N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2376)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrelltechsup
Oh don't you worry. I found it. One floor jack, one jack stand, one 10mm socket, 8 bolts and 1 pop rivet later. Thanks again for taking a look at it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2377)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4RTYH4RTY
I've attached 2 logs; I started each log between 2k and 3k rpm in 2nd gear. I'm running map 3 with e30.

I don't know if this would have any affect, but when I uninstalled the fuel wires the first time around, I noticed a few of the internal wire strands had been pinched off when screwing/unscrewing them in; I ended up just reinstalling them as is. Should I cut the wire down so all internal strands are still intact? Does this make sense?

Thanks.
As long as the fuel wires are making contact that is fine. I see boost is limited in 2st gear so that is probably part of what you are feeling. You could try setting that to 0. Other than that I don't see any indications of turbo lag or other issue.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2378)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 07-14-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
As long as the fuel wires are making contact that is fine. I see boost is limited in 2st gear so that is probably part of what you are feeling. You could try setting that to 0. Other than that I don't see any indications of turbo lag or other issue.
Thank you for taking a look.

Actually, I only have boost reduced in 1st.

Given that it should be getting more boost in 2nd, why do you think it's not?
(#2379)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 01:48 PM

Set 1st gear to 0 as it goes by road speed currently rather then gear.

Burger Motorsports

(#2380)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 07-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Set 1st gear to 0 as it goes by road speed currently rather then gear.
Ok, Iíll log again this evening.

Thanks.
(#2381)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 07-14-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Thanks for checking the logs Terry. So should I stick to Shell 91 or try Petro 94 for better readings?
(#2382)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 06:18 PM

I'd stay with the 91 appears to be working fine to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#2383)
Old

Default 07-14-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Got in 20 of our unique Stinger zero-service OCC! Get them while they are hot.

https://burgertuning.com/products/bms-stinger-occ

Damn these sold out quick.......when will they be restocked again?
(#2384)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglifesk
Damn these sold out quick.......when will they be restocked again?
Yes we only made 20 the first batch... We're going to wait for people to install them, make sure everyone is as happy as we expect, then we'll do a larger run. Once we start will take around 2 weeks to complete. So maybe 3-4 weeks out realistically?

Burger Motorsports

(#2385)
Old

Default 07-14-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Yes we only made 20 the first batch... We're going to wait for people to install them, make sure everyone is as happy as we expect, then we'll do a larger run. Once we start will take around 2 weeks to complete. So maybe 3-4 weeks out realistically?
I was just thinking of getting the ADD W1 dual catch cans but this seems like a superior product, specially the "no maintenance" part. ill be keeping an eye on this.
(#2386)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 07-16-2019, 08:23 AM

Terry, for the fuel-it sensor, if I am using the meth FSB where does the wire wire from the fuel-it sensor go to provide that data to the JB4? The blue wire for the FSB is currently in location 16 where the white wire from the fuel-it would normally go.

Last edited by ecko04; 07-16-2019 at 08:29 AM..
(#2387)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglifesk
I was just thinking of getting the ADD W1 dual catch cans but this seems like a superior product, specially the "no maintenance" part. ill be keeping an eye on this.

Burger Motorsports

(#2388)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04
Terry, for the fuel-it sensor, if I am using the meth FSB where does the wire wire from the fuel-it sensor go to provide that data to the JB4? The blue wire for the FSB is currently in location 16 where the white wire from the fuel-it would normally go.
It goes in to spot #4 then. Email me for the firmware with that input enabled for the flex fuel input.

Burger Motorsports

(#2389)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default DATA LOGS - 07-16-2019, 12:49 PM

from A recent dyno run we ran maps 1-2-3-5 to see how the car behaved and what power was made learning more about the car how ever the Bluetooth disconnected on map1 and map2 runs not sure why this happened but not as concerning as the car only making 345hp and 424tq max and that was on map5
I have attached the logs i was able to get would love any advice
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-12 16_36_00_Map-5.csv (25.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-12 18_24_44_Map-3.csv (31.0 KB, 22 views)
(#2390)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 07-16-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u/tonyv1990
from A recent dyno run we ran maps 1-2-3-5 to see how the car behaved and what power was made learning more about the car how ever the Bluetooth disconnected on map1 and map2 runs not sure why this happened but not as concerning as the car only making 345hp and 424tq max and that was on map5
I have attached the logs i was able to get would love any advice

That seams low for map 5. I made 375whp on map 2. What kind of octane you running?
(#2391)
Old

Default 07-16-2019, 01:52 PM

91 and yeah it only made 328 on map 2 im getting more worried now ha ha
(#2392)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 07-16-2019, 04:42 PM

Got my catch can today and had it installed in 5 minutes... Thanks Terry!!
(#2393)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallK
Got my catch can today and had it installed in 5 minutes... Thanks Terry!!

Burger Motorsports

(#2394)
Old

Default 07-16-2019, 08:56 PM

Hello Terry,

I have a few questions that I want to verify with you before I install the JB4 to my 2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD.

