JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 17 Q50 premium
Default MAP 6 REVIEW - 12-14-2021, 10:14 AM

Hello everyone, let me know what you think, I Made a 2-3rd gear pull, and later a 4-5th gear pull. the 2-3rd gear pull felt decent, felt laggy at lower rpm on 2 and 3 but high rpms felt strong. My concern is on the 4th-5th gear pull from row 52 on down. the beginning of the pull felt strong but felt like the car plateaued and didn't want to go past 5K rpm. I shifted to 5th and same thing pulled hard and plateaued and wouldn't continue pulling past 5K. 93 pump gas

MODS:
K&N drop in filters
Z1 3"hi-flo *** full down pipes
hks full dual hi power exhaust
fuel wires
BOV's
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv struggling past 5K P50_M6_R2_211214_1037.csv (17.9 KB, 76 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-14-2021, 11:13 AM

Well, given that you are basically trying to target 20+ psi and have your boost safety set to 20psi...that's an issue.

You're also running very rich...I'd suggest installing/enabling the fuel wires.

Also, no need to post screenshots of your settings...those are included in the log and the screenshots you posted aren't accurate based on the log anyway. If they were, your PID gain would be set to 0 (bad thing) and it's not, based on the log you posted.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 12-14-2021, 12:08 PM

Thank you very much for your quick reply. noticed the wires and boost safety after the screenshots smh. moving forward, enable wires, raise safety if desired and should run better? are there any other adjustments I should make, for a stronger pull, minus the plateau, such as E30 mix or should I leave it set for 93pump gas? Also, is it ok to run +9 throughout the entire rpm range or is it better to ramping up at low rpms and taper off at the top end?

P.S. This is my daily and run jb4 disabled 90% of the time. mainly want it to pull hard when im with my N54 and N55 buddies down here in mexico

Last edited by we running it or what; 12-14-2021 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: additional question
(#4)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 12-14-2021, 02:18 PM

1. Yes
2. You could do an E30 mix if you would like.
3. Ramp boost

May I ask why you disable your JB4 90% of the time? JB4 does not affect your "Daily Drivability". It's just more boost when your foot feels like getting a few inches closer to your engine.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 12-14-2021, 03:26 PM

honestly 90% of the time im driving to and from work during peak morning and evening traffic. not enough road to get on it. i guess i keep it at map zero to save fuel?? Ive had the jb4 with bluetooth app for 2.5 years now but not sure if im using it to its potential. the once/month i go on a spirited drive I run MAP 4 and the car runs well, just feels like it needs more boost, which is why im playing around with MAP 6 at the moment.

Another question, Do I need to run E30 with a +9 map or am i ok with 93?
(#6)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 12-15-2021, 07:18 AM

The JB4 has NO effect on daily fuel economy. You can see in a log that the total boost at light throttle is not effected at all by JB4. It is only when you go WOT that the extra boost kicks in (its there when you call for it). Like Cannon said, no need at all to disable the JB4.
Regarding your Map 6 question. Why go from Map 4 to plus 9 Map 6? Not sure what firmware you are on, but the latest 2 has Map 5 (Peak +7psi) as step up from Map 4. +9 will almost certainly be too much for 93 octane fuel. Even on E fuel, not sure there will be enough fuel delivery to run that much boost so you should log and make sure your trims/AFR are both OK if you go that route.
(#7)
Old

Default 12-15-2021, 08:58 AM

Thank you so much for the info. For the +9map, I was referring to map6 with a +9 as custom boost. When I sent the most recent log, my fuel wires were disabled and was running too rich, does that have anything to do with fuel delivery? I guess my question is, according to the logs, does running too rich have anything to do with fuel delivery? Im thinking too rich means too much fuel in the combustion is this correct? If not, what shows fuel delivery in the log? Thanks in advance
(#8)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 12-15-2021, 02:31 PM

Yes, too rich is too much fuel. But too much fuel at +6PSI Map 4 could easily turn into not enough fuel for +9 psi. Also, don't want to speak for BMS on this, but I think they just meant its on the rich side when it comes to maximizing power. The fuel wires refine it to target an ideal mix to maximize power. The cars stock tend to run richer than ideal at full throttle.
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-16-2021, 12:32 PM

Correct...getting down in to the mid 10's will rob you of power. These are direct injected motors and you're running 93 that appears to be doing pretty well.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#10)
Old

Car: 18 Q50 RS
Default 12-28-2021, 11:00 AM

Is it safe to run this much boost with these mods? Everything I have read states that past 18 PSI, the stock turbos are outside of their efficiency range. I am still a noob, but was wondering what others thought here.

Also, on this 4/5 pull, as the timing is coming back up in 4th gear after peak boost, I see timing drop to 2 at around 5.5k rpms, is that a sign of knock? Lastly, the timing is pinned at 1 in 5th gear, I don't think I have ever seen that before.