JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default First Logs from jb4 tuner - Stuttering revs - 01-23-2022, 07:25 PM

I installed the jb4 in my 2021 Kia stinger gt Awd today. The first few pulls were good but then there was a stuttering of revving especially when it accelerating hard. It would rev and then rev again quickly after almost like a stutter. Then later it was randomly revving at odd times. Not sure if this is part of the break-In period or normal but wanted to post my logs. The car was definitely fast but the revs felt off. I was running it on map 2 with 93 octane. I did not change any settings. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I want to love my jb4!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R10_220123_2030.csv (140.1 KB, 34 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2022, 09:27 PM

Not seeing anything out of place on your log so not sure what you're referring to or feeling with the "stutter". If it was missing we'd see that in the RPM trace.

What spark plugs and gap?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-23-2022, 09:58 PM

I’m using the hks 45il plugs. I just took the car out for another run and there was no stuttering of any kind. Previously it seemed to be a hitting a very short rev limiter when I floored it. Now it is running fine and by fine I mean absolute insanely fast and smooth. I have uploaded another file. Let me know if all is running ok. Thanks! Maybe there was a calibration period of some kind as I took it out right after the initial install?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_220123_2352.csv (293.2 KB, 32 views)
(#4)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 01-24-2022, 01:42 PM

Logs look good, some minor timing corrections, but no major issues.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 01-24-2022, 02:27 PM

Do the timing issues work themselves out with time? Or do they always exist to some degree? Not sure if the car “learns” the new tune?
(#6)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 01-24-2022, 03:40 PM

They will exist to some degree. Looks like you could handle a bit of E85 if you wanted to try. E85 will help with timing.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flviking
Do the timing issues work themselves out with time? Or do they always exist to some degree? Not sure if the car “learns” the new tune?
The ECU is always trying to advance timing to its upper limit and slowly backing off based on corrections. So generally on pump fuels you'll always have some level of corrections. With E85 mixtures or WMI you can usually reduce knock threshold so high that there are no corrections even at very high boost levels.

Burger Motorsports