JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default Single turbo log review / timing pull - 01-17-2022, 01:53 PM

Hi all ,

Did a log on my single turbo n54. Was sitting for a couple weeks so I thought I’d go ahead make sure everything was good . Felt pretty sluggish too me , and I saw the timing was being pulled a bit . Lmk if you guys see the same .

It’s on pump flash with 93 from shell with map3 20psi . It also has the fuel it CPI kit with 950cc injector stage 2 lpfp

Thank you in advanced !

P30_M3_R1_220117_1509.csv
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-18-2022, 11:45 AM

Agreed...some timing getting pulled but otherwise looks pretty normal.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-18-2022, 03:39 PM

Hey Steve ,

Thanks for the reply ,

Iím really stumped on what could be causing this ? The sparks / coils are new , Iím using shell 93 gas , and intake temps are good too . I was reading up on that high rpm misfire from the dual mass flywheel and it got me thinking , I still have the dual mass on this set up could the dual mass be causing the timing being pulled ? I do occasionally get the normal high rpm misfire as well. I donít think the boost or the tune are too aggressive either , let me know what you think. Thank you
(#4)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 01-19-2022, 11:35 AM

What spark plugs are you currently using?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2022, 12:15 PM

Not all fuel is created equal...before going to a lot of trouble, I'd change sources, try some octane booster/ethanol, or some race gas to see if that cleans up the timing.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6)
Old

Default 01-19-2022, 03:05 PM

Hey Steve thank you for the reply , I was just about to do that Iím ganna see if a couple gallons of e85 will help out next fill up Iíll report back once I get that in there . Thanks so much!
(#7)
Old

Default 01-19-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon @ BMS
What spark plugs are you currently using?
Hey cannon ,

Using ngk 2 step colder gapped to .02
(#8)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 01-19-2022, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostons335i
Hey cannon ,

Using ngk 2 step colder gapped to .02
perfect

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Default 01-28-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Not all fuel is created equal...before going to a lot of trouble, I'd change sources, try some octane booster/ethanol, or some race gas to see if that cleans up the timing.
Hey Steve ! Got a couple gallons of e85 in the tank, man does the car feel so much better , can see the timing actually go up now felt really good. I seem to have another issue now though with fuel trim variance with the CPI kit. The higher I go up in dual basis the bigger the variance . I had to increase the bias because with the e85 the fuel trims were maxing out did some testing seems that bias on 70 is a decent fit but I still got the fuel trim variance code and brought to safety map. So I went ahead and turned fuel trim variance off (unsure how bad this is for the car) (FUA 65) . Here is a log of the differnt settings of duty bias at 100,80,70. Please take a look and let me know if you think I can do anything to get these trims better , just odd they seem to be bad with more CPI input . Thank you

P30_M3_R3_220128_1359.csv
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2022, 02:47 PM

Where do you have your injector installed? The further away from the throttle body, the better.

(#11)
Old

Default 01-31-2022, 04:34 PM

Hey Steve !

Iíve had the CPI on since before the single kit and never had an issue . But I have attached some pictures on here for you to take a peek at and Lmk what you think. I read up a little and someone mentioned a boost leak can also cause this? Lmk what you think on both thank you !

Name:  56724697-F423-4ED3-8935-B05DA58C9A9C.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  117.0 KB

Name:  72C0E7F9-2C5D-4DA0-8D75-3367225CF87C.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  33.7 KB

Please let me know if the photos come out okay first time attaching them to a post here lol!
(#12)
Old

Default 02-09-2022, 03:09 PM

Got around to do another couple logs, had to increase CPI to 80 because trims were still high . First pull timing was all over the place , second pull seemed great timing came together but into the shift to 4th pulled on cyl 1 and 4 .

Steve do you have any ideas on the fuel variance with CPI kit?

Thinking about getting boost leak test as well

P30_M3_R2_220209_1332.csv
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2022, 11:23 AM

I agree, it could be due to a boost leak in the manifold (bad/missing gasket etc.) or if there is a build up or something causing the fuel to form large droplets, that could do it as well.

(#14)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 03-05-2022, 09:17 AM

Following!