N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3101)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 10-19-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Hey Terry any update on the WMI kits? I would like full see some logs and dyno runs.
Ditto!
(#3102)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
HI Terry - are you guys still working on that pedal box for this application? I've been looking into it for another car and I think it might really help with awd launches for cars that don't have a throttle override/highjack.
Q50/Q60 Pedal Tuners are in stock and shipping.

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMS_PEDAL_TUNER.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3103)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Hey Terry any update on the WMI kits? I would like full see some logs and dyno runs.
Have been working with a few customers, but I think we'll need to pickup another Q50 development car soon. Ours is busy with inlet testing and other product development. Haven't been able to get WMI on it yet.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3104)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 10-21-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

Terry ,Cant the JB4 tune the "throttle response" percentage?

When I had my UPRev tune on my G35 they tune the throttle response to 100%
(#3105)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-21-2018, 09:34 AM

The JB4 tunes the pedal to boost target profile, but not the pedal to torque request profile.

Burger Motorsports

(#3106)
Old

Car: Q50S
Default 10-21-2018, 01:15 PM

Couple questions

Has there been any engine or transmission problems associated with the additional power the JB1/4 provides? Daily driver very interested in a bit more power but dont want any adverse effects.. Pretty new engine from Nissan so just nervous about it.

Also why does the Red Sport make more power then the Normal silver sport once they both have boost cranked up to same levels?? Same engine basicly same turbos.. what gives?

Looking forward to learning a little more about this car.. Just bought a new one couple months ago!
(#3107)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default 10-21-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRRB
Couple questions

Has there been any engine or transmission problems associated with the additional power the JB1/4 provides? Daily driver very interested in a bit more power but dont want any adverse effects.. Pretty new engine from Nissan so just nervous about it.

Also why does the Red Sport make more power then the Normal silver sport once they both have boost cranked up to same levels?? Same engine basicly same turbos.. what gives?

Looking forward to learning a little more about this car.. Just bought a new one couple months ago!
I never had any issues with the JB4 in the one year I had it installed on my Q60 Red Sport, with boost levels approaching 17-18 psi. I have since graduated to an Ecutek tune by SpecialtyZ.

Some owners have reported problems with the engine, but it has been few and far between. One owner (kid) was cranking in too much boost request on the JB4. Some owners complain about the shifting of the transmission, but while this may have been a perceived problem in Auto mode, in Manual mode, up-shifting is fairly instant. The Ecutek tune has made the transmission shift much quicker in Auto mode.

Keep in mind that higher boost levels require more fuel, so the risk with Direct Injection & Boosted Engines is fuel dilution of the oil. Therefore, based on what I've seen in my UOAs from Blackstone Labs, if you are running JB1, JB4, or a tune (Ecutek, UpRev, etc.), I would keep to a 5k mile oil & filter change interval. FWIW, after 5k miles, my 5W30 oil had become a 5W20 due to 2% fuel dilution. I'm also running an FI exhaust.

The Red Sport turbos have an optical sensor that that Silver Sports don't. The optical sensor provides feedback to the ECU on how fast the turbo is spinning, which translates to a higher boost level. The Red Sport also has a second coolant pump to manage the Intercooler Fluid Temp, which will translate to lower Charge Air Temps when performing repeated runs (less prolonged heat soak).

2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD Iridium Blue / Monaco Red / Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / XPEL Clear Bra - Full Hood, Fenders, Doors, Mirrors, Rockers, A-Pillars, and Roof & Rear Qtr (Partial) / FI Full D Ps & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR w/SS-Braided Brake Lines / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / AMS LPFP & HPFP (not installed) / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC / Stillen RSB & SPL End Links
(#3108)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-21-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRRB
Couple questions

Overall platform has been solid. They make roughly the same power tuned. The red sport runs more boost less timing, while the silver sport more timing and less boost, to get to the similar power levels, when tuned with the JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#3109)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 10-21-2018, 08:21 PM

Hey Terry ,

Are there any spark plugs that would help increase performance on our platform? I was scrolling thru the Kia GT forum...
(#3110)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 10-22-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

Have any feedback using this on a Q50? Installation Instructions? Any conflict with an ECUTEK tuned car?

17' Q50 RS
(#3111)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStern85
Hey Terry ,

Are there any spark plugs that would help increase performance on our platform? I was scrolling thru the Kia GT forum...
We still have the factory plugs in our Q50, haven't had the need to replace them yet. But looking in to it is on my to-do list.

Burger Motorsports

(#3112)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oh_mo
Have any feedback using this on a Q50? Installation Instructions? Any conflict with an ECUTEK tuned car?
It's compatible with JB4, EcuTek, etc. Directions are similar to BMW video on our site. Pull off pedal, plug in, calibrate using button sequence in video, and enjoy! Maybe 15 min first time? 5 min second.

