N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3251)
Old

Car: '18 Q50 RS AWD
Default 11-30-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
Any Q owner posting in here from Southern California?
Right by magic mountain here... SCV

2018 Q50 RS400 AWD (w/Sport Mufflers)

Loving the ride...
(#3252)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 11-30-2018, 11:42 PM

Just installed a JB4 on my ‘18 RS400. Please check this log running on map 5. Gas: 93 octane.

Side note, all the standard gauges work except for the gear, is that normal?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-01 00_18_29.csv (6.8 KB, 116 views)

2018 Q50 RS400 RWD + JB4

Last edited by Boringdriver; 11-30-2018 at 11:48 PM..
(#3253)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boringdriver
Just installed a JB4 on my 18 RS400. Please check this log running on map 5. Gas: 93 octane.

Side note, all the standard gauges work except for the gear, is that normal?
Looks strong to me. Gear is not programmed yet, but road speed is.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3254)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default VR30 - Electronic Wastegate Control (EWC) - 12-03-2018, 11:26 AM

Terry - Would there be any advantage for the JB4 to integrate with the wastegate on the VR30 engine as there is on the BMS engine platforms?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#3255)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2018, 03:40 PM

Yes there should be. We're working on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3256)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 12-04-2018, 05:19 PM

Hey Terry@BMS,

I noticed something weird last night and got a log of it today. On the highway, when dumping the throttle in Sport+, I hear a pop from my exhaust.

I'm running E30, upgraded LPFP, L*** + 3.0" catback, intakes, and JB4 with the following Map6:

Anyway, the pop is super weird and the log is even weirder. I cut out the beginning of the log as it was a lot longer but essentially between timestamp 1251.25 and 1254.75 there is data missing and the RPM jumps from 3962 to 5750, and then drops down to 5387??? I don't think I was spinning at 60mph, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Log is attached.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv jb4_poplog.csv (4.6 KB, 92 views)
(#3257)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-04-2018, 05:44 PM

Looks like DSC kicking in as RPM jumps down, so maybe just normal behavior that you can now hear with the exhaust.

Burger Motorsports

(#3258)
Old

Default 12-04-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks like DSC kicking in as RPM jumps down, so maybe just normal behavior that you can now hear with the exhaust.
I had traction off in sport + and was going in a straight line at 60mph on the interstate... are you sure it's DSC?
(#3259)
Old

Default 12-04-2018, 05:57 PM

Also I'm still confused why there's no logging for the 3 seconds that I'm jumping 1800RPM, doesn't JB4 log mroe often than that?
(#3260)
Old

Car: q50
Default 12-07-2018, 01:33 PM

stock SS with JB4 Map 2, please review logs. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-07 14_53_27.csv (16.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-07 15_00_18.csv (14.4 KB, 82 views)
(#3261)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
stock SS with JB4 Map 2, please review logs. Thank you.
Looks fine to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3262)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Also I'm still confused why there's no logging for the 3 seconds that I'm jumping 1800RPM, doesn't JB4 log mroe often than that?
Logs whatever you record. By default it only logs full throttle unless starting or stopping logs manually to record part throttle.

Burger Motorsports

(#3263)
Old

Default 12-07-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Looks fine to me.
Thanks Terry. When I tried to graph myself in excel, I thought I was seeing some dips in timing so I wanted confirmation that it looked ok, AFR seemed to hover around 12:1. I'm not used to these direct injection motors running leaner than port injection. Avg Ign was zero so I take it that is a good thing since its not pulling timing?
(#3264)
Old

Car: Q50
Send a message via Skype™ to rlora
Default 12-08-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsTee
can adapt to any intake setup, and not cause jerking like the generic 45 degree setups (see Stillen's).
I ordered a set and will test and report on my Q50 RS as I bought a used Stillen Intake.
(#3265)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Thanks Terry. When I tried to graph myself in excel, I thought I was seeing some dips in timing so I wanted confirmation that it looked ok, AFR seemed to hover around 12:1. I'm not used to these direct injection motors running leaner than port injection. Avg Ign was zero so I take it that is a good thing since its not pulling timing?
Use the JB4 windows interface to open and scroll along logs, much easier. Then if a question comes up you can post the log and the timestamp so I know what you're referring to.

That platform is nothing.. We run the BMWs at 14.3:1 @ peak torque and 13.5:1 @ peak HP sometimes. Direct injection is a new ball game all together.

Burger Motorsports

(#3266)
Old

Default 12-08-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Use the JB4 windows interface to open and scroll along logs, much easier. Then if a question comes up you can post the log and the timestamp so I know what you're referring to.

That platform is nothing.. We run the BMWs at 14.3:1 @ peak torque and 13.5:1 @ peak HP sometimes. Direct injection is a new ball game all together.
Thanks Terry good idea. I'm super curious about this DI AFR now from what you said the BMW guys run. Someone else who is highly trusted in the domestic world and OEM calibeates has said they're shotting for mid 11s AFR on their boosted DI setups. Maybe you've heard of him, Greg Banish? Onviously different platforms but it would be interesting to compare notes.
(#3267)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2018, 11:48 AM

I learned 10 years ago when I started with DI motors that trying to convince the old timers as to how to tune them is wasted breath. They'll have to figure it out for themselves. The actual AFR target depends largely on the engine, combustion chamber shape, etc. The risk of running too lean is generally a high EGT that leads to detonation, preignition, melting plugs and valves, etc. You'll find none of those symptoms with this platform.

Burger Motorsports

(#3268)
Old

Default 12-08-2018, 11:54 AM

Cool, good to know!
(#3269)
Old

Default 12-10-2018, 06:49 PM

Hi Terry

Will oil pressure be eventually added to one of the parameters?

Thanks

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#3270)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 09:46 PM

If there is enough demand we can work on it. Wasn't on my radar though. Why do you need it?

Burger Motorsports

(#3271)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
If there is enough demand we can work on it. Wasn't on my radar though. Why do you need it?
Since 0w20 oil is used on this engine, and we know viscosity lowers past the 212F standards. Just wanted to monitor it when I take my car to the track.

Thanks

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#3272)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Since 0w20 oil is used on this engine, and we know viscosity lowers past the 212F standards. Just wanted to monitor it when I take my car to the track.

Thanks
I 2nd this. Also curious in any other PIDS that may be on the list to be revealed so we can log.
(#3273)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 12-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Does anyone know how to reset the JB4 so another person can use it after its been resold?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3274)
Old

Default 12-13-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Awesome! Always nice to see cross platform BMS customers.

You should be fine on map5 with good 93 octane on a 300hp model. Huge power gains vs stock if that is your question.
Map 5 is 5 psi?

On this dyno sheet, is it the orange one? 355/375

http://www.burgertuning.com/images/d...pump_dyno.JPEG
(#3275)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2018, 10:07 AM

Map5 is 6psi peak, tapering to redline.

Burger Motorsports