N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: m240I
Default JB4 issues - 12-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Hello guys!
I have a couple of issues

Just installed B58 JB4 on my M240I.

The first is that I have great issues, trying to change maps. I have digital guages, the same as M2 LCI and instead of the needles holding stead like on older cars, my needles bounce So i dont know which menu I am in.
The reason i go this way is because I dont have any bluetooth adapter.

Problem 2) After starting up the car I got fault codes that my parking sensors
Does not work and not either park assist.

See youtube link https://youtu.be/B_2_PEnt9JU

Any ideas what i can do?
I downloaded Juice Box 4 Interface but apparently it does not work with an Esys cable to OBD so Im going to find an USB to OBD CABLE tomorrow and see if I can change Map and read and delete the fault codes as I cant do it through the speedo/tach.

Regards
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 12-01-2018, 06:23 PM

That looks crazy, haha. Just get the JB4 Mobile Bluetooth adapter. It might be a while before Terry figures that dash out. Plus, you need to be logging!

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2018, 06:58 PM

On the bouncing needles with new dash types we're working on it. Would speed things up if we could find a local car with the issue. As suggested JB4 Mobile until then is a great alternative!

On the parking sensor maybe just a bug from disconnecting battery? Often those things resolve themselves in a day or two.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: C
Default 12-02-2018, 01:54 AM

Just to confirm, there's two methods of connecting the car to the JB4 Mobile app: 1.) device to OTG cable to BMS data cable or 2.) bluetooth kit?
(#5)
Old

Car: C
Default 12-02-2018, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba8523
Just to confirm, there's two methods of connecting the car to the JB4 Mobile app: 1.) device to OTG cable to BMS data cable or 2.) bluetooth kit?
I have an Android.
(#6)
Old

Car: m240I
Default 12-02-2018, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the bouncing needles with new dash types we're working on it. Would speed things up if we could find a local car with the issue. As suggested JB4 Mobile until then is a great alternative!

On the parking sensor maybe just a bug from disconnecting battery? Often those things resolve themselves in a day or two.

Thanks for answer, the BMS cable needs to be connected from JB4 to computer right?
The parking sensors issues went away after borrowing my friends Carly and removing the fault codes.
Tried to do that through the speedo yesterday but it was a little bit hard haha
(#7)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW M2 LCI DCT
Default 06-30-2019, 07:22 PM

Hi,

Has there been an update for this? My 17 LCI M2 still has this bouncing guages issue when I hold down the BC button.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2019, 08:26 PM

Yes email me for it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW M2 LCI DCT
Default 06-30-2019, 08:43 PM

Email sent ...
(#10)
Old

Car: M240i Sunset Orange
Default 07-16-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes email me for it!
Iím having same issue, whatís your email?