Burger Motorsports

(#3113)
Old

Car: q60
Default question about throttle mapping... - 10-23-2018, 09:02 PM

Hey guys/Terry,

Does anyone have any graphs or hard info on the throttle mapping of our cars (or any drive by wire car). I mean i notice that certainly i get more throttle in sport/sport+ mode for the same amount of pedal depression.

But i also feel that if i stomp on the gas, maybe the car reacts faster in the sport modes? is throttle response (as opposed to curve) something that is part of the throttle map? (actually as i type this it seems it likely is).

All of this is a long way of asking if ones quarter mile times might drop by .1 or so with the pedal box??
(#3114)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-24-2018, 08:26 AM

Pedal box won't improve performance at full throttle. But will knock at least 2 seconds off your half throttle quarter mile times.

Burger Motorsports

(#3115)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 RS400
Default 10-25-2018, 01:34 PM

Folks, I am 100% sure this is in the thread somewhere but with the JB4 can you still see gains from down ***** and improved heat exchanger? Or does that need a custom full tune to take advantage?

I searched and went through about 30 pages of this thread before posting.
(#3116)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2018, 02:59 PM

Heat exchanger will help with performance during longer runs. I've never dyno tested exhaust mods but others report decent gains.

Burger Motorsports

(#3117)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 10-25-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delearious02
Folks, I am 100% sure this is in the thread somewhere but with the JB4 can you still see gains from down ***** and improved heat exchanger? Or does that need a custom full tune to take advantage?

I searched and went through about 30 pages of this thread before posting.
Your car even stock won’t probably run the same 1/4 mile time back to back due to heat soak. With JB4 or tune it will definitely not. I’ve raced my car in sub 50 degree temperatures and it still heat soaks with the stock HE. Your car will make more power with de catted lower **.

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#3118)
Old

Default 10-26-2018, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Your car even stock won’t probably run the same 1/4 mile time back to back due to heat soak. With JB4 or tune it will definitely not. I’ve raced my car in sub 50 degree temperatures and it still heat soaks with the stock HE. Your car will make more power with de catted lower **.
What gains can be expected with Lower ***? Are mid-pipe and y-pipe swaps needed for gains from Lower ***?
(#3119)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 10-26-2018, 05:26 AM

To get the full benefits of **'s you would need a full exhaust.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3120)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t Sport
Default 10-26-2018, 01:23 PM

Quick question, I'm selling my JB4 w/bluetooth to a friend locally (no longer have a Q). Is there anything they need to do in order to register it with you guys or is it plug and play?
(#3121)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 10-26-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefnwa
Quick question, I'm selling my JB4 w/bluetooth to a friend locally (no longer have a Q). Is there anything they need to do in order to register it with you guys or is it plug and play?
It’s just plug and play, no type of registration required

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#3122)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default 10-27-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefnwa
After installation and the JB4 App is purchased, your friend should see a connection error.

When I sold my JB4 w/BT to another forum member, he had to email support2@jbconnectkit.com to get my email account unlinked from the JB4 App, to allow the new user to register.

Here's what support responded with:

Please have the current user email support2@jbconnectkit.com a screenshot of the connection error.

Click OK on the error screen...the new owner should get a screen that says “Kit not owned” and a kit address number.
Please have then send me a screen shot of that screen and I will unlock it for them.

So while the hardware is indeed "plug and play", the old user email account needs to be unlinked by JB4 Support to work for the new user.

2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD Iridium Blue / Monaco Red / Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / XPEL Clear Bra - Full Hood, Fenders, Doors, Mirrors, Rockers, A-Pillars, and Roof & Rear Qtr (Partial) / FI Full D Ps & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR w/SS-Braided Brake Lines / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / AMS LPFP & HPFP (not installed) / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC / Stillen RSB & SPL End Links
(#3123)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 10-27-2018, 08:46 AM

I think you can reset it yourself within the user settings before you sell it.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3124)
Old

Default 10-27-2018, 09:20 AM

Terry,wondering if you can help with my issue. Have a SS running map 2 on the JB4. Had it for like 3 weeks. I have the APP but never really turn it on. But the last 2 days ,figure I'll running the App when driving. I see the the AFR goes down to 3.8 after letting off gas (doesn't matter the speed I go ) On the gas its around 14.7 then off gas drops to 3.8(always 3.8) then back up to normal range when back on gas. But when I'm stop at red light ,off the gas it reads 14.7. So not sure what this is.I know that the stock AFR is a "narrow band" ,and really dosent read a true measure.But is this normal?
(#3125)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2018, 09:33 PM

Normal behavior when fuel is cut off during decel.

Burger Motorsports