N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,039
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 08-25-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUbeast86
Only if you want to suck exhaust into your crank case under idle.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic335IM3
so if it gets hooked up straight to the PCV outlet , without the oem flapper, what would then happen, any problems?..

(other then its not street legal)

better or worse than oem setup.. offcourse no oil sucked into intake which is good..
Yes. Problems. Do NOT omit the OEM Vent Hose Vent hose (flapper). The system does not need further revisions. Just follow the principles of this DIY and you'll be fine


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
boostaholic boostaholic is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 51
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: 2008 AW e92 335i
Default 09-01-2015, 05:39 AM

Wow these pictures say more than a 1000 words! Its crazy how somebody can explain something in such detail, like many times on this forum that for some reason I just cant understand or just doesn't make since to me. You did an incredible job not only explaining how the system "really" works but also having very detailed pictures of the install and how once seen and explained, makes PERFECT sense!! Awesome pics, great DIY to make it fairly easy IMHO...As long as your careful and take it slow, anybody can really do this if they have the proper tools needed as well as the correct knowledge of what your doing major props for this DIY!! Thanks guys!


E92 A/W JB4 G5 ISO w/WEDGE PERFORMANCE FLASH+FBO+RB's+LSD+60% E85/93 mix 508whp 531 ft lb torque 11.73 @121mph on street tires with a 2.1 60'!!! NO METH!
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
robc1976's Avatar
robc1976 robc1976 is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: Mar 2012
Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-01-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic
Wow these pictures say more than a 1000 words! Its crazy how somebody can explain something in such detail, like many times on this forum that for some reason I just cant understand or just doesn't make since to me. You did an incredible job not only explaining how the system "really" works but also having very detailed pictures of the install and how once seen and explained, makes PERFECT sense!! Awesome pics, great DIY to make it fairly easy IMHO...As long as your careful and take it slow, anybody can really do this if they have the proper tools needed as well as the correct knowledge of what your doing major props for this DIY!! Thanks guys!
I appreciate that! Rob beck had fittings that will make this even easier.


JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,039
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 09-01-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
I appreciate that! Rob beck had fittings that will make this even easier.
Rob, that fitting I dropped off for you yesterday unfortunately needs revised. The revision is something you could easily do yourself by grinding off the end, but will not be production piece as is. Sorry about that!

And yes, here is part #1 of the fix- RB External PCV valve. Next is the vacuum/pressure reference adapter which hopefully we have tomorrow or Thursday. By late next week we should have about 5-10 kits production ready for those wanting to finally get rid of the valve cover/gasket reference.

Thanks,
Rob
Attached Images
 


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
BostonBeemah's Avatar
BostonBeemah BostonBeemah is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 831
Join Date: Sep 2011
Car: AW 135i
Default 09-01-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Rob, that fitting I dropped off for you yesterday unfortunately needs revised. The revision is something you could easily do yourself by grinding off the end, but will not be production piece as is. Sorry about that!

And yes, here is part #1 of the fix- RB External PCV valve. Next is the vacuum/pressure reference adapter which hopefully we have tomorrow or Thursday. By late next week we should have about 5-10 kits production ready for those wanting to finally get rid of the valve cover/gasket reference.

Thanks,
Rob
Woo!! I'm hoping the second piece is of a different design than the AD fitting as mine has been leaking since day one even on a brand new valve cover. Something similar to what RobC did above with some sort of clamp would be ideal than just a lock fitting on the factory tab IMO. Will shoot you an email Thursday as promise.


2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
Reply With Quote
(#31)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,039
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 09-01-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
Woo!! I'm hoping the second piece is of a different design than the AD fitting as mine has been leaking since day one even on a brand new valve cover. Something similar to what RobC did above with some sort of clamp would be ideal than just a lock fitting on the factory tab IMO. Will shoot you an email Thursday as promise.
This is actually the piece that threads into the valve cover. The 2nd piece interfaces as a plug and play vacuum reference on the Intake Plenum.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,039
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 09-01-2015, 10:34 PM

Here is the 2nd adapter…
Attached Images
 


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
_ink's Avatar
_ink _ink is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 530
Join Date: Nov 2012
Car: 335i DCT
Default 09-06-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Here is the 2nd adapter…
When's the full kit with pics going to be released rob?
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
Torsion Torsion is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 99
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 335
Default 09-08-2015, 07:31 PM

So is there any issue with not tapping the head, using the AD eng fitting which supposably blocks those ports and then using the vibrant check valve to stop pressure from getting to the CC?
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,039
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 09-08-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
When's the full kit with pics going to be released rob?
We are still undergoing testing in the hands of 1 ST user. His results are sporadic, and we are still collecting data. Releasing anything now would be premature to say the least.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
icewall icewall is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 192
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: BMW 135i
Default 09-09-2015, 06:51 PM

I just finished doing this for my rb turbo setup. It was a royal pain removing the valve cover and everything around it. Much back pain later and my car seems to run great now!

so far no smoking and I actually like the fact that my head is tapped and plugged up.

