JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#4726)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 12-16-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarmstr
Could you please have a look at my log as there is something weird going on.

You will see the first two have an AFR of 14.9 and does not change, I have confirmed that when this happens the JB4 Mobile gauge also stays at 14.9.

After the first two when I noticed this issue I restarted the App and still the same, I then turned the vehicle OFF then ON and the AFR started working again. I then did some runs with the AFR working and it was fine for the next hour.

All other reading/values seem fine so the OBD connection must be good.

Are you aware of this issue and/or what may be causing it?

EDIT: I just went to pick the kids up and I had to restart the vehicle 3 times to get the AFR working, then the engine light came on Code P2626. I have been playing with MAP 6 and was getting it to a good place and now this. I changed it to MAP 0 on the way home and the AFR was fine, so must be something with MAP 6.

Thanks

98 (RON)
Intercooler Resonator Delete
HKS 45 M-Series Spark plugs
MSD Ignition Coils
Takes a Stage 2 Air Intake
Check the OBD-II connection again. Not at the OBD-II plug but the connection to the JB4.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#4727)
Old

Car: G70
Default Log check - 12-21-2021, 04:22 AM

Running Map 2 on 93 octane, intakes, HKS gapped .022, fuel wires and EWG wires set at 50. Trims are low is the timing correction ok? Want to try map 3 if this is ok.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_211216_1836.csv (32.1 KB, 79 views)
(#4728)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJean
Running Map 2 on 93 octane, intakes, HKS gapped .022, fuel wires and EWG wires set at 50. Trims are low is the timing correction ok? Want to try map 3 if this is ok.
It seems pretty normal. I'd prefer to see fewer timing corrections on 93 octane but that is more a function of the fuel quality than anything else.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4729)
Old

Car: G70
Default 12-23-2021, 10:54 AM

Thanks Terry! I feel the same got some 93 from a different station and it looks better.

G70 3.3t Sport Prestige
Injen Intakes
BMS Oil CC
JB4 Fuel EWG wires
(#4730)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N nonPP
Default 12-29-2021, 03:57 PM

Does anyone know the pin out for the fuel wires? I'm not looking for "use the longer wire". I'm looking for which pin goes to the longer wire. I want to verify my setup and one of my wires looks trimmed. So I don't know which one WAS the longer one for certain.

Edit: looks like it's pin 20. According to a video I found. And looks like my setup is good.

Last edited by tCizzler; 12-29-2021 at 04:08 PM..
(#4731)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2021, 06:51 PM

It's in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4732)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport
Default 01-09-2022, 06:12 PM

Hello, can I get a log read please?

Stock G70 3.3TT AWD, no mods just M45IL plugs and Map 1 with 91 oct. Couple pulls. Settings all default.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M1_R3_220109_1651.csv (393.7 KB, 78 views)
(#4733)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2022, 08:23 PM

Looks pretty normal for 91 octane. Awful stuff.

Burger Motorsports

(#4734)
Old

Default 01-09-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks pretty normal for 91 octane. Awful stuff.
Great. Just making sure everything is working since I switched over from the Elantra to the G70. Will be blending E30 soon enough. Just waiting on a few more parts to supplement.

Thanks again!

2020 G70 3.3TT AWD
HKS M45IL Plugs
(#4735)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2022, 08:53 AM

For those running EWG connectors in very cold weather, could use a few logs on the latest alpha (v24_t4). If you've lowered FF dramatically to avoid over boosting in cold weather raise it up 5-10 for the logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#4736)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
Great. Just making sure everything is working since I switched over from the Elantra to the G70. Will be blending E30 soon enough. Just waiting on a few more parts to supplement.

Thanks again!
Yes that will make a big improvement over 91!

Burger Motorsports

(#4737)
Old

Car: 2021 Veloster N (MT)
Default 01-10-2022, 04:13 PM

When doing a custom map for a Veloster N am I supposed to add the fuel bias, PID gain, auto shift boost and wastegate numbers that are in the photo in the first post of this thread that say Kia defaults? Or do I just add a boost amount only and the rest is automatically taken care of?

thanks
(#4738)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N nonPP
Default 01-10-2022, 06:59 PM

All this talk about E30 here got me curious, so I did a web search and found out all of the Sheetz around me carry E85/flex fuel. I had no idea because I don't typically use Sheetz gas. Well today, after a quick calculation of gallons, filled my tank with E30. Then switched to map3. Acceleration from a stop was AMAZING! It was only 18 degrees, so the roads were cold and lightly dusted with salt, and I couldn't keep traction. I tried a couple runs with launch control and I just slid through the launch, like that side to side squirming. I can't wait for some clean and open roads to really test this thing out and have fun now that I found E85 about 3 miles away. It's so hard to believe how far the 2.0t has come with just the JB4.
(#4739)
Old

Default 01-11-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETAMBUSHED
When doing a custom map for a Veloster N am I supposed to add the fuel bias, PID gain, auto shift boost and wastegate numbers that are in the photo in the first post of this thread that say Kia defaults? Or do I just add a boost amount only and the rest is automatically taken care of?

thanks
What are you trying to accomplish?

