N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1126)
Old

Car: 201 5M3
Default 07-10-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geared
nice name....like my license plate?

That's funny! I have had Loboost for many years.

I used to have a TTX Z06 vette and a 838hp APS twin turbo Pontiac GTO and did lots of roll racing back in the day here in Vegas with Supras, turbo vipers etc, maybe you have seen some of the videos?

Nice Supra and vette!
(#1127)
Old

Car: F80 m3
Default 07-10-2015, 11:12 PM

Just wondering if you never use E85 and are running 100 octane race fuel, do you even have to connect flex fuel wire? Can you run map 2 or e enjoy map 6 without ff?
(#1128)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2015, 12:43 PM

The FF connector is suggested for anything more than map 1 regardless of fuel used.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1129)
Old

Car: F80 m3
Default 07-12-2015, 06:03 PM

Ok that is good to know. I will have to connect. My trims have looked fine without it as I had no idea so will go hook that up tonight. I am surprised thought the stock trims wont keep up without the ff
(#1130)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 07-14-2015, 11:07 AM

Just installed the JB4. I'm gettin an occasional "drivetrain malfunction" warning. Everytime it happens I shut the car off and restart. It always happens right after start, and never while I am driving. I checked all the connections again and they all look good. Any ideas?
(#1131)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-14-2015, 05:18 PM

So EWG 3.13 file is for Positap connected JB4?

I have my obdII upgrade on order. Can i use the latest JB4 Interface with the Positap firmware/maps?

Thanks.
(#1132)
Old

Default 07-16-2015, 07:24 AM

Any ideas for my issue two posts above?
(#1133)
Old

Car: 15 M3
Default 07-16-2015, 07:34 AM

What map/ fuel?
(#1134)
Old

Default 07-16-2015, 07:39 AM

map 0 for now till I figure this out. 93 octane.
(#1135)
Old

Car: 15 M3
Default 07-16-2015, 07:41 AM

And you're still getting the drivetrain malfunction? The only time I've gotten it was in map 6 with a very aggressive map running ms109 mixed with e85 or in map 7 on the same fuel. Both times were at a half mile event.

I'm sure T will chime in but I map 0 is the JB4 off, if you still get it I don't think it's the JB.
(#1136)
Old

Default 07-16-2015, 08:39 AM

Right. I don't think there is anything wrong with the JB, just perhaps something I am overlooking or have missed. It is related to the installation since it did it first thing after hooking up and cranking.
(#1137)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkusyambo
Just installed the JB4. I'm gettin an occasional "drivetrain malfunction" warning. Everytime it happens I shut the car off and restart. It always happens right after start, and never while I am driving. I checked all the connections again and they all look good. Any ideas?
Read the faults via the JB4 interface but might be a firmware bug on the EWG connectors.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1138)
Old

Default 07-16-2015, 09:55 AM

20A201 No description found
(#1139)
Old

Default 07-16-2015, 10:40 AM

Updated the interface, drivers, and firmware. Same thing. Don't know if I mentioned this before, but the yellow warning triangle always disappears after 2 min and the car drives fine. You think it will stop if I hook up the egg and fuel connectors, even though I don't plan on ever using anything above map 2?
(#1140)
Old

Car: M4
Cool 07-16-2015, 05:28 PM

So i'm using OBDII 1.5. I watched the video on the gauge setup and then limited the boost in first and second. But mine is doing the opposite of what the video says. If I set up 2nd gear on the tach to 3k rpm and then connect to the laptop the Max Boost 2nd says 9.0 psi. And it follows respectively, 4k = 12.psi, up to 8k = 24psi. Looks like a multiplier of 3x. Is the value showing in the user adjustment screen supposed to be maximum boost or the boost reduced?

I logged a run and what it says as Max boost was what it hit. So is the video incorrect (backwards) and the higher the tach setting goes the more boost it makes? Seems how it's working for me.
(#1141)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2015, 07:18 PM

Video must be out of date. It just scales it down 3x to display it in dash. If you change the setting in dash and then check again in the laptop, it will make more sense.

Burger Motorsports

(#1142)
Old

Red face 07-17-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Got the MOLEX OBDII cables in. They came out nicely. You'll need a crimper tool to attach the MOLEX connector to your JB4 CANbus wires but once done it's a simple PNP setup. We'll get these on the site as well shortly.
Hi Terry.
Just ordered one of the MOLEX Versions via one of your resellers. Which special Tool do I need or did you already connect the cables when ordered MOLEX from factory?

Best

335i N55 DCT
(#1143)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2015, 11:19 AM

We've not shipped any new JB4s with the Molex included yet. Those updated JB4 harnesses won't be in for a couple weeks. Maybe your reseller just ordered the OBDII add on and intends to crimp it on for you or asked us to do it for him.

Burger Motorsports

(#1144)
Old

Car: BMW M4 RHD
Default 07-17-2015, 12:10 PM

Hi terry , is it the function that I enable max halo light ?

this happen after I turn off engine then locked the door, angel eye light remain , after few second light off , " eyebrows" turn on again .... After few more seconds , eyebrow light turn off ...

I also tried if I turn off engine , and I wait angel eyes off first , then I lock the door .. Eyebrows light won't come ...
Attached Images

(#1145)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-17-2015, 04:06 PM

if i decide to pump straight 100 octane and don't have the EWG sensors plugged in, would I make more power on map 2 or map 7? My car also has *********.
(#1146)
Old

Default 07-17-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
We've not shipped any new JB4s with the Molex included yet. Those updated JB4 harnesses won't be in for a couple weeks. Maybe your reseller just ordered the OBDII add on and intends to crimp it on for you or asked us to do it for him.
Just ordered @ around 6am your time.
Shipped to my address in Germany.
Would be nice if you could crimp it for me?

He ordered the following:
1x 2015+ M3/M4 S55 JB4 BETA*(MOLEX Version)

1x E Series N55 JB4 (Version B)

1x F Series N55 JB4 (EWG Version)

3x USB Cable

335i N55 DCT
(#1147)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2015, 05:38 PM

OK. I don't normally see orders, but if there was a request made, it will be held until someone looks at it. So worry not.

Burger Motorsports

(#1148)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 07-17-2015, 07:08 PM

Does the JB4 for the F8x ship default Map 1?
is the only way to upgrade the firmware to latest version using the BMS Data Cable?
Is there a link on how to map switch if you dont have the OBD2 connected ?
TIA
(#1149)
Old

Default 07-17-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
OK. I don't normally see orders, but if there was a request made, it will be held until someone looks at it. So worry not.
Thank you Terry :-)

335i N55 DCT
(#1150)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
Does the JB4 for the F8x ship default Map 1?
is the only way to upgrade the firmware to latest version using the BMS Data Cable?
Is there a link on how to map switch if you dont have the OBD2 connected ?
TIA
Yes, map 1 by default. The old method used the volume control (presuming Stage2 CANbus wires installed). The process is the same as the N55 JB4 so you can check that video out.

Burger Motorsports