N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-20-2015, 04:58 PM

We've found our hybrid off the shelf flash maps work great. One customer ran 133mph and another 130mph using these maps with PURE and VT2 turbos, and JB4 set to around 25psi.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old

Car: 1M N54
Default 10-21-2015, 06:20 AM

Hello, thx for all.
I need more info: We need 1 or 2 RB PCV valve ?
And where is she ? I don't find this.

Have you some pics ?

Thx a lot !
(#78)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-21-2015, 08:57 AM

Just 1 PCV, it's behind the PCV screw on cap.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old

Default 10-25-2015, 07:33 AM

I have some trouble with my French numbered bmw 1M,
It is what we call in France the goat

It means that it makes holes in the acceleration

I have an engine defect that lights, I will tomorrow, disconnect the battery, 15 minutes to reset the boxes. (I had left the key in the ignition by removing the battery...)

The module window, flashing, etc no longer works so I was unable to bring the car home from the garage.

I however would echo what research Monday, however could you help me on the following points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

1) Larger than OEM turbos require a back end flash map to be loaded via the BB free software or MHD software. While the maps are similar we suggest using MHD software if possible as there is some additional tuning flexibility with the calculated torque and load limits that makes the back end flash map a little better.
How do this ?
I don't understand this explain ( i'm french )

Quote:

2) We strongly suggest the N20 3.5bar TMAP sensor and required adapter on our site. This will allow proper boost control up to 36psi. The OEM sensor can not see/control much over 20psi.
I have done change the N20 3.5bar TMAP

Quote:
3) We strongly suggest a BMS OCC, RB PCV valve, and a high flow inlet system with larger turbos.
DONE

Quote:
4) Use the flash map that most appropriately matches the octane to be used. For pump gas no meth use PUMP, for pump gas with meth or light E85 or race gas mixtures use RACE, and for 40% E85 or more use E85.
I use Normal gas so : map 1 - 2 or other ?

Quote:
5) For E85 no meth we suggest adding in TBI or port injection.
no concern me, i think

Quote:
6) Larger turbos may require special duty bias adjustments to get boost on target. We're currently testing some modified OEM specific JB4 firmware changes to duty bias adjustment and spool up logic and will update this thread with the details when we have them.
I don't understand this too

Quote:
7) We'd suggest starting with a low map like map 2 to evaluate boost control and then working up from there. We'll post some JB4 map suggestions by fuel type shortly.
okok i go try in map 2
(#80)
Old

Default 10-26-2015, 08:35 AM

Hi,
When i put N20 3.5bar TMAP sensor I have motor error. And trouble and hole with acceleration
(#81)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 10-26-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow
Hi,
When i put N20 3.5bar TMAP sensor I have motor error. And trouble and hole with acceleration
Did you tell the JB4 that you are running the 3.5 bar TMAP sensor?

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#82)
Old

Default 10-26-2015, 09:01 AM

No I don't. How do that ?

I have a second trouble I have so much oil escap from center of turbo.
The problem is related? or it just simply turbo.
(#83)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 10-27-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow
No I don't. How do that ?
In the JB4 program you will see a N20 0/1, set it to 1.
(#84)
Old

Default 10-27-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhiz
I do this tomorrow morning !!

My hybrid turbos piss oil through the centre, this may be linked to the JB4?

This seem weird to me because two slurs
It is a leak! as if he had too much pressure or that the turbo is dead at the level of the sealing, but both at the same time?

Last edited by Drow; 10-27-2015 at 03:56 PM..
(#85)
Old

Car: 2008 335i E90
Default 10-28-2015, 10:40 AM

I'm fbo, with RBs. No meth. No inlets. No N20. If I'm running 30% E85, should I use the race flash, or the hybrid? I never tried the hybrid, but the race flash feels nasty on map 5.

2008 e90 6mt
FBO/BMS meth
RB turbos
RB inlets
G5 iso
back end flash
fuel-it stg 2
(#86)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 10-28-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoepac11
I'm fbo, with RBs. No meth. No inlets. No N20. If I'm running 30% E85, should I use the race flash, or the hybrid? I never tried the hybrid, but the race flash feels nasty on map 5.
I used the difference tool in TunerPro between MHD_HYBRID_E85 and MHD_E85. The Hybrid flash runs slightly less timing and richer AFR.

----------------------------------------------------
14 F30 335xi AT- Built Closed-Deck N55, SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374C, MHD Flash, xHP Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
----------------------------------------------------
16 Audi S6 - APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU flash, APR Exhaust, SRM Intakes
(#87)
Old

Default 10-28-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhiz
Perfect ! Thx a lot !

