N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2926)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Might be a dumb question, but what does jb4 stand for? Is it an acronym of something? Thanks.
Juice Box v4. But years ago we just started calling it JB4 instead. Easier.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2927)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Default 2017 Q60 RS JB1 VS 2017 M3 Sedan Stock - 09-09-2018, 06:28 PM

Just had a run in with a 2017 M3 sedan. We did 2 runs. One from a dig and one from a roll. He was looking at my tail lights the whole time. I had him by about 1 car and a half at 100mph every time. While at the red light we chatted He said he was 100% stock. and I told hime about the Jb1. Love the Jb1! My current set up on my 2017 Q60 RS is +5PSI and DWP at 35. Been running on 93 from Mobil with no issues for about 5 months now. The car just loves it. Anyone going above 5PSI terry on regular pump gas Terry? I know u said +4 is the most you would go but +5 the car is just beastmode.

(I have no mods at all only the Jb1, even have stock Air intake)

Last edited by RedSport88; 09-09-2018 at 07:08 PM..
(#2928)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2018, 08:35 AM

Nice! Watch out if he ever puts a JB4 on that M3 though.

Generally I prefer Stage1 at +4psi but if it's working for you then roll with it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2929)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2018, 06:29 PM

Been working with a customer remotely who had a popular EcuTek tuner do his RedSport, but after much back and forth, wasn't as thrilled with the performance as he thought he'd be. So he engaged us to use the JB4 to augment his flash mapping to give him higher power options when the need arose.

In his particular case it turned out JB4 map2 out of the box really fit the bill. And he now has the option to run map0 (flash tuning only), map4 (valet map, slower than stock), map1, and map2, which he can pick on the fly using JB4 mobile on his phone.

Anyway thought you tuning junkies might find the logs interesting. Stock vs. EcuTek tune vs. EcuTek + JB4 map2.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2930)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 09-12-2018, 06:48 PM

Holy cow that's a lot of boost! That's over 22psi.

I would LOVE to see his dyno with the ECUTEK and then afterwards with the JB4.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2931)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 09-12-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Been working with a customer remotely who had a popular EcuTek tuner do his RedSport, but after much back and forth, wasn't as thrilled with the performance as he thought he'd be. So he engaged us to use the JB4 to augment his flash mapping to give him higher power options when the need arose.

In his particular case it turned out JB4 map2 out of the box really fit the bill. And he now has the option to run map0 (flash tuning only), map4 (valet map, slower than stock), map1, and map2, which he can pick on the fly using JB4 mobile on his phone.

Anyway thought you tuning junkies might find the logs interesting. Stock vs. EcuTek tune vs. EcuTek + JB4 map2.
What kind of fuel is he running with this tune + JB4 ?
(#2932)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 09-12-2018, 10:12 PM

Hey terry i was actually gonna ask you about the video on the Instagram where the guy uses the jb4 to beat the ecutek? How did mange to keep up with it? What map was he using?

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#2933)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2018, 07:47 AM

Not in the loop on that guy, Ando was working with him. But EcuTek is a tuning software. Not all tunes/maps are going to be created equal. And after getting flash tuned if you still need more flexibility especially on boost targeting the JB4 works great.

Burger Motorsports

(#2934)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 09-13-2018, 08:15 AM

Hi Terry, are you guys still accepting JB1 modules for a core charge? If so what do I need to do . Thanks

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#2935)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2018, 09:00 AM

We are not.

Burger Motorsports

(#2936)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 09-13-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Hi Terry, are you guys still accepting JB1 modules for a core charge? If so what do I need to do . Thanks
JB4 upgrade is $100 on our site.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2937)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 09-13-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Hey terry i was actually gonna ask you about the video on the Instagram where the guy uses the jb4 to beat the ecutek? How did mange to keep up with it? What map was he using?
He is AWD and has never dynoed his car or anything.
He just has great success with a lot of cars. Bunch of videos on his page.

JB4 alone can go head to head with a lot of ecutek tuned cars unles ecutek is on a kill mode type of tune I guess.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2938)
Old

Default 09-13-2018, 02:47 PM

Does anyone know at what intecooler coolant temp the ECU pulls timing? Whatís the best way to cool it down with the stock HE. Itís my understanding that the pumps on my red sport donít run at idle

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#2939)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 09-13-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
He is AWD and has never dynoed his car or anything.
He just has great success with a lot of cars. Bunch of videos on his page.

