N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1176)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2015, 09:10 AM

We don't maintain change logs for the OBDII firmware yet.

The gear blink should occur on a cycle if you've left auto clear enabled. That is mode 4/1.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1177)
Old

Car: M3
Default 07-30-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We don't maintain change logs for the OBDII firmware yet.

The gear blink should occur on a cycle if you've left auto clear enabled. That is mode 4/1.
This is required for ********* tho right? I am about to add **.

Without a changelog is it worth me upgrading at this point?
(#1178)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2015, 09:21 AM

Auto clear mode is normally enabled for competition race use only exhaust parts.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1179)
Old

Car: E90 335i N54
Default OBD2 code - 07-30-2015, 09:25 PM

When I connect other apparatuses to OBD2 cord and use it together, JB4 does not work.
What should I do to use the additional connector?
(#1180)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2015, 09:28 PM

That is by design. The JB4 needs full bandwidth to function. Sorry!

Burger Motorsports

(#1181)
Old

Car: E90 335i N54
Default 07-30-2015, 09:38 PM

Tkank you.
(#1182)
Old

Car: M4
Default 08-01-2015, 06:42 PM

FYI Terry. This only started to happen after I switched over to the OBDII port, but I'm getting the drivetrain malfunction when using map 6. If I run any other map it doesn't happen. I know you were working some bugs out with the latest update. Thanks
(#1183)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2015, 06:48 PM

Read the code. If it's an EWG related fault that was fixed up in the latest version.

Burger Motorsports

(#1184)
Old

Car: M4
Default 08-02-2015, 08:29 PM

P1284 switching solenoid for air assisted injection valves bank 1 control circuit signal low. I spent some time and switched it back to can and it didn't happen. Back to OBDII and it's there again. Mostly happens if you're holding a gear at over 4k for a few seconds before you roll into the throttle. And only map 6.
(#1185)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2015, 08:55 PM

You have to read them via the JB4 interface not an OBDII tool. They are six digits long. But if you can recreate it on demand then capture it coming up in a JB4 CSV log and email that in. Will be helpful in correcting it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1186)
Old

Default 08-03-2015, 07:14 PM

Hey Terry. Map 0 is pure stock passthrough correct? Tom @ EAS is saying it still increases boost.
(#1187)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2015, 07:25 PM

Map 0 is a pass through. I'm not sure Tom @ EAS knows much about the JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#1188)
Old

Default 08-03-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Map 0 is a pass through. I'm not sure Tom @ EAS knows much about the JB4.
Not a lot it seems but he sure likes to smack talk it. But just as I suspected he was wrong again.
(#1189)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 08-08-2015, 06:01 PM

Jesus
(#1190)
Old

Car: BMW M4 RHD
Default 08-16-2015, 12:37 PM

Hi terry , I want to ask what is this about? Do I need to care ?
(#1191)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2015, 01:06 PM

If you need tech support for faults just email in.

Burger Motorsports

(#1192)
Old

Car: BMW M4 (F82)
Default 08-16-2015, 02:40 PM

Hi Terry, could you please confirm the email to send logs to?

Also, when I am trying to download the latest firmware, it is saving it as a .php file instead of a .hex. There is no option to save as a hex, will this be ok. The firmware version in the interface is not showing correctly but it does upload the firmware and all seems to work ok?
(#1193)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 08-16-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promotechme

Also, when I am trying to download the latest firmware, it is saving it as a .php file instead of a .hex. There is no option to save as a hex, will this be ok. The firmware version in the interface is not showing correctly but it does upload the firmware and all seems to work ok?
You have to save the file and then change the properties of the file to .hex. This can be done by right clicking the file, hitting properties and there should be a row where you can change it. It will warn you that this will change the structure of the file but press okay anyway.
(#1194)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promotechme

The tech support email address is on our contact us page. Or post logs and support requests to the support area of this forum.

If your browser renames the firmware just name it back.

Burger Motorsports

(#1195)
Old

Car: 15 M4 6MT
Default 08-21-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
The FF connector is suggested for anything more than map 1 regardless of fuel used.
Hey - I'm gonna install the JB4 this afternoon.

This statement above threw me. Just need clarification/confirmation.
I am only interested in running Map 0; Map 1 and Map 2.

Mostly Map 2 though. I have daily access to 93 & 94 Octane and I have down *****, on the stock muffler.

I thought I was good to go, just hooking up the OBDII, TMAP & MAP.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.
(#1196)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I hate picking user names

Mostly Map 2 though. I have daily access to 93 & 94 Octane and I have down *****, on the stock muffler.

I would hook up the fuel connector. I used to run map 2 without it and while I didn't have issues seems much smoother with it. I didnt have ********* at that point tho.
(#1197)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I hate picking user names

We suggest the fuel connector but its not necessarily required. It depends son your climate and DME version. If you don't install it and notice sputtering at higher RPM, on map 2, you'll at least know why.

Burger Motorsports

(#1198)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
We suggest the fuel connector but its not necessarily required. It depends son your climate and DME version. If you don't install it and notice sputtering at higher RPM, on map 2, you'll at least know why.
What is the best DME version to have if thats possible to determine? How can you get your version?
(#1199)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2015, 09:31 PM

Who knows or cares as you can't change it. And with the fuel connector installed it doesn't matter.

Burger Motorsports

(#1200)
Old
Legend

Car: 07-335i
Default 08-23-2015, 03:43 PM

Terry can you update the OBD Menu selection to make things more clear. Both for myself and my customers.

'0 map menu, map shown on tach (TACH shows Map)
'1 Active Sound MUTE (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'2 Boost gauge on fuel, scaling in dash is 0 to boost safety setting, turns on when gas pedal is pressed 50% or more and turns itself off when you resume low throttle use. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'3 LED MAX brightness mode. For those with factory LED headlights this option brightens HALO during nighttime operation. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'4 OBDII Diagnostic Code Delete (Not sure on Menu's Here)
'5 1st gear boost limiter What do the values on Tach mean
'6 2nd gear boost limiter What do the values on Tach mean
'7 3rd gear boost limiter What do the values on Tach mean

www.n54tuning.com

Last edited by Mike@N54Tuning.com; 08-23-2015 at 03:50 PM..