N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#826)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 03-16-2015, 03:12 PM

am I missing something I do not see a wire diagram or install instructions for the meth kit for s55. any help?

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#827)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2015, 03:48 PM

It installs per the N55 guide. But, there are a few M3 specific photos here:

http://forums.n54tech.com/showpost.p...&postcount=677

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#828)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default Stage 3 w/latest firmware - 03-19-2015, 08:22 AM

Terry,

Just installed latest firmware and I am running stage 3 map 7 on an E30 mix with no issues whatsoever. Love it. During the 3.11 firmware install it gave me the EWG software warning which I proceeded to over ride and install anyway. Have not had a chance to run the car since the update, but do I need stage 3 specific firmware, or am I good? BTW, can flap control on the wheel is awesome (I do not have auto headlight option, so keeping it on the steering wheel talk button works fine).
(#829)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2015, 08:25 AM

Update your JB4 interface it's just out of date.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#830)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 03-26-2015, 11:31 PM

Terry, a few questions...

I just order JB4 thru your site.
I am getting dynod right after i install it

1) can i run 100 octane on map 1 and 2?
2) do i need any mods to run map 7 (100octane) other than stage 3?
(#831)
Old

Car: 2015 M4
Default 03-27-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS55

it is recommended to install stage 3 if u want to run high octane or e85 mix...but u should also slow break it in doing a full gradual WOT
(#832)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS55

As long as you have octane via racing fuel, no mods are needed for any of the maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#833)
Old

Default 03-29-2015, 09:49 AM

Terry, I installed stage 1 last night. The steering wheel map controls werent working but rather i had to use my laptop and jb4 interface to select maps. Is it because I haven't connected canbus?
(#834)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2015, 09:50 AM

Exactly. Without CANbus, only maps 0 or 1 can be used as well. Maps 2+ require CANbus. As does map changing.

Burger Motorsports

(#835)
Old

Default 03-29-2015, 06:26 PM

Running into a problem Terry, I have just stage 1 installed. I have a 6mt. When going wot,. It stutters when I get to 6800rpm in 4rd gear, 4/5 times. And also the same at 6k rpm in 4th gear. Any idea?
(#836)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2015, 07:17 PM

It could be a fuel trim issue. Grab a BMS DATA cable and then email me, and I can help you with a custom map, as a test.

Burger Motorsports

(#837)
Old

Default 03-30-2015, 12:49 AM

Hello,

yesterday i tried to install my jb4. I had some questions about the electronic wastegate connectors. In the Installation Manual they say nothing about them. In the first picture of the installation manual you see them connected together. Is this what i have to do with them when i wanna use stage 2?

Best regards
(#838)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M3
Default Stick? - 03-30-2015, 01:30 AM

This JB4 Beta work for stick shift F80's or just DCT ones?
(#839)
Old

Car: 328i
Default YES - 03-30-2015, 07:04 AM

I installed stage 1 this weekend. It is amazing. Stock drivability, no clutch slipping, no CELs, and a noticeable improvement in performance.

Was still able to get 30 mpg during my weekend commute on I95, and that included a few wot "bursts" to get free of traffic.

I just wanted to say thank you to Terry and the gang at Burger.

Last edited by morkusyambo; 03-30-2015 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: spelling
(#840)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexx0721
This JB4 Beta work for stick shift F80's or just DCT ones?
Manual and DCTs are both fully supported.

Burger Motorsports

(#841)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achi 3.0
Hello,

yesterday i tried to install my jb4. I had some questions about the electronic wastegate connectors. In the Installation Manual they say nothing about them. In the first picture of the installation manual you see them connected together. Is this what i have to do with them when i wanna use stage 2?

Best regards
If not used they should be plugged in to each other (so the connectors are fully sealed) and tucked out of the way.

Burger Motorsports

(#842)
Old

Default 03-30-2015, 12:31 PM

Hi Terry,

thx for the quick answer. Is it ok to run the Map 7 with a Full eisenmann exhaust? That means without the secondary cats! And with Europe 100 octan fuel. I don't know If it is the Same like in the USA because i think your 93+ is our 98 octan fuel.

Best regards
(#843)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2015, 01:25 PM

You'd have to datalog it to see. With good 100 RON map 7 may work but map 2 might still be faster.

Burger Motorsports

(#844)
Old

Default 03-30-2015, 01:35 PM

Hm what do you think. I should test it or not because if map2 might be faster i would not do the work to connect the connectors for map7.

What could i do to get more power? I use only the Aral 102 RON fuel.

Best regards
(#845)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2015, 01:40 PM

You will need to do datalogs on both maps to evaluate what works best for your unique fuel and exhaust situation. It's not something you can determine via speculation.

Burger Motorsports

(#846)
Old

Default 03-30-2015, 01:55 PM

Ok Thank you very much.

I saw a Dyno Thread in bimmerpost where they had 550whp with *********. I don't remember with which fuel that was. I had my ********* here but not inatalled.

But for that i will first have to install the other conectors. I hope i find the right conectors because in the Installation Manual you cant see very good where the conectors are located.

Maybee someone have more Details pictures of Installation.
(#847)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2015, 01:58 PM

If you wind up needing help just email in to tech support. It's pretty hard to miss where the connectors go.

Burger Motorsports

(#848)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 03-31-2015, 10:55 AM

Hi Terry,
possible send me file for pure turbo because i sent you the email a couple of days ago?
(#849)
Old

Default 04-03-2015, 01:23 AM

Hi Terry,

do you think that i would feel more power when i install the ******* ********* and run still the Map 2??

I have some eisenmann **'s here but i don't know if i install them or not.

Best regards
(#850)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed
Hi Terry,
possible send me file for pure turbo because i sent you the email a couple of days ago?
Email me again, it must have gone to my SPAM or something.

Burger Motorsports