N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster turbo
Default 2nd Gen veloster dct launch control using the JB4 - 07-25-2020, 06:28 AM

Out if curiosity is there a way too get the DCT Veloster too build boost and have a form of launch control using the JB4 ? My recent experience at the drag strip showed me that the DCT is awful at launching off the line. 60FT times are in the 2.4s area. But i will say it hauls ass pretty good after the 60ft. Running 14.076 @101.56mph. Still loving the JB4!
Added a log and video of what it looks like when I'm holding the brake and the gas at the starting line.

http://https://youtu.be/XD3KldVPo-4
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M5_R1_200724_200504.csv (19.7 KB, 6 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2020, 08:24 AM

DCT is always tricky to launch. It's not something I've looked at much as we don't have a DCT Veloster in house full time currently. Is the issue spinning or bogging off the line?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-25-2020, 09:48 AM

I would say lack of rpm as it limits you to 1850 rpm while you hold the brake and gas at the line. And the turbo lag. It would be nice to get the revs up and get out of vacumm and into the boost earlier on.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 08-02-2020, 02:26 PM

You had HTTP twice, that's why the link doesn't work

Drag racing my Jb4 tuned Veloster 1.6T - YouTube
(#5)
Old

Default Yesterday, 09:41 PM

Thanks, I couldn't figure out what I did wrong there.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Ripper
Thanks, I couldn't figure out what I did wrong there.
No problem.