JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default Do I need the JB4 bluetooth if I'm about to run MHD BEF? - 01-24-2022, 03:06 PM

I have a new JB4 bluetooth module I was about to install but have decided run MHD's BEF and upload using the MHD OBD2 wireless module. Should I return the JB4 and just run the MHD module? I figure I can still monitor and log files from the MHD correct? TIA
(#2)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 01-25-2022, 11:07 AM

JB4 Bluetooth module is not needed to flash MHD. Note when you plug in the MHD OBD2 module the JB4 will automatically turn off (change to MAP 0). You will need to reselect the desired MAP and set JB4 to BEF mode (4/2) once BEF map is installed.

Also, you said you decided to run 'MHD BEF'? BEF maps are provided by JB4, not MHD. If you load a JB4 BEF from this website, the above info applies. Are you just planning to use/buy just MHD's Flasher license to flash JB4 BEF maps or are you purchasing MHD Map packs? MHD provded MAPS are stand alone flash maps and not typically used with JB4.

N54
FBO
E40
JB4
MHD
XHP
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 01-26-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckmc
JB4 Bluetooth module is not needed to flash MHD. Note when you plug in the MHD OBD2 module the JB4 will automatically turn off (change to MAP 0). You will need to reselect the desired MAP and set JB4 to BEF mode (4/2) once BEF map is installed.

Also, you said you decided to run 'MHD BEF'? BEF maps are provided by JB4, not MHD. If you load a JB4 BEF from this website, the above info applies. Are you just planning to use/buy just MHD's Flasher license to flash JB4 BEF maps or are you purchasing MHD Map packs? MHD provded MAPS are stand alone flash maps and not typically used with JB4.
Thank you for the great info. You're are correct that I am currently running a JB4 tune and will be just purchasing the MHD Flasher License to flash JB4 BEF maps. I didn't originally order the JB4 Bluetooth adapter but I decided to buy it a few weeks ago. I haven't installed it so it's still new and returnable. I was thinking since I'll have the orange MHD flasher adapter I can just use that for scanning, monitoring, logging etc. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be "missing" or shortchanging myself with further functionality by returning the JB4 bluetooth adapter. Sounds like I should return it?
(#4)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 01-26-2022, 08:54 AM

JB4 bluetooth adapter adds the ability to wirelessly update JB4 unit firmware, allows for wireless live data display on tablet or phone and the ability to make quick changes to user adjustable settings and you can easily grab logs and review/save/send wirelessly.

All things you need to hardwire to a laptop without. I don't have the MHD OBD or monitor pack so hopefully someone who has used both can add more info for you.

N54
FBO
E40
JB4
MHD
XHP
(#5)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 01-26-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity
Thank you for the great info. You're are correct that I am currently running a JB4 tune and will be just purchasing the MHD Flasher License to flash JB4 BEF maps. I didn't originally order the JB4 Bluetooth adapter but I decided to buy it a few weeks ago. I haven't installed it so it's still new and returnable. I was thinking since I'll have the orange MHD flasher adapter I can just use that for scanning, monitoring, logging etc. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be "missing" or shortchanging myself with further functionality by returning the JB4 bluetooth adapter. Sounds like I should return it?
I think if you use the MHD adapter, even for logging, your JB4 has to be in Map 0, so you would be better off with the JB4 bluetooth adapter for logging and JB4 changes. Keep the MHD adapter for doing BEF updates, adaptation resets, etc.

2011 335is E93 with DCT
JB4 G5 ISO * BMS DCI * VRSF 7.5" Competition FMIC * VRSF dp's * VRSF Chargepipe * VRSF Inlets * Turbosmart Raceport BOV * Fuel-it Stage 2 Bucketless LPFP * Fuel-it Flex fuel kit * Fuel-it CPI kit * RB Turbo External PCV w/ plugged headports and Mishimoto OCC * NGK 2-Step Colder Plugs * MHD E85 BEF