 540i2550i; 08-28-2016 at 06:25 PM..
(#124)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2016, 08:04 PM

The wheel control options are listed in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#125)
Old

Default 08-29-2016, 07:18 AM

Sorry, maybe I should rephrase my question. When I looked at the video, I saw that his menu selections were different from mine.

Is it recommended that we change those to match his, or leave them like they came (0 for everything except for menu 0, which is updated to the Map # 2 in my case)

Are Menu selections 2-7 (1 having no impact) to be updated as well to match the video, or can this vary from user to user? I guess 5, 6 and 7 are the ones that had the biggest differences? Should these all be 0?

'5 1st gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'6 2nd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'7 3rd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)

Last edited by 540i2550i; 08-29-2016 at 07:40 AM..