N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1051)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2015, 02:52 PM

1st gear with a DCT car is hit or miss on the stock tuning. Just shift it in to 2nd when it starts acting up.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1052)
Old
Legend

Car: 07-335i
Default 06-08-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
1st gear with a DCT car is hit or miss on the stock tuning. Just shift it in to 2nd when it starts acting up.
+1

Sometimes its jerk city.. Very odd.

Mike

www.n54tuning.com

(#1053)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2015, 03:24 PM

It gets worse with the Dodson clutch packs too. I notice it most if trying to accelerate from 5-10mph with it in 1st gear. It's just a common DCT "shortcoming".

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1054)
Old

Car: F80
Default 06-08-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
+1

Sometimes its jerk city.. Very odd.

Mike

I noticed it is really jerky when everything is in sports +. I thought maybe I was missing something. I have the DCT but was driving in manual mode and it is really jerk in manual mode compared to auto.
(#1055)
Old

Car: f80
Default 06-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Is it not a reduction anymore ? I had it set at 8psi thinking it was still an 8 psi reduction

Edit: just read you changed it to max boost in those gears. No wonder the car didn't feel like it was going to break loose at all. Actually felt faster because I was able to put the power down and not spin. I'll try 15/18

Last edited by gtrsam; 06-08-2015 at 05:39 PM..
(#1056)
Old

Car: 328i
Default Grip? - 06-09-2015, 10:51 AM

I know this isn't the tires forum, but I am getting new summer tires and want the advice of fellow M3/4 owners. I am looking at either the new bridgestone RE 71-Rs, or S04s for a cheaper option. I need grip and only need the tires to last till winter when I will put the all-seasons back on.

Any input on wider than stock widths that fit stock rims would also be appreciated.
(#1057)
Old

Car: F80
Default 06-12-2015, 12:18 PM

Terry is it ok to run Map 2 on 93 octane with stock *** and exhaust? I have the fuel sensor connected but not the EWGs.
The car is running really good on Map 2 without issues.

Last edited by Taimur; 06-12-2015 at 12:23 PM..
(#1058)
Old

Car: 550i
Default 06-12-2015, 04:03 PM

Terry,
I dyno'd last week and did map 0,1 on 94 with MPerfExhaust. Then put akra *** in and ran map1 and tried map 2. Map 2, had less power (about the level of complete stock). I didn't have a check engine light at all so I didn't mess with Future Use D.
Note on 94 with and without the Akra, the JB4 in map 1 did well, very good power and smooth.

I have the ODB2 plugged in and wired up and the other 3 plugs but not the 2 EWGs.

Issue 1:
I couldn't get logging to work or I wasn't doing something right. At the time I had firmware 310 which is what it shipped with when Ando shipped it to me 2 weeks ago. I got connected but RPM box never read anything but zero. other items moved around a bit like ecu PSI. I did data logging "start" and then when done I did Stop and display and nothing showed up in the graph. This is the latest version of JB4 as downloaded right before your DB/site change a week ago. I can switch between maps.

When on the dyno I didn't want to have the DCT kickdown so I only pushed the throttle to the stop before the kickdown. Should I have pushed the pedal all the way to the floor past the kickdown notch? I was in sport+ with DSC off.

Issue 2:
I put in regular 92 today and within 5 minutes I got a check engine. (I had 1/2 gallon of 92+2torco left). I plugged in my laptop, set the Future Use D to 90, saved. Light still on. Checked/cleared codes. got No codes in return. Restarted JB4 software, turned off/on car. still engine light. I have started/stopped car and restarted jb4 software a few times. still have the light on.

I even just put on v313 firmware, still have engine light. Also still don't see rpm box move at all.

Issue 3: (after firmware 3.13)
I tried the pushing the volume down for 5 seconds. nothing moves in the dash. meaning the setting (like mpg or miles left) stays where it is at and doesn't shift. So I tried the top button on the turn signal stock for 5 seconds and no arrow flash or anything to signify I can control the JB4. Note I have the ODB2 plugged into the factory ODB2 and it runs through the firewall and wires up green/green brown/brown wires that go to the JB4.

tks
(#1059)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2015, 04:28 PM

If using OBDII you need the OBDII firmware. That sounds like the entire issue.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30236

Burger Motorsports

(#1060)
Old

Default 06-12-2015, 05:41 PM

Terry on map 6 rhe car throws a drive train malfunction . It's only when starting rhe *** on map 6. If I start on map2 and then change it while the car is still running it works
(#1061)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2015, 06:00 PM

Yes, I know what the map 6 issue is. It's been fixed. Are you using the _3 firmware in the first post?