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
(#4740)
Old

Car: 2021 Veloster N (MT)
Default 01-11-2022, 01:27 PM

just making a mild daily map below map 1
(#4741)
Old

Car: Stinger 22
Default 01-11-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
For those running EWG connectors in very cold weather, could use a few logs on the latest alpha (v24_t4). If you've lowered FF dramatically to avoid over boosting in cold weather raise it up 5-10 for the logs.
not sure to understand Terry, do you want some log ?

currently -25C I run map2 with EWG on a 2022 Stinger and no issue at all no overboots nothing, let me know if you want to log during cold weather I can do I or 2

cheers

Stinger GT2 AWD22
BMS intakes/ARK midpipe/borla catback/jb4
(#4742)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-11-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
not sure to understand Terry, do you want some log ?

currently -25C I run map2 with EWG on a 2022 Stinger and no issue at all no overboots nothing, let me know if you want to log during cold weather I can do I or 2

cheers
What is your FF set to currently?

Burger Motorsports

(#4743)
Old

Default 01-11-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
What is your FF set to currently?
Set to 50

Stinger GT2 AWD22
(#4744)
Old

Default 01-11-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETAMBUSHED
just making a mild daily map below map 1
Define mild. Map 0 is the JB4 bypassed.

I am not sure what a mild tune is, what sort of problems is Map 1 causing?

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
(#4745)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-11-2022, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Set to 50
OK that should be fine. send a log on the current firmware then another on the alpha firmware so I can compare.

Burger Motorsports

(#4746)
Old

Default 01-12-2022, 12:06 AM

Got a chance to fill up with some E85. Did about 4.8gal of 85 and the rest 91.

Did a couple pulls in Map 3. Please let me know if it looks alright. If no issues, would it be safe to move on to map 4?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_220111_212124.csv (59.2 KB, 68 views)

2020 G70 3.3TT AWD
HKS M45IL Plugs
(#4747)
Old

Car: Hyundai sonata 2020
Default 1.6T HYUNDAI SONATA - 01-12-2022, 01:59 AM

Hey terry are you able to check this log out? When i reached a certain high rpm the engine sputtered. Running map 1 on 91 Octane. It Is a 2020 Smartstream Hyundai Sonata with the 1.6T.

HKS M45XL SPARK PLUGS
Cold air intake
catalytic and muffler deleted
BMS BOV
Attached Files
File Type: csv P20_M1_R1_220112_0003.csv (27.7 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by koolerkris; 01-12-2022 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: WRONG INFO
(#4748)
Old

Default 01-17-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
OK that should be fine. send a log on the current firmware then another on the alpha firmware so I can compare.
weather is pretty bad so impossible de log a 3rd pull, but I will rephrase what I said:
1st and 2nd pull at -17 no overboost, in 3rd overboost, shutdown turbo but no CEL,

as soon as the snow and ice will stop I will do a log with the current firmware and the alpha

Stinger GT2 AWD22
(#4749)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 2018 GT1
Default Log Check - 01-18-2022, 11:33 PM

Thank you so much for making such a great piece of kit Terry!
This is my first car worth modifying and I'm having a blast.

E30 blend, map 3 for the first time. 4 gal e85, rest 93 octane.

Varex catback
BMS intakes
Denso sparkplugs
ADD W1 BOV

To me the timing looks good, very low and relatively uniform across ign 2-6 but it's my first time trying to read one of these so I figured I'd come ask you before moving any higher up.

Thank you!P21_M3_R6_220118_2211 - shortened.csv
(#4750)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil000
Thank you so much for making such a great piece of kit Terry!
This is my first car worth modifying and I'm having a blast.

E30 blend, map 3 for the first time. 4 gal e85, rest 93 octane.

Varex catback
BMS intakes
Denso sparkplugs
ADD W1 BOV

To me the timing looks good, very low and relatively uniform across ign 2-6 but it's my first time trying to read one of these so I figured I'd come ask you before moving any higher up.

Thank you!Attachment 105204
Seems fine to me! Work on keeping pedal 100% down for maximum boost.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports