N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3376)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 01-05-2019, 06:06 PM

sorry still new to this... and I’m not sure how to adjust boost by gear or where to begin I’ve read the first page and I can’t seem to decipher it lol

Last edited by 19_Q50RS; 01-05-2019 at 06:15 PM..
(#3377)
Old

Default 01-05-2019, 06:23 PM

Would it be to go on map3 then go onto user settings and place a 6 in the MAX BOOST 1ST and hit save?
(#3378)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport 2018
Default 01-05-2019, 06:36 PM

Hello everyone. Just had a quick question about the jb4 bluetooth for my 2018 red sport.
I wanted to know what is a safe map profile for maximum speed and efficiency with the way my car currently stands.

I am running 91 octane (live in California) have a res delete + muffler delete, drop in k&n air filters. THat's pretty much all I've really done to my car so far.

If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it!
(#3379)
Old

Default 01-05-2019, 07:28 PM

Hi Terry, did you guys use the new map 3 on the Red sport? What were the results. Thanks

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#3380)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_Q50RS
sorry still new to this... and Iím not sure how to adjust boost by gear or where to begin Iíve read the first page and I canít seem to decipher it lol
1st gear on the user adjustment page, then save it. Easy stuff.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3381)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Hi Terry, did you guys use the new map 3 on the Red sport? What were the results. Thanks
We haven't tested it here, no. Both of our full time development cars are 300hp variants.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3382)
Old

Default 01-06-2019, 09:20 AM

Ok thanks terry... now I did the switch to 6 psi in 1st now it that good for daily driving or just for take offs?
(#3383)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Now do another run from a stop and lets see if launching is any better. Remember practice makes perfect on this stuff too. And if 6psi is too much lower it, if not enough, raise it, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#3384)
Old

Default 01-06-2019, 10:42 AM

Is the 6 psi applied to all the maps?
(#3385)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2019, 10:48 AM

Yes boost by gear is global for all maps, except map0 (stock) and map4 (VALET)

Burger Motorsports

(#3386)
Old

Default 01-06-2019, 12:24 PM

Ok thanks... it’s time to go practice then lol
Any word on the that pedal tuner for the 2019 Q50RS?
(#3387)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Luxe
Default 01-06-2019, 03:46 PM

Is Max boost 1st,2nd,3rd under user adjustment; where boost per gear is set? Thanks
(#3388)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2019, 03:54 PM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#3389)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default Just broke 11s on JB4 - 01-07-2019, 02:17 AM

..finally got our platform on the map. 11.95 on JB4 with L***!!
Attached Images

(#3390)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 01-07-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStern85
Congrats but do you have the track slip? looks like your dragy messed up a little (the 1000100 reading lol).

Also, AWD?

Your trap speed seems low... I've run 12.5 at 113mph lol. Must have been a hella good launch.
(#3391)
Old

Default 01-07-2019, 09:05 AM

Ohh, that 1000 ft in 10 secs @ 106.56 mph. No glitch. Yea I've trapped up to 115 mph on other low 12s runs. It all varies. I had a great launch. 1.87 60 ft is excellent for a non flash tuned car. Stock wheels and tires btw. Yup AWD, @ sea level with great DA in -2000s
(#3392)
Old

Car: q50
Default 01-07-2019, 09:16 AM

-2000ft da? Where do you live?
(#3393)
Old

Default 01-07-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Ohh, that 1000 ft in 10 secs @ 106.56 mph. No glitch. Yea I've trapped up to 115 mph on other low 12s runs. It all varies. I had a great launch. 1.87 60 ft is excellent for a non flash tuned car. Stock wheels and tires btw. Yup AWD, @ sea level with great DA in -2000s
Ah my mistake. Congratulations man I was hoping to be the first to break 11s on JB4 but you beat me to it!

You should post on the Facebook groups... so much JB4 hate out there. Tag that Sam Barros guy too, he's a dick.

Also, if you're open to it, I'm sure people would love to see your Map 6. I think I saw yours on infinitiq50.org and it was very similar to mine.
(#3394)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Congrats!! Awesome time.

Burger Motorsports

(#3395)
Old

Default 01-07-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
-2000ft da? Where do you live?
NYC
(#3396)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy

You should post on the Facebook groups... so much JB4 hate out there. Tag that Sam Barros guy too, he's a dick.
I know I've been daily driving our 2019 Q50 working on some cool features you JB4 only guys will love, and hopefully will make the haters reconsider at least a little bit.

Burger Motorsports

(#3397)
Old

Default 01-07-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I know I've been daily driving our 2019 Q50 working on some cool features you JB4 only guys will love, and hopefully will make the haters reconsider at least a little bit.
Hell yeah man, looking forward to it!

Once it warms up in Houston again I'll be posting a lot more slips and showing people what JB4 is capable of. I've got nearly every mod on the stock block except for an HPFP, and run 305 tires in the back. If any RWD can hook and break 11s on JB4 I probably have a chance. 11.95 is the number to beat... haha. But running in 50 degree weather on summer tires is a big no no for me.

I think people underestimate the power of the stock ECU to compensate for elevated boost. It does a good job keeping up with my boost requests on JB4.

Excited for what you've got in store for us!
(#3398)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 01-07-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Which map did you use? Also was it with E85?

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#3399)
Old

Car: q50
Default 01-07-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That's encouraging that we're not getting left behind compared to the other JB4 platforms.
(#3400)
Old

Default 01-08-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Which map did you use? Also was it with E85?
Map 6 pushing +7 in midrange, tapered up top. No e85, our stock fuel pumps cant handle it. 93 octane