1. I ordered the denso spark plugs from your site, but will I need to install those for map 1? I am trying to take it slow first then move on to map 2. I am seeing different answer to where map 1 will be able to run with the factory spark plugs. Once I am comfortable with map 1, I was planning to install the denso spark plugs with gap of .22 then move to map 2.

2. Is it best to be in v8 once I install my jb4?

3. I don't want to go to a Kia dealership to get the spark plugs installed and I also don't trust myself to intall it myself. Do you think it is a good idea to find a good mechanic near my area to install the denso spark plugs? (Even though the mechanic may have not dealth with a stinger before.

4. So map 1 needs to use 91 octane and map 2 needs to use 93 octane?

5. If I ever decide to go back to stock from the jb4 tune then all I have to do is take the JB4 plugs out of the vehicle but the denso plugs would still be in the car. Will it be okay for the denso spark plugs with gap .22 to be in a stock stinger GT?

Thank You Terry
(#2395)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2019, 08:27 AM

1) Sometimes map1 works on stock plug gap, sometimes it doesn't.
2) Doesn't really matter. No reason not to run the latest firmware, though.
3) There is a DIY video somewhere around, anyone can do it. Takes an hour or two the first time but maybe 30 min the second.
4) You can run map1 or map2 on 91 octane.
5) Not an issue

Burger Motorsports

(#2396)
Old

Car: 19 Stinger GT1 AWD
Default JB4 freezing - 07-17-2019, 08:54 AM

Hi Terry (and everyone).

This is all regarding a '19 GT1 AWD, running on map 2 with 93 octane.

Last week I noticed some erratic behavior on acceleration (anywhere between 1/2 to full throttle), the car would occasionally 'hiccup' or have a quick drop in power before picking back up. Acceleration was also less linear than it had been. This happened in all drive modes.

I thought it might be bad gas, so I went to a different station for the next tank. Unfortunately, the same funky behavior continued. I tried flashing to v10 from v8, but the checksums didn't match so I went back to v8. I also started using the app to watch gauges and monitor boost while driving to see if I could figure out what's going on.

Whenever I make more than about 10 or 11 pounds of boost, the JB4 display freezes! I try to run logs, but the system will freeze and then record 2 or 3 log sessions rather than just the one. I successfully flashed to v10, but the same thing is happening.

When I run map 0, the car runs a bit smoother but the JB4 still freezes upon hard acceleration.

Any advice on what may be happening, or has anyone experienced similar behavior?

Thanks!

Jeff
(#2397)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-17-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger1971
Hi Terry (and everyone).

Last week I noticed some erratic behavior on acceleration (anywhere between 1/2 to full throttle), the car would occasionally 'hiccup' or have a quick drop in power before picking back up. Acceleration was also less linear than it had been. This happened in all drive modes.

I thought it might be bad gas, so I went to a different station for the next tank. Unfortunately, the same funky behavior continued. I tried flashing to v10 from v8, but the checksums didn't match so I went back to v8. I also started using the app to watch gauges and monitor boost while driving to see if I could figure out what's going on.

Whenever I make more than about 10 or 11 pounds of boost, the JB4 display freezes! I try to run logs, but the system will freeze and then record 2 or 3 log sessions rather than just the one. I successfully flashed to v10, but the same thing is happening.

When I run map 0, the car runs a bit smoother but the JB4 still freezes upon hard acceleration.

Any advice on what may be happening, or has anyone experienced similar behavior?

Thanks!

Jeff
Would you be able to post any of the logs you captured?

Burger Motorsports

(#2398)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger1971
Hi Terry (and everyone).

Thanks!

Jeff
I saw that on our development car once when a factory spark plug was damaged. It would send a jolt back through the electrical system that would cause the JB4 to disable itself for electrical safety purposes.

More recently had a similar issue with a WMI customer and a faulty FSB kicking back an electrical surge.

It's likely something electrical or plug related.

Burger Motorsports

(#2399)
Old

Default 07-17-2019, 10:45 AM

Thanks, Terry. I have the replacement plugs from you guys. You think that could still be it, or can you think of another weak spot in the electrical system worth checking?

Jeff
(#2400)
Old

Default 07-17-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Would you be able to post any of the logs you captured?
Hi Payam. The logs seem to be pretty random, but I'm posting the recent few for you to see. If you think it's worthwhile, we can take the discussion offline, hamburger1971 at hotmail dot com. Some are from map 0, some are map 2 - there wasn't always rhyme or reason to when it recorded, and even when I hit 'start logging' the system might not have stopped when I asked. If there are specific scenarios you'd like me to try and get please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-16 17_32_59_Map-2.csv (1.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-16 17_33_06_Map-2.csv (4.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-16 17_33_09_Map-2.csv (2.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-16 17_44_30_Map-0.csv (2.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-16 17_44_38_Map-0.csv (5.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-16 19_29_59_Map-0.csv (1.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-16 19_30_03_Map-0.csv (2.4 KB, 18 views)