There is no error anymore !
But I don't have so much power 0-3000 tr/min like no turbo, but my trubo piss ol, so i gonna mount my OEM turbo again.

If no oil, i send my Hybrid turbo for repair & tests

I give you in touch.

I have enter this parameter : It's OK for Hybrid turbo ?

do not pay attention to the rest, because I took a picture on the net, I put the same information for the part to the left but right, I well validated for the N20

Last edited by Drow; 10-28-2015 at 02:59 PM..
(#88)
Old

Car: 2008 335i E90
Default 10-29-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmonteiro444
I used the difference tool in TunerPro between MHD_HYBRID_E85 and MHD_E85. The Hybrid flash runs slightly less timing and richer AFR.
I'm just using the BB software, so that option is out. I'm just gonna try it out and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip though.

2008 e90 6mt
FBO/BMS meth
RB turbos
RB inlets
G5 iso
back end flash
fuel-it stg 2
(#89)
Old

Default 11-04-2015, 04:29 PM

Setting all duty bias tuning rpm fields to 50 would essentially disable it (like when I had it set to 0 before) regardless of what fud is set to, right?

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#90)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2015, 10:01 PM

50 runs the internal curve without modification. But if you go FUD = 95 like we suggest for the larger turbos, then we've removed RPM gain from that internal curve. So you'll need to have duty bias ramp up as a function of RPM at some slope that will vary based on the actual turbos and inlets used.

Burger Motorsports

(#91)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 11-15-2015, 06:27 PM

I think I am going to give a JB4 a go. I have upgraded twins, inlets on the way, a clutch on the way and want to be able to easily run > 21psi if needed. You can flash using MHD on map 0 right? 5xx for the integration it provides seems like a really great deal.
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-15-2015, 06:28 PM

Right just set the JB4 to map0 when using the OBDII port.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 11-16-2015, 01:12 PM

Need some advise terry..
My car is bmw 335i e92 2007 n54 rhd 6at.
Mods are ;
Jb4 g5iso
Bms dci
Bms occ
Bms cabin filter
Vrsf ***
Fmic
Hybrid turbos td04
Vtt inlet 2"
Mhd/bms flash race
Ron97 shell
Meth w fsb jb4 settings 60addy and 50scale and fub set 2.
My question is, is it ok if i set to fub 2? Since this setup gvs me major boost!! I really love it!
I need this since drag race is only for 300metres. With fub 2, my torque is incredible.
Launch with 2nd gear and 2k rpm.
But is it ok? Only use meth when racing, otherwise pump flash.

_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#94)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2015, 01:14 PM

Option 2 for meth is spray and pray. The JB4 will not hold boost lower until meth is spooling and will not consider knock while meth is flowing. If using racing gas its fine but I don't think its a good idea for pump gas.

Burger Motorsports

(#95)
Old

Default 11-16-2015, 01:19 PM

What if i put more meth since i have access with 100% meth

BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#96)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2015, 01:38 PM

That has nothing to do with the nature of the setting and meth safety system.

Burger Motorsports

(#97)
Old

Default 11-16-2015, 01:49 PM

Ok understood!

(#98)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 11-20-2015, 05:32 PM

Subscribed.

2008 535i E60
Custom stage 3 lpfp 100% e85
Fuel it port injection
M5 rear end and driveshaft
6AT --> 6MT
PT 6466
(#99)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i n54 coupe (2006)
Default 11-23-2015, 03:54 PM

So i just set FUD=95, set the target boost per RPM, and scale duty bias up to match FF curve with PWM? Dont need to lock the curve, shape it and unlock it as we do without FUD=95? As for PID, shall i keep it in stock value 25 or shall io start with 15 and adapt it to the result curves? And in the end of the tuning I keep FUD=95 for daily driving and WOT or turn it to 0 again?
Just to make sure if I complete understood.
Thanks in advance

E92 335i coupe 10/2006 @ BMS DCI ; JB4 G5 ISO ; AR Design 3" DPs ; APEX EC7 18" wheels ; BMS OCC ; BEF ; MMP inlets & outlets ; RB PCV valve ; Vibrant ressonators
(#100)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2015, 10:39 AM

Soon FUD=95 will be the default setting if running a 3.5bar TMAP sensor. Which will require you to enter a duty bias curve that goes up as RPM goes up. Until then you'll just have to tune it in without locking FF.

Burger Motorsports