N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335i MT
Cool First log after upgrading hybrid turbos! - 06-20-2020, 12:08 AM

Stock housing ported and larger wheel turbos.
2" inlets
stage 2 lpfp
6 gallons e85 mix with 91 fuel

2.5 Bar TMAP (Stock)

followed hybrid turbo direction on setting up jb4
BEF Hybrid e85 tune (could't find the pump gas tune file for hybrid on jb4 BEF, can i run all 91 fuel with BEF e85 hybrid tune?)

There is a dip in high pressure fuel line, scary
is it due to the gear changing? Possible dying HPFP? I up shifted toward the end of pull.

Thanks for you time.

P32_M2_R1_200619_220927.csv
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-20-2020, 03:40 PM

Is the hpfp dip consistent in all logs or just this?

Timing could use a little work

How old are the plugs ?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-20-2020, 07:40 PM

P32_M2_R1_200620_192934.csv

Hi Dave. Thanks for the reply.
This is another pull i did today
Plugs are unknown mileage (8000 miles after I bought the car, previous owner claimed that he changed plugs before sold to me)

Both of the logs are: BEF IJE0S e85 hybrid flash, map 2, roughly E40 mix

The dip is still there

2009 E90 Auto
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-21-2020, 06:37 AM

Bump your FOL up to 60, letís see if that helps.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-23-2020, 06:16 PM

P32_M2_R1_200623_175231.csv

Here is the log I did today

If everything looks good, what do I do to bump up the power? Map 7 with E50 mix?
Or install WMI and use map 3?

Thanks Dave.

2009 E90 Auto
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-24-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj120cn
Attachment 96792

Here is the log I did today

If everything looks good, what do I do to bump up the power? Map 7 with E50 mix?
Or install WMI and use map 3?

Thanks Dave.
Doesnít look too bad, improving.

Bump FOL up another 10- take 1-2 more logs on same map.

We can jump up after that

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Talking 06-24-2020, 01:52 PM

P32_M2_R1_200624_130716.csv

P32_M2_R1_200624_130800.csv

FOL bumped up by 10
How do they look?
And Thanks for the help

2009 E90 Auto
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-24-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Attachment 96824

Attachment 96825

FOL bumped up by 10
How do they look?
And Thanks for the help
Doesnít get much cleaner than this

We are going to have to monitor that LPFP

Jump up to next map & up your boost safety.

Do 2-3 WOT pulls after the map switch, log the next 1-2 pulls.

Thank you for taking clean, proper logs. Helps us out a lot!

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 06-24-2020, 04:57 PM

Thanks Dave. Glad to hear that the log looks good

1.What do you mean by next map? would it be map 7? can i run E40 to E50 mix(with California 91) on map 7?
2. I have 3.5 bar TMAP sensor in box not installed yet. should i install the 3.5 bar first and then run map 7 and set boost safety to 25 psi?

I've been seeing you guys say making log in 3 or 4th gear, 2k to redline with traction off.It's not hard to follow
You guys are the real MVP in this community doing all these contribution to the platform.

2009 E90 Auto
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-25-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks Dave. Glad to hear that the log looks good

1.What do you mean by next map? would it be map 7? can i run E40 to E50 mix(with California 91) on map 7?
2. I have 3.5 bar TMAP sensor in box not installed yet. should i install the 3.5 bar first and then run map 7 and set boost safety to 25 psi?

I've been seeing you guys say making log in 3 or 4th gear, 2k to redline with traction off.It's not hard to follow
You guys are the real MVP in this community doing all these contribution to the platform.
1) next map would be 7, yes.
2)install the 3.5 bar / harness
3) set n20 option on jb4 ONLY
4) bump boost safety up to 22-23

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Lightbulb 06-29-2020, 03:10 PM

update:
Changed to 3.5 bar sensor.
move boost safety to 22psi
changed 3.5 bar sensor setting on JB4

Map 7 first pull, misfires cylinder #4 and #6, JB4 jumped to map 4 in middle of the pull

Changed plugs, then map 7 no misfire, runs smooth.

Ran until fuel tank empty. put in 7 gallons e85 (e87 tested), and 8.5 gallons 91 fuel. (after all it's roughly E45 mix)

LOG #1:

P32_M7_R1_200629_130508.csv

LOG #2:
P32_M7_R1_200629_130755.csv

Log is longer than i want and i can't find a way to trim them down

2009 E90 Auto
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-30-2020, 03:55 AM

Looks really clean at this point!

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 06-30-2020, 03:40 PM

P32_M7_R1_200630_130843.csv

Here is a better log for you to view. Thanks for the help.

2009 E90 Auto
(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-01-2020, 06:01 AM

Again very clean

more room in the car too

Burger Motorsports