JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#451)
Old

Car: 2011 550i n63
Default 09-27-2015, 01:00 PM

have a 2011 550i with ******* down pipes, and I'm getting a set of custom charge pipes made for it. The charge pipes will have bung for meth injection and bov. Had a few questions for you. I want the meth injection kit. Does the stage 2 jb4 integrate with this kit, even though it does t read all the stuff like it does for the n55 motors and such. It seems to only read boost, throttle position and fuel. And which kit would I need?

It doesn't seem to read Rpms.

Also can u explain what settings on the jb4 software can be manipulated for my car, besides the boost and wastegate position. And what each setting does. I'm bringing it to my tuner and he wants to know.

Also the open fuel loop, from my understanding the lower the number the leaner the mixture correct?
(#452)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2015, 01:23 PM

Our meth integration is fully compatible with the N63 but I don't suggest meth for the platform. It doesn't really add any power.

The tuning options are very limited. The only adjustment is described in the first post. It's not going to work to tune in larger turbos for example.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#453)
Old

Default 09-27-2015, 01:29 PM

Any plans on upgrading firmware/hardware to allow more tuning options on the n63 platform? Or do i need to go with a full ECU flash?

sorry for so many questions just trying to figure out the best route to take here
(#454)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2015, 01:36 PM

With larger turbos on the n63 definitely go with a full flash. Then just use the Stage1 to run meth and fine tune boost if you need either. The stage1 and stage2 tuning is not to the point yet that it could control larger turbos. If they become more popular we may add support in the future but just understand you're basically going to be on your own to tune it at this point.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#455)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 02:01 PM

anyone run e85 in the n63 motor? Terry, will the jb4 handle an e85 blend?
(#456)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2015, 02:58 PM

It's not very E85 friendly in my experience.

Burger Motorsports

(#457)
Old

Car: X5
Default 10-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Thinking about getting Stage1 for my N63. Couple of questions.
1. On the Dyno chart, what setting was used to achieve this result? 2? 2.5? 3? etc
2. With Stage 1 can I generally be safe from seeing any MAF or other codes?
3. Is a 40hp gain something that I will notice with my SOP meter, or will it only be noticeable at the track/dyno ?

Last edited by edfiero; 10-30-2015 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: type-o
(#458)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2015, 11:31 AM

Stage1 is preset to 3.0psi and has proven to be very stable/code free. Expect around 40hp. It's pretty noticeable I think. For the ease of install and low cost is an excellent way to go.

Burger Motorsports

(#459)
Old

Default *********/n63intake/jb4 - 11-09-2015, 08:20 AM

So i got AR *********, n63intake, and jb4, is there any settings i can tweak in the jb4 to help tune for the new additions?
(#460)
Old

Car: 2012 135i M-sport package
Default 11-20-2015, 08:59 PM

Is the N63 Stage2 now available (will it work) with the X5 5.0i?
(#461)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 09:43 PM

I think a few X5 n63 owners have used it but it's not officially supported.

Burger Motorsports

(#462)
Old

Car: 2012 135i M-sport package
Default 11-21-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I think a few X5 n63 owners have used it but it's not officially supported.
I want! I had a stage 2 in my 135i (I know, different beast) a few years ago and it was awesome. What makes the X5 different from the 550, in terms of the engine management? What issues do you see in using the Stage 2 here?
(#463)
Old

Car: 13 F10 550iX
Default 02-01-2016, 02:39 PM

Hi, quick question here. I've been running the S2 setup on my car for a while now.

Recently, I've been noticing it feels like the car is cutting power at certain times. Until I have some time to datalog I checked to see if the car had any codes and keep seeing these pop up:

Are these normal to see?

Not looking for any help with the power cut issue yet until I get some datalogs, just wondering about those codes!

Thanks,
Matt
(#464)
Old

Car: 2011 550i
Default Drivetrain Malfunction Codes - 02-07-2016, 02:34 PM

Have had the Stage 2 tune uninstalled for 4 - 6 months, reinstalled today and received drivetrain malfunction on startup

Have there been any recent firmware updates I can download? Unfortunately, this has been a recurring problem, and I think I am about to ditch the Stage 2...so much fun when it actually works though, tough to let go
(#465)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2016, 03:39 PM

Without reading the fault codes who knows what the issue might be or how to best solve it. Once you have the fault code you are triggering it should be easier to narrow down the cause.

Burger Motorsports

(#466)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPro
Are these normal to see?
Yes those are normal passive faults from the IAT sensor alteration and should not show a light in dash. You can disable that aspect of the tuning if you wish per the first post but it will result in less performance.

Burger Motorsports

(#467)
Old

Car: 2012 750ix
Default 02-10-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Stage1 is preset to 3.0psi and has proven to be very stable/code free. Expect around 40hp. It's pretty noticeable I think. For the ease of install and low cost is an excellent way to go.
Terry, I just purchased a Stage 2 for my 750ix. If I just run the default settings, what hp gain can I expect and is it stable/code free in this mode, so to speak?
(#468)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2016, 11:19 AM

As long as the car is in good shape you won't have any faults. But so many need new injectors, plugs, MAF sensors, etc. There are dynos on the website with reflect the default settings.

Burger Motorsports

(#469)
Old

Car: bmw n63
Default 02-22-2016, 02:15 AM

Does the jb4 for the n63 still only come with one map? Is so what are the other maps?
(#470)
Old

Car: BMW F10 550i 2011
Default 03-07-2016, 05:34 PM

Hi Terry, quick question please. Do you guys accept PayPal to sell Stage 2 for N63?
(#471)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tko
Does the jb4 for the n63 still only come with one map? Is so what are the other maps?
We don't have a JB4 for the n63.

Burger Motorsports

(#472)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550i_scorp
Hi Terry, quick question please. Do you guys accept PayPal to sell Stage 2 for N63?
Email the sales department for anything order related.

Burger Motorsports

(#473)
Old

Default 03-19-2016, 07:16 AM

Hi Terry,
Just received my N63 Stage 2 full kit today, so excited to install it.

I have a questions please:

Can you send the installation instructions for the full kit (not the upgrade) installation of N63 stage 2. I looked into various website and youtube videos but nothing explains it from stock 550i to BMS stage 2.

Thanks a lot

Last edited by 550i_scorp; 03-19-2016 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Got the answer for my second question
(#474)
Old

Car: X5 50i Beast
Default 03-21-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550i_scorp
Hi Terry,
Just received my N63 Stage 2 full kit today, so excited to install it.

I have a questions please:

Can you send the installation instructions for the full kit (not the upgrade) installation of N63 stage 2. I looked into various website and youtube videos but nothing explains it from stock 550i to BMS stage 2.

Thanks a lot
Stage 2 installs just like Stage 1 with a connection to each of the two TMAP connections on the front side of the intercoolers. Then you add in the 8 wires to the ECU per the upgrade instructions for Stage 2.

Currently:
2015 GTi w/PP, JB4
2020 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring

Gone but not forgotten:
2012 X5 50i MSport, JB Stage 2
2009 335i JB4
2006 330i
(#475)
Old

Default 03-21-2016, 10:49 AM

Got it! Thanks for the reply @335ilurker
Everything is installed now. I have a bluetooth kit with it. So my question is: Should I connect BMS S2 first to my laptop first? I mean is it OK to skip the PC step and go ahead to coonect it to bluetooth kit?
Thank you very much.