JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#426)
Old

Car: m3
Default 07-14-2015, 07:09 PM

I'm wanting stage 2 as well for my 11 x5 50i. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find performance parts. +2 e70 x5 50i
(#427)
Old

Car: '13 X5 50i, '07 335i E93
Default 07-15-2015, 07:23 PM

deleted

Last edited by Wilyumz; 07-16-2015 at 09:51 PM..
(#428)
Old

Default 07-16-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's just not a popular enough platform for us to have invested in the testing.
Terry, is there a notable difference between the N63 in the 5, 6 & 7 series and the N63 in the X5?
(#429)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyumz
Terry, is there a notable difference between the N63 in the 5, 6 & 7 series and the N63 in the X5?
The DME is in a different area and I'm not sure if the tune is fully compatible. I think a few have run it but since we haven't done the R&D we can't really sell it for the application. If you like to tinker you're welcome to try it and return it if it doesn't work out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#430)
Old

Default 07-17-2015, 05:48 PM

Ok thanks Terry.
Yeah, I like to tinker and I'm under warranty for another 50k so definitely gonna try it. Hooking it up won't be an issue I can make that happen, the tune will be the only question mark. Really would like to add meth as well to help keep everything "happy", only thing holding me back there is the problem of returning to stock if it needs to go to the dealer. Did anybody come up with a better option, or are the tubes still the best placement for the nozzles?
(#431)
Old

Car: 2011 550i n63
Default 09-05-2015, 06:08 PM

VHey guys. I Have a few questions:

1) is there any plans for stage 3 for n63
2) Does the meth kit integrate with the n63 jb4 stage 2, or no because of the lack of Cann Bus reading.
3) when running logging it does not seem to record my rpms correctly, is this normal?
4) what are suggested settings for stock n63 550i with jb4 stage 2 and evolution Racing ******* ********* on 93 octane, and on 110 octane
(#432)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natecbarrett
VHey guys. I Have a few questions:

1) is there any plans for stage 3 for n63
2) Does the meth kit integrate with the n63 jb4 stage 2, or no because of the lack of Cann Bus reading.
3) when running logging it does not seem to record my rpms correctly, is this normal?
4) what are suggested settings for stock n63 550i with jb4 stage 2 and evolution Racing ******* ********* on 93 octane, and on 110 octane
1) No as the N63 platform is turbo limited after Stage2.
2) Yes it's compatible but there is little benefit. We don't suggest it. Just a few gallons of 100 octane unleaded racing fuel is enough to max the car out.
3) Stage2 logs only boost and fuel pressure for each bank.
4) The default settings. Do not use leaded racing fuel, though, it will damage the o2 sensors.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#433)
Old

Default 09-06-2015, 06:18 AM

Whats a safe boost setting to run if running sunoco 104?

also Is the lack of pulling more power out of the n63 motor computer related, or motor related. It seems like there should be a way to pull alot more out of it via some different fuel/timing maps
(#434)
Old

Default 09-10-2015, 07:05 AM

does anyone else have this issue? When i shift from first to second at the strip, and i get some tire spin in first, my rpms climb in 2nd, then drop, and then it seems like i loose all boost, or computer is advancing timing, until i shift into third then everything is good.

its really weird , and i cant figure out whats going on
(#435)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2015, 09:48 AM

If you loose traction the DME will close the throttle and blow off all your boost out of the diverter valves.

Burger Motorsports

(#436)
Old

Default 09-10-2015, 10:01 AM

even when i turn DSC completely off?
(#437)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2015, 10:07 AM

Right. Once you break traction there is no load to hold boost with.

Burger Motorsports

(#438)
Old

Default 09-10-2015, 10:25 AM

Is there any way to keep it from happening?
(short of not loosing traction)
(#439)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2015, 11:26 AM

Without a detailed log I don't know exactly what is happening, so only guessing that is the issue. You control the torque output with the gas pedal so may need to be careful with that to avoid spinning.

Burger Motorsports

(#440)
Old

Default 09-10-2015, 11:55 AM

I can log what ever u want to see. I have the bavarian Technic, and your JB4 Stage 2 but that only monitors fuel and boost.
(#441)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2015, 06:31 PM

Boost is a good start.

Burger Motorsports

(#442)
Old

Default 09-11-2015, 12:55 PM

Ok i will log that for you ASAP. Also, Is the p3cars guage compatible with the jb4? will it read true boost or just the boost the dme sees? is there a way to tap into the map sensor with the p3cars guage to read the true boost if not?
(#443)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2015, 10:09 AM

You have to tap in to the boost signal to read accurate boost. And it can interfere with the JB4's CANbus. But n63 Stage2 does not use CANbus so you'd be OK on that front. It's a really nice gauge I say go for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#444)
Old

Default 09-16-2015, 06:04 AM

Do u have instructions on where to tap into?

Also, MY next delema is I found the issue with 2nd gear...my clutch is slpping...i need to find an aftermarket clutch/flywhel for my car, so you know of any at all????
any help would be greatly appreciated
(#445)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2015, 09:56 AM

TMAP sensor yellow wire.

550tu clutch is normally used.

Burger Motorsports

(#446)
Old

Default 09-16-2015, 10:58 AM

The 550tu clucthc differs from my sotck clutch? and what about flywheel?
(#447)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2015, 12:42 PM

Best to get with someone more knowledgeable about the subject.

Burger Motorsports

(#448)
Old

Default 09-16-2015, 03:32 PM

Does it matter wgicg harensss i tap into for the yellow wire? the one that plugs intpo the tmap sensor, or the one that connects to the old tmap connection?
(#449)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2015, 08:43 PM

The one that goes to the TMAP sensor.

Burger Motorsports

(#450)
Old

Default Looking for clutch/flywheel` - 09-23-2015, 01:28 PM

Hi,
Anyone know anyone who make aftermarket clutch/liteweight flywheel for 2011 550i?? i need one badly any help appreciated