N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M sport
Default 06-26-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You may need to make that change at some point.. We'd have to add JB4 support for changing between sensors too then.
Any word on the eta for this?

2018 BMW M550i
BMS JB4
1/4 mile 11.0 @ 125
(#152)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2019, 03:35 PM

Some G chassis N63TU have 3.5bar already. Working on reconciling what cars have what right now.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#153)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M sport
Default 06-26-2019, 04:21 PM

Is there any more headroom left on the fuelling side though? I see the trims maxed out at 44 in my logs I posted previously. AFR's look decent

2018 BMW M550i
BMS JB4
1/4 mile 11.0 @ 125
(#154)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2019, 06:33 PM

You'll need your own thread for individual tuning advice specific to your car, mods, goals, etc.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#155)
Old

Car: 2019 BMW M550i
Default Double check MAP sensor location intercooler - 07-19-2019, 04:15 PM

For all here who have actually installed on the 2019 or recent BMW M550i G series motor. I know after discussing with Terry and many others at Burger there are two intercoolers as described in the directions. One of the driver and passenger side of car. At the very bottom of the intercoolers is a sensor that is what appears to be BOLTED to the intercooler. As there is no picture in the instructions of the install as to where it is exactly or also what it looks like. I have taken two pictures. The first is the engine bay area on the passenger side of engine. The second picture is of the passenger side intercooler but looking toward the very bottom of it at what I think is the MAP or TMAP sensor I need to connect the JB4 to for hookup. I want to double check that this appears to be the correct sensor I should be disconnecting and hooking up the JB4 4 wire connections to both passenger side and driver side intercoolers. Thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by BRICKYARD; 07-19-2019 at 05:32 PM..
(#156)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2019, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the photos!

Burger Motorsports

(#157)
Old

Car: 2019 BMW M550i
Default 07-19-2019, 05:31 PM

Is that the correct sensor Terry from any advice or evidence that you may know of?

Quote:
Thanks for the photos!

(#158)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2019, 06:48 PM

Yes the 2nd photo down attached the intercooler directly.

Burger Motorsports

(#159)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 07-21-2019, 03:08 PM

Has this been tested on the N63R yet in the 8 series and 7 LCI? The M550 gets that same motor starting Week 37, and the X5 and X6 are getting M50i versions with it too. Wondering if it can get to 600 with just a JB4.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 F150 Lightning
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
(#160)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2019, 10:02 AM

I'm not sure, I think I've seen some N63R logs but I don't know what the true tuning potential is going to be yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#161)
Old

Car: X5 m50i
Default 09-07-2019, 06:56 PM

Hey everyone, just acquired a 2020 X5 M50i. Still getting used to the truck as it has less than 100 miles. I know there is a JB4 plug in for it, just curious to if theres been any real # figures. Looking forward to meet new owners and hopefully being able to provide some feedback.
(#162)
Old

Car: BMW 440XI MPPSK
Default 09-08-2019, 04:43 AM

My M550 is on order

Still have my 440 mppsk with jb4 - soon to be retired

Looking forward to sharing my logs

Any advice with the 2020?
(#163)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2019, 06:34 PM

Burger Motorsports

(#164)
Old

Car: M850i
Default Ď19 m850i JB4 experience? - 10-20-2019, 09:28 AM

Noob here... just took delivery of 19 m850i. Clearly it needs a tune... Had a jb4 on my 2 series and loved it, so looking to add to the new ride. Install instructions for G15 look a bit different than my engine bay. Any experience out there with installation/tune of a JB4 on a 2019 m850i? (Iím new to the N63 naming, but I think mine has the N63TU3). Thanks all!
(#165)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 10-20-2019, 11:40 AM

N63B44D in the 850. Same as the 2020-up 750 LCI, M550, and X5/X6 M50i.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 F150 Lightning
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
(#166)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-20-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IRATNL
Noob here... just took delivery of 19 m850i. Clearly it needs a tune... Had a jb4 on my 2 series and loved it, so looking to add to the new ride. Install instructions for G15 look a bit different than my engine bay. Any experience out there with installation/tune of a JB4 on a 2019 m850i? (Iím new to the N63 naming, but I think mine has the N63TU3). Thanks all!
It's the same connection points, TMAP sensors on the intercooler. I don't think i have any 850i specific photos although hopefully someone here can post them for you. Or post photos of your engine bay and I can MSPAINT in where the sensors are.

Burger Motorsports

(#167)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 10-20-2019, 11:05 PM

On the N63B the sensors are all the way at the bottom of the intercoolers.

Number 11 in the diagram.
Attached Images

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 F150 Lightning
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
(#168)
Old

Default 10-21-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
N63B44D in the 850. Same as the 2020-up 750 LCI, M550, and X5/X6 M50i.
Perfect, thanks... much easier with the B58....
(#169)
Old

Default 10-21-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
It's the same connection points, TMAP sensors on the intercooler. I don't think i have any 850i specific photos although hopefully someone here can post them for you. Or post photos of your engine bay and I can MSPAINT in where the sensors are.
Thanks Terry,
I'll post some pics tonight/tomorrow. It looks like it may be easier to get to the TMAP sensor.

D
(#170)
Old
Anti-Social

Default Today, 01:21 PM

Im wondering if the harness is going to be long enough to reach the TMAPs? On my 750 pre-LCI it was pretty tight.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 F150 Lightning
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T