I will also say that I don't think this was easy to do. I expected it to take long and be hard but I had no idea it would take so long and be bent over that much to tap the head. Even with all of that said, I feel it was worth the effort!
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
BeGooD69 BeGooD69 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 219
Join Date: Sep 2012
Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-14-2015, 12:59 PM

Rob, if u guys need a 2nd-3rd beta tester I about to do mine like rob but using AD occ too. Where could I get ur adapters?
Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
sy2639 sy2639 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Aug 2011
Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 09-14-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewall
I just finished doing this for my rb turbo setup. It was a royal pain removing the valve cover and everything around it. Much back pain later and my car seems to run great now!

so far no smoking and I actually like the fact that my head is tapped and plugged up.

I will also say that I don't think this was easy to do. I expected it to take long and be hard but I had no idea it would take so long and be bent over that much to tap the head. Even with all of that said, I feel it was worth the effort!
Under what conditions did you have smoke?
What turbo setup are you running?


E92 - JB4 G5, BB Flash, RB Turbos, BMS Meth, BMS DP, BMS DCI, ACT Race Clutch
Reply With Quote
(#39)
Old
icewall icewall is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 192
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: BMW 135i
Default 09-14-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2639
Under what conditions did you have smoke?
What turbo setup are you running?
rb turbos.

It only smokes during cold start idle. doesnt matter if I have catalyst start mode or if that is disabled.

I noticed specifically with my car that it is directly related either to how much oil is in the engine OR the oil viscosity. (it smoked A LOT less when I added a quart of thinner oil (40wt motul xcess. when I got a quart low I added some 20 wt to see what would happen and it barely smoked anymore.))
Reply With Quote
(#40)
Old
PLF's Avatar
PLF PLF is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 130
Join Date: Sep 2015
Car: 135i
Default 09-14-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewall
rb turbos.

It only smokes during cold start idle. doesnt matter if I have catalyst start mode or if that is disabled.

I noticed specifically with my car that it is directly related either to how much oil is in the engine OR the oil viscosity. (it smoked A LOT less when I added a quart of thinner oil (40wt motul xcess. when I got a quart low I added some 20 wt to see what would happen and it barely smoked anymore.))

Sounds like valve seals... These will smoke on a cold startup mainly after the car as been sitting for a while.
Reply With Quote
(#41)
Old
marconi118 marconi118 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default 09-15-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Here is the 2nd adapter…
where is this fitting supposed to be fitted? on the throttle body?
Reply With Quote
(#42)
Old
E92 420 E92 420 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: 335i
Default 10-06-2015, 01:18 AM

Any updates on this


UK V8Bait Tuned
Built Motor
TD Turbo 335i
Reply With Quote
(#43)
Old
robc1976's Avatar
robc1976 robc1976 is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: Mar 2012
Car: 2007 335i
Default 10-06-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 420
Any updates on this
Running perfectly, no smoke at all. I am running dual OCC also.


JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Reply With Quote
(#44)
Old
E92 420 E92 420 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: 335i
Default 10-06-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
Running perfectly, no smoke at all. I am running dual OCC also.
Nice! Any pics of your twin OCC set up? And what happened to the fittings rob at RB turbo made up for u were they one offs?


UK V8Bait Tuned
Built Motor
TD Turbo 335i

Last edited by E92 420; 10-06-2015 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#45)
Old
robc1976's Avatar
robc1976 robc1976 is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: Mar 2012
Car: 2007 335i
Default 10-06-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 420
Nice! Any pics of your twin OCC set up? And what happened to the fittings rob at RB turbo made up for u were they one offs?
I will get them posted up!


JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Reply With Quote
(#46)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,039
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-06-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 420
Nice! Any pics of your twin OCC set up? And what happened to the fittings rob at RB turbo made up for u were they one offs?
I'm making a moderate size batch of these fittings and will begin offering an external pcv kit, soon.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#47)
Old
E92 420 E92 420 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: 335i
Default 10-15-2015, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
I'm making a moderate size batch of these fittings and will begin offering an external pcv kit, soon.
Is there a rough ETA on when this will be offered?


UK V8Bait Tuned
Built Motor
TD Turbo 335i
Reply With Quote
(#48)
Old
_ink's Avatar
_ink _ink is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 530
Join Date: Nov 2012
Car: 335i DCT
Default 10-15-2015, 03:43 AM

and a nice comprehensive DIY too..
Reply With Quote
(#49)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,039
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-15-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 420
Is there a rough ETA on when this will be offered?
The plan is to have a batch of these production worthy and ready for sale by Nov. 1st.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#50)
Old
quing quing is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jun 2012
Car: bmw 335i
Default 11-05-2015, 05:07 PM

any updates?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com