N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3476)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 01-12-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V@pors
I am new to this forum. I have a lot to learn. Here is my first log from a quick 0-100-ish pull I did. I am running a '17 Q60 RS AWD with AMS CAI & H/E, Fast Intentions catted FDP's, and an HKS Legamax exhaust with caps on. This is on map 6, which my installer set to 7 PSI over stock at the 5500-7000 RPM range, 5 PSI over stock below that. However, I DO live at an altitude of about 5,000 feet. Would be interested, like RandyNester above, if this is too aggressive? The last thing I want to do is damage my car.

Pre-install, car pulled 360 WHP and 391 ft/lbs WTQ
Post-Install/Tune pulled 406 WHP and 485 ft/lbs WTQ

I too had problems updating my JB4. Even though the ignition was on, the "writing" process failed many times. . . . I was eventually able to complete the update but not before it killed my battery leaving the ignition on so long.

Last comment/question; My JB4 does not show the gear my car is in. Is this normal for the VR30DDTT platform?

Great information on here and a great forum. Looking forward to your comments!
The map5 log looks good. What is interesting to see is how the altitude of 5K feet affects boost requested by the ECU and also target boost requested by the JB4. Looks like you're hitting a maximum of 9.9psi ECU and 14.5psi actual. A turbocharger at higher elevations has to work harder than at sea level so I'm not surprised to see the lower boost pressures especially on a RS with optical sensors.
(#3477)
Old

Default 01-12-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
I ordered some solderless wire t taps from Amazon for quick disconnects. I donít have the fuel cables but Iím just preparing.
I'd like to do the same, but would like to know if the added resistance of a quick connector would have a negative effect on readings/tune.
(#3478)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
I ordered some solderless wire t taps from Amazon for quick disconnects. I donít have the fuel cables but Iím just preparing.
I would only suggest using the posi-taps we include with the fuel wires kit and featured in the video.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3479)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Default 01-12-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourg63
The map5 log looks good. What is interesting to see is how the altitude of 5K feet affects boost requested by the ECU and also target boost requested by the JB4. Looks like you're hitting a maximum of 9.9psi ECU and 14.5psi actual. A turbocharger at higher elevations has to work harder than at sea level so I'm not surprised to see the lower boost pressures especially on a RS with optical sensors.
So, is it possible to set my Map 6 to 9-10 PSI over stock for a target actual of ~18 PSI (the max efficiency of the turbos)?

Thanks for looking at my log. I could repeat another log with higher Map 6 pressures if you would like.

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro
(#3480)
Old

Default 01-12-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
So, is it possible to set my Map 6 to 9-10 PSI over stock for a target actual of ~18 PSI (the max efficiency of the turbos)?

Thanks for looking at my log. I could repeat another log with higher Map 6 pressures if you would like.
I wouldn't try to push 18psi right away and do incremental changes instead. At your elevation our turbochargers need to spin 5-10 percent faster to achieve required boost therefore putting them out of efficiency much sooner. Your supporting mods should make hitting your target easier though so take baby steps and look at the logs paying close attention to AFR and timing. Please post your map6 log for us to dissect.

Also, if the best fuel you can get is 91 octane, that will make a huge impact on whether or not you can hit your goal.
(#3481)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:

No there are limits to how much boost can be added over stock due to WGDC limiters within the ECU we don't remove or raise. When talking about "max efficiency" you'd have to consider not just the boost but the boost at the CFM, so 18psi may work down low but may be way too much up top, for example.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3482)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS 400
Default Fuel Wire Kit - 01-12-2019, 07:53 PM

2018 RS and would love to get the fuel wire kit to add to my JB4 setup. Do you know when you will have these available?
(#3483)
Old

Default 01-12-2019, 08:15 PM

2019 RS here as well waiting for that fuel kit... constantly looking for that release date
(#3484)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 01-12-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I would only suggest using the posi-taps we include with the fuel wires kit and featured in the video.
Ah my bad. Terry, please delete the three posts related to my connectors. I donít want to introduce any confusion and just stick with what is in the kit. Thanks.
(#3485)
Old

Car: Q60 3.0 405hp
Default 01-13-2019, 07:12 AM

Terry @ BMS, when you sell fuel kit?
(#3486)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherk947
2018 RS and would love to get the fuel wire kit to add to my JB4 setup. Do you know when you will have these available?
We sent out a handful of kits for testing, once we know it's working well we'll open it up to everyone. Maybe another week or so?

