N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#11176)
Old

Car: 08 135i
Default 02-19-2018, 06:46 PM

Sorry if I missed it, but what is the default setting for:

Default Wastegate Position (DWP): Menu 10 (0-5000rpm)

and

Pedal input: Menu 11 (0-5000rpm)
(#11177)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2018, 06:34 PM

DWP normally 3000rpm, pedal input normally 1500rpm.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11178)
Old

Car: 08 135i
Default 02-20-2018, 06:42 PM

Thank you sir!
(#11179)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 02-20-2018, 08:22 PM

Terry, is this true also for hybrid turbos (MMP)?

E92 335xi
(#11180)
Old
Chi-Town Cruiser

Car: 2011 BMW 335is
Default 02-21-2018, 03:12 PM

If my JB4 firmware version was: 28/02/ /2 before any firmware updates, would my G5 board have diodes I need to remove or would the chip have been sent with them already removed?

Thank you!

All aboard the Lakeshore Drive Express!
(#11181)
Old
Chi-Town Cruiser

Default 02-23-2018, 08:49 PM

Terry:

What does the JB4 setting: "6 Cylinder Timing Logging" do?

In the setting post it says to set it to 7 for my car (INA0S) but the default setting my car had when I updated the firmware was 15. Does this need to be fixed?

(#11182)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2018, 09:11 PM

Set to match your DME software version so timing in cyl2-6 can be properly logged.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11183)
Old

Car: bmw 535xi
Default 02-24-2018, 11:40 AM

Hello, i havee60 535xi i buy new turbins with big wings, i want know it will be a problem for jb maps, in dailly driving or in raicing
(#11184)
Old
Chi-Town Cruiser

Default 02-24-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Set to match your DME software version so timing in cyl2-6 can be properly logged.
Thank you!

(#11185)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335xi JB4 G5 DP DCI BOV
Default 03-04-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Why that one specifically ?
After update to 32.10 from 32.6 I started having issues with using mhd, and xhp. I don't want to have to uninstall my jb4 Everytime I need to update or do something with the obd port.

2007 335XI SEDAN // JB4 G5 // BMS METH KIT // VRSF ** // AFE DCI // ER CP W/ TIAL BOV // MMP SILICONE INLETS // XHP 6AT FLASH // TREBILA BEF // BMS OCC // VRSF EXHAUST // FUEL-IT STAGE 2 LPFP // VRSF FMIC // //
(#11186)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908
After update to 32.10 from 32.6 I started having issues with using mhd, and xhp. I don't want to have to uninstall my jb4 Everytime I need to update or do something with the obd port.
No known issues so whatever is going on is unique to something you're doing. What is the issue exactly?

Burger Motorsports

(#11187)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335xi JB4 G5 DP DCI BOV
Default 03-04-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
No known issues so whatever is going on is unique to something you're doing. What is the issue exactly?
So the other day I was trying to update my transmission using xhp. It failed, and I couldn't drive the car. Kept trying to connect and reflash it but kept failing. So I ready through the user guide which said in most cases if you have jb4, setting it to map 0 wasn't enough. They still had to remove the jb4. Now I'm flashed my tranny multiple time prior using xhp without having to remove jb4. The only thing I did different this time was I updated the jb4 from 32.6 to 32.10 so maybe there is something different that isn't allowing it to flash? If I get a copy of 32.6 I can confirm. I also really don't want to have to remove jb4 Everytime I need to flash the tranny

2007 335XI SEDAN // JB4 G5 // BMS METH KIT // VRSF ** // AFE DCI // ER CP W/ TIAL BOV // MMP SILICONE INLETS // XHP 6AT FLASH // TREBILA BEF // BMS OCC // VRSF EXHAUST // FUEL-IT STAGE 2 LPFP // VRSF FMIC // //
(#11188)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2018, 12:31 PM

I've flashed the trans on the latest firmware without issue on map0, many times. Anyone else had a similar issue? If so we can dig in to the cause and try to correct it.

Burger Motorsports

(#11189)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2018, 10:20 AM

Working on an update to the WMI engine to streamline how meth flow is displayed.

On the current firmware a value of 0-100% is displayed based on flow and then the meth scaling is used by the JB4 to set the flow percentage for "full flow". Generally, a value of 60 or 60%. This leads to an expected variance of meth flow of 60-100% for full flow and confuses customers who are wondering why it's not at 100% if everything is fine.

With the test firmware I adjusted the algorithm so the meth flow scaling value determines the 100% set point of the flow gauge. So 100% is full flow and anything less than 100% is not full flow. I think it will reduce customer confusion and make logs more readable. There is no performance difference in terms of the JB4 mapping or actual WMI flow. A value of 60 will remain the default and can still be raised or lowered depending on the WMI pump used and situation.

If anyone is interested in helping test it out drop me an email for the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#11190)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-10-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I've flashed the trans on the latest firmware without issue on map0, many times. Anyone else had a similar issue? If so we can dig in to the cause and try to correct it.
In my case I do have to remove jb4 every time I want to flash with xhp
(#11191)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-10-2018, 03:42 PM

Terry, how can I adjust pi to start spraying earlier? I would like and even to start the secondary pump earlier? I am using the bms pi controler for secondary and pi.
Thx
(#11192)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2018, 03:51 PM

The PI controller spools up the pump as soon as there a request out for WMI. If you need help you'd have to email in or make a support thread though, we don't do individual assistance in general threads.

Burger Motorsports

(#11193)
Old
Chi-Town Cruiser

Default G5 ISO Diodes - 03-12-2018, 03:51 PM

What symptoms would I see if the G5 board has diodes still on but I run the most recent firmware?

I am concerned that the previous owner upgraded to a G5 board prior to the ISO version and I have been running the latest firmware for about two weeks now.

I'm planning on opening the JB4 tonight to check but I want to be sure I can cut the diodes without any other firmware updates if they are still there. Am I safe to do that?

(#11194)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2018, 03:55 PM

Major over boost despite WGDC being low.

Burger Motorsports

(#11195)
Old
Chi-Town Cruiser

Default 03-13-2018, 03:00 PM

Just check and it looks like my board is a G5 ISO board.

I tried posting an image but the site wont let me

(#11196)
Old

Car: bmw e90 335i
Default JB4 Smart Phone Wireless REV3 - 03-17-2018, 07:19 AM

Does anybody knows where the blue cable connects? There's no instructions for that.

Thanks
(#11197)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2018, 09:11 AM

Check the REV3 directions: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

Burger Motorsports

(#11198)
Old

Default 03-17-2018, 10:33 AM

Can't pair the bluethooth. Used 1234 and 0000.
(#11199)
Old

Default 03-17-2018, 01:59 PM

UPDATE:
out of nowhere it connected by itself.
(#11200)
Old

Car: 2007 bmw 335 jb4 g5iso tial bov Phoenix racing cp
Default Totally lost - 03-17-2018, 06:49 PM

Ok so basically, I have a 2007 335 n54, 6mt, jb4 g5 iso, stock gutted down *****, jb4 g5 iso, 2step relay, dci. The problem ive been having is my car likes to stumble under throttle, and my afr1 and afr2 are varying from 14 on bank 1 and 17.6 on bank 2. I updated my jb4 g5 iso, from 32.8 to 32.10 and now when I try to rev match downshift my car decides to 2step while I'm driving and jerks very hard when I put it in second. I just need some insight.