Burger Motorsports

(#1062)
Old

Default 06-13-2015, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If using OBDII you need the OBDII firmware. That sounds like the entire issue.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30236
It was the entire issue. Funny the two engine codes were for the two akra pieces of course. Future state works like a champ so far. code clearing, etc. Steering wheel works.

I tried to do some runs but the cement road was uneven and lost traction. So I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Dyno, ms109, map 7. Might plug the EWG wires in, I haven't decided. With 94 octane it did 470/468 on a dynojet with map1 (and akra ***)
(#1063)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 06-13-2015, 01:08 AM

Hey T, any ideas when a charge pipe with meth bungs may be coming out? Better yet, can you guys make another one like the N55? :D
(#1064)
Old

Default 06-13-2015, 08:16 AM

Hi yes using the v1.3 so I was curious why it was still doing it.
(#1065)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2015, 10:33 AM

OK email me I may not have posted that fix yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#1066)
Old

Default 06-13-2015, 07:05 PM

Terry,

I have the JB4 with the ODB2. Can I unplug the ODB2 plug and tuck it under the dash and will the car still run on map 0 with the futurestate 90 still working? (I have akra ***).

I got a failure with my SOS button and need to take it in. My assumption is they will need to plug into the ODB2.
(#1067)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2015, 07:17 PM

If you unplug it all canbus features disable. So it can't clear codes then.

Burger Motorsports

(#1068)
Old

Default 06-14-2015, 12:55 AM

Terry, thanks for the quick response. the SOS system has a partial failure or triggered an error that seemed to happen after I unplugged the battery and back in again when installing the JB4. It doesn't come up as a code to read using the JB4 software. I am unsure if I should be concerned taking it in as is (jb4 installed fairly cleanly) with Akra *** or do I gotta remove the JB4 and the *** (cause they'll cause a fault without the JB4). The ODB2 addon piece with the JB4 would probably be noticed by the techs if they use it to diag the SOS button issue.

Thoughts?
(#1069)
Old

Car: F80 m3
Default 06-14-2015, 04:26 PM

Can someone tell me where the newest firmware hex files are located for the OBD Canbus JB4 I just installed? And also if there is different software that needs to be downloaded than the regular one?
(#1070)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2015, 04:31 PM

For those using the new OBDII CANbus system your firmware and map switching directions are posted here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30236

Burger Motorsports

(#1071)
Old

Default 06-14-2015, 04:44 PM

When I go to save the file on my PC, it is trying to save it as a PHP file? Do I just open it directly with the JB4 app and not save it?
(#1072)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2015, 05:16 PM

Rename to .HEX or use another browser.

Burger Motorsports

(#1073)
Old

Default 06-14-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingthedream
When I go to save the file on my PC, it is trying to save it as a PHP file? Do I just open it directly with the JB4 app and not save it?
In IE because of the way the site is setup, the file shows as a .php file. You have to save the file with a .hex extension. I just copied the full name of the file, the clicked it, save as, and changed the name to what I copied (the correct full name with a .hex extension).

Chrome browser should save as the correct extension from my understanding.
(#1074)
Old

Default 06-14-2015, 10:37 PM

Yes chrome did the trick! Thanks, and firmware is updated.
(#1075)
Old

Car: M4
Default 06-16-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvous
Terry, thanks for the quick response. the SOS system has a partial failure or triggered an error that seemed to happen after I unplugged the battery and back in again when installing the JB4. It doesn't come up as a code to read using the JB4 software. I am unsure if I should be concerned taking it in as is (jb4 installed fairly cleanly) with Akra *** or do I gotta remove the JB4 and the *** (cause they'll cause a fault without the JB4). The ODB2 addon piece with the JB4 would probably be noticed by the techs if they use it to diag the SOS button issue.

Thoughts?
+1. I am on the same boat.