N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#326)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default 06-07-2020, 07:41 PM

Good evening Terry - Here is a ton of data for you guys. I took this while on a rally tonight. I added 4.5 gallons of e85 for a total of 6 gallons estimated and topped the rest off with 93 pump, aiming for about E30.

I did run into an issue with boost, but was not able to figure out what it was.

First Run tonight was great See File P51_M5_R4_200607_1816-LongRun

We stopped for about 30 minutes, I turned the car off for this time.

When we got back underway I could tell something was wrong. I didn't have any lights on the dash, but when i hit the pedal it was just Mashed Potatoes. Pulled my phone up and I saw in the JB4 app that I was not getting any boost. There are a couple of different logs here.
One while I was still on Map 5, Then two after switched to Map0 to bypass the JB4 to see if the car would sort itself out. All three of these are appended with -No Boost.

Again we stopped for about 30 minutes. I turned the car off restarted and did a lap around the block still no boost. I went and filled out to top off with 93 pump a little less than a quarter of a tank. Got back underway and was running on Map 3 now, boost is back. At some point I did change it to Map 5 again, but I dont see that reflected in the log. The file for this run is appended with Boost Back.
(#327)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2020, 08:07 PM

The map5 data itself looks good. Most likely you triggered some sort of fault, likely due to "boost too low" from the DME's perspective, which needed to clear itself. Sure no fault codes are stored?

As for the map0 switch raise your boost safety setting to 20psi as 18psi is within reach of map5 and a false trigger for you.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#328)
Old

Default 06-08-2020, 06:44 AM

Thank Terry - I did check for codes when I first stopped after I realized I had no boost. There were no codes at that time. I just again to see if anything was stored and still do not see anything.

What is the max boost that I should see on Map 5? Looks like at one point I hit 19.5 PSI.
(#329)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2020, 07:43 AM

In your logs target is the request over factory. Usually you won't make as much as requested over stock due to WGDC and turbo limitations, especially on the higher maps.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#330)
Old

Car: 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 06-09-2020, 10:21 AM

Do I need to install firmware in order? Stable v2 then Beta v3. Or can I go directly to v3? I havent updated since purchase in Dec 2019. Thanks.
(#331)
Old

Car: 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 06-09-2020, 07:37 PM

Couple of logs with v3 firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M5_R2_200609_1921.csv (14.4 KB, 9 views)
(#332)
Old

Car: 14' Maserati Ghibli S Q4
Default 06-18-2020, 07:22 PM

Had my first CEL come on today; and it threw me into limp mode too! Looks like it was code 304B on Map2 on V2. Just was reading up on the forum and saw a V3 was released... Bet your ass I updated it! So far I'm loving the JB4. Can't wait to start adding ********* and intakes to let it breath a bit better.

Thanks for the constant updates and information Terry! I still need to send in my logs to you.

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
1989 Nissan Skyline R32
Portland, OR
Insta: @PDX.R32
(#333)
Old

Default 06-23-2020, 12:45 PM

So I might get beat up for asking this, but is there such thing as an Eco Map?

Going on a road trip soon and was thinking it be nice to have a map that is tuned for max MPGs when under say 3k RPMs, but would kick in when needed to overtake/pass.
(#334)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-23-2020, 04:35 PM

Map4 is a VALET map although has not been well tested, give it a shot.

Burger Motorsports

(#335)
Old

Car: Sq4 2014 ghibli
Default 06-30-2020, 04:08 PM

Hello, I am new to the forum. Can somebody take a look at my log? This is map 2 on 93 Lastest update firmware First Log MAP 2 93 Octane .csv

Last edited by AustinMAS14; 06-30-2020 at 04:30 PM..
(#336)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMAS14
Hello, I am new to the forum. Can somebody take a look at my log? This is map 2 on 93 Lastest update firmware Attachment 96966
Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#337)
Old

Default 06-30-2020, 04:49 PM

Thanks, Terry

would you say its safe to try map3?
(#338)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2020, 07:45 PM

Yes you can give it a whirl.

Burger Motorsports

(#339)
Old

Default 07-01-2020, 11:19 AM

Thanks, here is a map 3 log. Not sure if I need to raise the boost safety for this map. I Definitely could tell a difference.

P51_M2_R3_200701_1114.csv
(#340)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2020, 11:37 AM

Looks fine to me, you can stay on this map. I'd raise boost safety to 20psi just to keep it out of the way as weather changes, etc.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#341)
Old

Default 07-01-2020, 12:26 PM

Thanks Terry where exactly do I go to change that?
(#342)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2020, 12:40 PM

Boost safety is on the user adjustment page, can't miss it.

Burger Motorsports

(#343)
Old

Default 07-01-2020, 03:30 PM

Thanks is it okay to switch from map 3 to map 2 with boost safety set at 20 ?
(#344)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2020, 05:33 PM

Yes no problem, that's a global setting.

Burger Motorsports

(#345)
Old

Car: 2015 Ghibli SQ4
Default 07-06-2020, 01:22 PM

I've had my JB4 installed for the last 3-4 months running on Stage 2. I'm on my 2nd tank of 5 gals of E85 and top off with 93 octane. Thought I had 2 data logs, but just this one. Only other mod are K&N air filters.

How am I looking? Can I move up to the Stage 3?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P22_M2_R3_200705_0907.csv (15.6 KB, 4 views)
(#346)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9double8
I've had my JB4 installed for the last 3-4 months running on Stage 2. I'm on my 2nd tank of 5 gals of E85 and top off with 93 octane. Thought I had 2 data logs, but just this one. Only other mod are K&N air filters.

How am I looking? Can I move up to the Stage 3?
Yes, go for it!

Burger Motorsports

(#347)
Old

Car: 2015 Ghibli SQ4
Default 07-07-2020, 05:48 AM

Here is a pull now with Map 3, still with the 5 gals of E85 and topped with 93 octane.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M3_R2_200707_0706.csv (12.2 KB, 3 views)
(#348)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2020, 08:16 AM

OK you can stay on map3 with the E85 mix.

Burger Motorsports