Burger Motorsports

(#3487)
Old

Default 01-13-2019, 11:24 AM

Terry just out of curiosity when you do the mix of E85 and 91 octane do you still add the octane booster?
(#3488)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 01-13-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_Q50RS
Terry just out of curiosity when you do the mix of E85 and 91 octane do you still add the octane booster?
As E85ís ethanol level changes station to station and season to season; it is recommended to check your E85 pumpís ethanol levels periodically. I use the following calculator to determine approximately how much of premium (93 here in NTX) & E85 I need to get to an E30 blend.

Calculate Ethanol % of Mixture

If I do not have access to E85 - I have been known to use an octane booster with MMT (NOS Racing Formula) with good results.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#3489)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS 400
Default 01-13-2019, 04:19 PM

Sounds great Terry. I cannot wait for the released. Thanks for all the hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We sent out a handful of kits for testing, once we know it's working well we'll open it up to everyone. Maybe another week or so?
(#3490)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
No with E85 no need for octane booster!

Burger Motorsports

(#3491)
Old

Default 01-13-2019, 10:19 PM

Thanks Terry, now when you did the dyno on the red sport with E-85 was that on map 5?
(#3492)
Old

Default 01-14-2019, 07:10 PM

Do the BMS silicone intake tubes fit the oem air boxes ?

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#3493)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Do the BMS silicone intake tubes fit the oem air boxes ?
You may need to tweak them a bit but yes they do.

Burger Motorsports

(#3494)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks Terry, now when you did the dyno on the red sport with E-85 was that on map 5?
The one on our website? I'm sure we posted when we did it in this thread somewhere.

Burger Motorsports

(#3495)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Default Infiniti Q60 RS JB +5PSI - 01-14-2019, 08:04 PM

Running a JB1 on my 17 Red Sport Q60. My current setting is +5PSI with DWP set at 38. Only have the JB1 on it no other mods. Only use mobile 93. I have this setting about 6k. Car runs great. I got a dragy and wanted to try to out.

Below is a 0-60 run and 1/4 mile.

Q60 Red Sport 0-60 and 1/4 mile Dragy - YouTube

(#3496)
Old

Default 01-14-2019, 08:09 PM

My real question is can a red sport run map 5 with 5 gal of E85 and the rest in 91 with map 5 because your dyno graph shows it with 6psi
(#3497)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
My real question is can a red sport run map 5 with 5 gal of E85 and the rest in 91 with map 5 because your dyno graph shows it with 6psi
Sure give it a whirl, let's see the log.

Burger Motorsports

(#3498)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSport88
Running a JB1 on my 17 Red Sport Q60.
Moving!

Burger Motorsports

(#3499)
Old

Car: q50
Default 01-15-2019, 06:38 AM

Added the fuel wires to my JB4, just awaiting firmware
(#3500)
Old

Car: GTR,M5,TypeR,Q50,QX60
Default 01-15-2019, 07:11 AM

Hi all. Iím new to this forum. Just got a JB4 last week for my 18í Q50 Luxe 3.0T AWD. Iím using map1 with 15 gallons 91octane mix with 5 gallons e85.

Dose anyone have Transmission problems TQslip or any drivetrains issues? Cause i drove on 2nd,3rd or 4th gear I fell jerkiness at rear tires at load of low speed WOT.

Itís not issues with traction control or tires slipping because my car has front wheels 20Ēx9Ē with 275/35/20 and rear 20Ēx10.5Ē with 305/30/20. They are Nitto NT05 tires. traction control off. The car has only 4,xxx miles.

Please help not sure issues with drivetrains or the tune. Data logs in 3rd gear.

Thanks.