JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#801)
Old

Car: 2021 F-150 Powerboost
Default 01-04-2022, 01:17 PM

Just got my JB4 installed on my Powerboost. I have plenty of access to 93 octane, and have a Roush intake on it... I saw on the first post that the Raptor was set to map7 on E20.

Do you think map7 with 93 E10 (pump gas around here) would be alright for it? I don't care to put race fuel in it but would like the 7psi boost increase.

I'm currently running Map3 and it seems to be taking it well.

Thanks in advance!
(#802)
Old

Car: 2021 F-150 Powerboost
Default 01-05-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAustin93
Just got my JB4 installed on my Powerboost. I have plenty of access to 93 octane, and have a Roush intake on it... I saw on the first post that the Raptor was set to map7 on E20.

Do you think map7 with 93 E10 (pump gas around here) would be alright for it? I don't care to put race fuel in it but would like the 7psi boost increase.

I'm currently running Map3 and it seems to be taking it well.

Thanks in advance!
To follow up with this post... I noticed some knock on Map3 with just 93, so I filled up and mixed it to E30, now there is no knock. I did see that my boost never got up over 20psi. Is this common? On factory map I would see 20 lbs pretty regularly... Any thoughts on this?

I attached the log. It is one good pull in 4th gear.

Thanks again,
Braden
Attached Files
File Type: csv P47_M3_R1_220105_0844.csv (183.5 KB, 87 views)
(#803)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2022, 02:43 PM

Per email all looks normal.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#804)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t AWD
Default 01-23-2022, 06:54 AM

How are the JB4 gains on the 2019 3.5 EB with just 91 octane? I can't get anything else (not even E85) anywhere near where I live. Anyone using just 91 (probably no more than map 1 or maybe map 2)?

SOLD: 2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t AWD. JB4, Mishimoto HE. No other mods
(#805)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2022, 10:18 AM

I'd guess around 40whp, well worth it still.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#806)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t AWD
Default 02-02-2022, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'd guess around 40whp, well worth it still.

SOLD: 2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t AWD. JB4, Mishimoto HE. No other mods
(#807)
Old

Car: 2020 Ford Raptor
Default 02-02-2022, 11:10 AM

I just purchased a JB4 for my 2020 Raptor. I only have 87, 89, and 93 octane available here in my area. I only plan on running Map 1, is 89 fine or would you recommend running 93?

Thanks in advance
(#808)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 02-03-2022, 12:20 PM

91 octane is what the car needs to be using bone stock. I would recommend 93 octane and Map 2 to start. Since you will be running 93 octane, you shouldn't have any issues in map 3 as well, but we will want to see a map 2 datalog first.

Burger Motorsports

(#809)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbraptor
I just purchased a JB4 for my 2020 Raptor. I only have 87, 89, and 93 octane available here in my area. I only plan on running Map 1, is 89 fine or would you recommend running 93?

Thanks in advance
We always suggest running the highest octane fuel you can, especially when running performance maps. I'd avoid the 89 personally or go to map0 when running it.

Burger Motorsports

(#810)
Old

Car: 2022 Lincoln Navigator
Default 2022 Lincoln Navigator - 02-06-2022, 07:41 PM

Hi there.

I recently seen some video of a Hennesy Tune @600HP and some other tunes, but I think your solution is perfect. I don't want to take a $115K Custom Lincoln and flash it or void the warranty.

So w/ that said, I had a 2021 Aviator, that thing was fast as Hell, but it had a roof leak that was so bad, it was in and out of the shop for 5 months and Ford flew in an Engineer, so they bought it back and hooked me up on the Navigator.

I want to increase the HP & Torque, but I don't want to get stupid. Do you have any data on this? I'm assuming it's the same gen as the 2021 motor?

Also, I'm thinking of replacing the stock exaust and replacing...something like Borla? Any input of thoughts?

Thanks in advance! Don
(#811)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2022, 10:07 AM

JB4 is a great way to add a ton of power in an easy to install and remove format. How much power just depends on the fuel used and how aggressively you want to run the tuning which you control via the app.

Burger Motorsports

(#812)
Old

Car: 2003 e46 M3
Default 02-22-2022, 08:48 AM

Quick question... I have a 2016 Explorer Sport, ecoboost.

Do I need to use one-step colder plugs. upgraded, 3 bar MAF or Lower temp. thermostat? The traditionals flash tuners seem to all require this.

Thanks in advance.
(#813)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 02-22-2022, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLGT
Quick question... I have a 2016 Explorer Sport, ecoboost.

Do I need to use one-step colder plugs. upgraded, 3 bar MAF or Lower temp. thermostat? The traditionals flash tuners seem to all require this.

Thanks in advance.
When running higher boost it's typically best to upgrade and properly gap the plugs.

Pretty sure those already have a 3bar TMAP...no? If it's a 2.5 bar, you'd need to upgrade to the 3 bar to run more than 21psi of boost.

Thermostat would be optional.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#814)
Old

Car: F150 ecoboost
Default 03-20-2022, 11:05 AM

Hi there,

I recently bought the JB4 tuner for my 2013 f150. I am having issues with my blow off valve opening and closing randomly even under idle. When I unplug the tune, the clicking noise at the BOV goes away. I also did a couple 0-60 pulls and was wondering if someone can take a look at the logs for me. I want to ensure it’s safe and still learning about all the parameters.
I can email the CSV file.

Thanks!
(#815)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-25-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunderwood89
Hi there,

I recently bought the JB4 tuner for my 2013 f150. I am having issues with my blow off valve opening and closing randomly even under idle. When I unplug the tune, the clicking noise at the BOV goes away. I also did a couple 0-60 pulls and was wondering if someone can take a look at the logs for me. I want to ensure itís safe and still learning about all the parameters.
I can email the CSV file.

Thanks!
Try switching the JB4's MAP sensor connections. For logs just email them to me terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#816)
Old

Car: 2016 f150 ecoboost
Default 05-07-2022, 08:11 PM

Ive got a 2016 f150 with the 2.7 i have the jb4 if i get the fuel it ethanol sensor and hook it to the jb4 will the jb4 use the info to help tune or not?

Last edited by Paulhill; 05-08-2022 at 05:09 AM..
(#817)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulhill
Ive got a 2016 f150 with the 2.7 i have the jb4 if i get the fuel it ethanol sensor and hook it to the jb4 will the jb4 use the info to help tune or not?
Yes it will let the JB4 read the E85 mixture. Right now we don't have that JB4 setup to autotune for E85 but we will add that in the future.

Burger Motorsports