N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default BMS S55 OCC Under Development! - 07-13-2015, 03:14 PM

We've started to see a need for an add on air/oil separator for the S55 platform, especially for those running 25psi and higher boost levels, so I'm pleased to announce a product is currently under development.

Teaser photo.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: F80
Default 07-13-2015, 03:45 PM

Terry what's the benefit of using this? Any additional information you can provide?
(#3)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 07-13-2015, 03:54 PM

Lol T you're making me spend more and more money on this car :D
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taimur
Terry what's the benefit of using this? Any additional information you can provide?
It will make all your wildest dreams come true. And also help keep oil & blowby out of your intake system. Typical OCC stuff. What we need to evaluate is just how good the factory air/oil separator is at the higher boost levels. I'm sure it's OK at 15psi. But at 25-30psi, might be another story. We have reason to believe this OCC will help quite a bit. But we'll see how testing goes.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 07-13-2015, 10:01 PM

Alright let's start aggressive driving and see how much oil it will catch

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#6)
Old

Car: 2014 650i Gran Coupe M sport
Default Catch can might be a little too late - 12-10-2018, 01:02 PM

So I noticed the new oil catch can on the web site. But can anyone help me with what to do if I知 already plagued with quite a bit of oil in the intake on an f06 M6 S63tu. It started out of the blue with cylinder 2 misfires and now lots of smoke that increases with throttle any help is greatly appreciated
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-10-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGH
So I noticed the new oil catch can on the web site. But can anyone help me with what to do if I知 already plagued with quite a bit of oil in the intake on an f06 M6 S63tu. It started out of the blue with cylinder 2 misfires and now lots of smoke that increases with throttle any help is greatly appreciated
Sounds like a piston ring issue if you're getting smoke from the exhaust. Compression or leakdown test would be next.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 12-10-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Sounds like a piston ring issue if you're getting smoke from the exhaust. Compression or leakdown test would be next.
I had considered that. Although it had ever been a concern and literally started immediately after filling up with gas from close to a empty tank. The other item that is worth noting is the previous day I added oil and missed the fill tube and nearly a half of a quart poured all over the left bank and right above the number 2 cylinder. ( the one I知 getting the misfires on) I知 wondering if it was enough to effect it inbthis manner. I知 thinking of the way things happen with a valve over leak. Seems possible
(#9)
Old

Default 12-10-2018, 02:58 PM

Also the plug was very black but when I replace the plug and rev and idle for 20 minutes the plug is like new without even a tiny bit darkness to be seen at all. Don’t know if that’s relevant