JB4 alone can go head to head with a lot of ecutek tuned cars unles ecutek is on a kill mode type of tune I guess.
You know what map he used? I'm really curious cause my car is awd, from seeing that video I'm happier i went with a jb4 lol

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#2940)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know at what intecooler coolant temp the ECU pulls timing? Whatís the best way to cool it down with the stock HE. Itís my understanding that the pumps on my red sport donít run at idle
I don't have the table handy but the higher the temp the more timing is pulled, once things get over around 160F then boost is pulled too.

Burger Motorsports

(#2941)
Old

Default 09-13-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
You know the other day I was driving around and I was at about 140 degrees for my IC temp and then it started to rain. The temp started to drop almost 35 degrees if I remember correctly. I wonder if a misting system for spraying off the HX would help keep the temperature under control?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2942)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 09-13-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I don't have the table handy but the higher the temp the more timing is pulled, once things get over around 160F then boost is pulled too.
A BMS HE would definitely help - but I wonder what effect a WMI system would have in lowering temps while raising octane?!? Would doing both be overkill or just what our JB4íed Q50ís need!?!
(#2943)
Old

Default 09-13-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
You know the other day I was driving around and I was at about 140 degrees for my IC temp and then it started to rain. The temp started to drop almost 35 degrees if I remember correctly. I wonder if a misting system for spraying off the HX would help keep the temperature under control?
Being able to see charge air temp really shows how inadequate the OEM cooling system is. Cruising this afternoon on the expressway at about 70mph for example: Ambient temp of 81, IAT at 89 and charge air temp at 139 degrees. A quick pull to 100mph and back down to 70mph resulted in charge air temp rising to 153 degrees. I didn't get a chance to time how long it took for the charge temp to come back down to 139 degrees but it must've been a minute or two at least. No wonder my car feels like a total dog when it's warm out. Fast forward to tonight as I was driving home from work. Ambient temp at 70, IAT at 78 and charge air at 125 degrees. Car obviously feels quicker but it still takes a long time for charge temp to drop between pulls. Doing a pull and coming to a stop immediately causes the charge air temp to rise and plateau as the IC system pump does not work at idle. I think it's time to finally install that HE sitting in the garage. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution to the OEM IC pump.
(#2944)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 09-14-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:

I'm actually using Map2 on my RS as well (E30 / 93). Terry, can you tell me what Map 2 profile looks like per RPM? I know it peaks at +5 psi but just curious how its delivered and how it tapers down low and high. In my experience this map gives the best performance on a RS. I tried tons of custom map 6 profiles to no avail. thanks
(#2945)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2018, 10:48 AM

Open your log and look at the target trace to see what the JB4 is requesting over stock.

Burger Motorsports

(#2946)
Old

Default 09-15-2018, 07:34 AM

Ahh thats true lol. Sorry, I'm new to data logging. I will send over some logs for you to look at shortly...
(#2947)
Old

Default 09-15-2018, 08:13 AM

18" RS400 (E30 / 93)
First 2 logs are map2, the other 2 are map5
Attached Files
File Type: csv 180915_1011.csv (3.1 KB, 129 views)
File Type: csv 180915_1017.csv (4.7 KB, 122 views)
File Type: csv 180915_1023.csv (5.7 KB, 146 views)
File Type: csv 180915_1027.csv (2.9 KB, 115 views)
(#2948)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-15-2018, 10:05 AM

The map2 runs aren't really full throttle, the map5 log where there was some full throttle looks OK though.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2949)
Old

Default 09-15-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
The map2 runs aren't really full throttle, the map5 log where there was some full throttle looks OK though.
Yes it would be best if you could do some 4th gear pulls. That way you spend more time in the gear and it's easier to review your log. Higher gears are longer. Lower grades are way too fast.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2950)
Old

Default 09-15-2018, 12:37 PM

I've been looking at some of the logs posted here ever since charge air temp has been added so I can compare data. One log that really stands out was posted by CapoJoe860 and shows IAT at 78 with charge air temp rising to 192 degrees. I was also looking at my temps yesterday since it was a bit warmer than 2 days ago and noted the following: ambient temp at 89 with IAT at 98 and charge air temp at 159 degrees. This was at constant cruising speed of 70mph. Slight momentary acceleration raised it to 176 degrees and it took forever to recover. I asked my brother to give me some numbers from his tuned RS with an upgraded HE running 21psi and he gave me the following: IAT at 90 with charge air temp at 111 degrees after doing a pull to 120mph. So unless you live in a really cold climate, doing an HE upgrade is pretty much mandatory.