N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1001)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alq80
is there a photo showing how to route it through? I never looked before, and I might have to do this once (if LOL) I get a JB4.
I presume it's the same on LHD cars but there's a nice hole behind the ECU box that leads to behind the glove box. My cable is just coiled up in the glove box.

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#1002)
Old

Default 01-30-2011, 08:14 PM

looking to purchase the jb4. i have a stett performance cold air intake and currently run on 93. is that enough to run map 2? And how much horsepower will i pick up?
(#1003)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2011, 08:18 PM

Normally ********* are the key for running higher boost levels. But in the newest firmware being tested now we've closed the gap a bit between map 1 and 2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1004)
Old

Default 01-30-2011, 08:25 PM

am i safe running map 2? is it equal to map 5 on the jb3? thanks Terry, new to this and could use te advice
(#1005)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2011, 09:13 PM

It's not unsafe but until autotuning is out you may want to stay on the conservative side with map 1.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1006)
Old

Default 01-31-2011, 05:36 AM

Whens the latest release out Terry?

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#1007)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2011, 09:38 AM

Still a couple things to test on it but should have a public update for you guys this week.

Burger Motorsports

(#1008)
Old
They like my swag....

Car: 135i
Default 01-31-2011, 09:54 AM

(#1009)
Old

Car: E92 335i DKG //M
Default 01-31-2011, 10:27 AM

the speedometer has to be 0 for changing maps?

then how do you change the map 2 to map 1 for example? as instructed to exit the command mode, you have to go with the odometer to 0 and press the channel down, as is done to change the map below ...

I do not understand that aspect.
(#1010)
Old

Default 01-31-2011, 10:30 AM

When you hold down the volume and channel select it takes you directly to the map selection menu. Select your map on the tac and then take the speedo to 0 to get back into normal operation.

(#1011)
Old

Default 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Still a couple things to test on it but should have a public update for you guys this week.
Ahhhhh I just de-modded for a dealer service!!! lol

Any hints on what we might see?

(#1012)
Old

Default 01-31-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickcruiser
When you hold down the volume and channel select it takes you directly to the map selection menu. Select your map on the tac and then take the speedo to 0 to get back into normal operation.
must press both buttons simultaneously to exit the command menu?

perhaps it is because of the language, but do not quite understand.
(#1013)
Old

Default 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM

No worries man!

I am not an expert and just trying to help so if Mike or Terry want to jump in I will remove this.

There is a great how to at the beginning of this thread.

To start.
  1. Turn off radio
  2. Press and hold both the volume and channel select down and hold them down until the orange screen appears on your dash.
  3. This is the map selection page and should have 0 on the Speedo and 1 on the tach.
  4. Move your channel select to change the tach to the map you wish to use.
  5. At this point you should see that the speedo is still on 0 and the tach on the map you want
  6. Next, move the volume only down to exit the CAN and your good to go.

Hope that helps and have fun!

(#1014)
Old

Default 01-31-2011, 11:04 AM

very well explained, thanks friend.
(#1015)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 01-31-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Yes!
I was feeling lonely and bored!
(#1016)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Question Firmware Question - 01-31-2011, 02:54 PM

I see on the first post that it has firmware for the 135 and 335, but what about the 535? I'm sure the tune will be compatible, but what about the gauge functions? Thanks in advance.
(#1017)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2011, 02:55 PM

Same firmware for 535i. Gauge functions are all the same, 535 uses 335 calibration mode.

Burger Motorsports

(#1018)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 01-31-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Same firmware for 535i. Gauge functions are all the same, 535 uses 335 calibration mode.
Thanks! I'm sure that was somewhere, but there is info on every thread which is hard to keep up with.

I currently have the 335 P3 vent gauge (v1) custom fit, and will it have any functionability w/JB4, besides pretty boost gauge. I like the extreme ease of the button, but will get use to the gauges.

Too bad I almost die everytime I mess with the iDrive.
(#1019)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2011, 03:39 PM

Just a pretty boost gauge.

Burger Motorsports

(#1020)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2011, 03:45 PM

Added 1/20 interface and 1/21 firmware to the first post for those interested in helping test it. Here is a list of notable changes:

1) If FutureUseD = 1 steering wheel controls are disabled.
2) Changed 1st/2nd gear boost reduction to a boost limit. e.g. enter 10psi for 1st gear and you will never target more than 10psi in 1st gear. Target will never drop below stock 7-8psi target. Pressing steering wheel volume or talk button in 1st or 2nd gear will disable the boost limit.
3) When saving parameters blinkers will flash to let you know they were received.
4) Slightly rescaled the PID FF system
5) Added an algorithm to detect when the TMAP sensor or wire has been unplugged and force a CEL and limp mode.
6) Fixed bug with reading codes from laptop / code 3100 not displaying properly.
7) Expanded the external output / nitrous activation trigger system to include gear, advance, AFR, etc.
8) Rescaled internal AFR reading to include wideband bias for more accurate AFR ratios during sustained logs.
9) Added an algorithm to detect when a 3100 limp mode is active and force a switch to stock mapping while the limp mode is active.
10) Changed map 0 to also disable autoclear regardless of user setting to prevent conflicts with external diagnostic equipment. If you want a stock map w/ CAN functions including autoclear enabled use map 4.
11) Enabled adaptive PID / feed forward scaling. Set FutureUseD = 2 to enable. System learning is on at wide open throttle from 4500rpm to 6700rpm in 3rd and 4th gear.
12) Increased top end performance on map 1.
13) Lowered range in lean run safety. Active when rpm > 5000, TPS=100, and under boost for more than 1 second.

Burger Motorsports

(#1021)
Old
SYTFU Crew

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM

can't wait to get home and update!
T so FutureUseD 2 will enable autotuning?
Have you heard of people's autotuning actually DECREASING performance?
knowing my luck autotuning will decrease my output lol (i've been wondering about this)

(#1022)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM

I dont think Adaptive PID = Autotuning
(#1023)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperSYTFU
can't wait to get home and update!
T so FutureUseD 2 will enable autotuning?
Have you heard of people's autotuning actually DECREASING performance?
knowing my luck autotuning will decrease my output lol (i've been wondering about this)
Adaptive PID is not the same as full "autotuning", but it's an important component to it. It's an algorithm to adapt the boost control to your cars specific wastegate stiffness, mods, local conditions, etc. We'll be building upon it in future releases while we simultaneously add the other components needed.

As you do subsequent WOT pulls you'll see the FFMAX value under user settings adjust itself between 0-130. This represents how much of the duty cycle increase is fixed/hits instantly and how much is variable through the PID process. Ideally you want most of the increase to come through the fixed/feed forward as it will result in you hitting your target much faster than waiting for the PID to integrate to it. But if the value is overly aggressive you'll get overshoot and throttle closure. So the adaptive PID ranges FFMAX based on historic data collected during WOT runs. Right now its ranging one value which scales the entire 3D curve but the next step on adaptive PID will be to have it learn on a cel by cel basis (rpm, gear, target). This gets us 80% of where we'd like to be though with only 20% of the testing and work required.

Burger Motorsports

(#1024)
Old
SYTFU Crew

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 01-31-2011, 06:04 PM

Ahh... I see now! Thanks for the explanation Terry!
Going to log some pulls tomorrow and check it out.

(#1025)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 01-31-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
System learning is on at wide open throttle from 4500rpm to 6700rpm in 3rd and 4th gear.
it's not often this gets to happen in NYC