N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: '13 F30 335i PWG N55
Default Requesting Help Diagnosing Boost Leak, power cuts, and weird sound - 06-03-2019, 02:31 PM

Hello

Last night I took off the MAF sensor in an attempt to solve a MAF related code that kept throwing (102A22) knowing that you dont need the MAF sensor plugged in on the F series n55's. Immediately after however the car started lurching with power cuts in higher RPMs, where it ran just fine earlier yesterday. I put the MAF sensor back in just to be sure and live data shows its working properly

I took some logs today and WGDC is totally maxed out for the entire pull, which makes me think boost leak. However, the car is making a new and unusual noise under boost, like a very loud whooshing noise that sounds like its coming from the right side of the car (definitely not normal spooling noises). I am praying that it isnt an issue with the turbo that might be causing the noise

Then I got under the car to look at all the charging connections and everything looks good, so I don't know where a leak could be coming from. Also checked all the wiring for things like meth and lpfp, all good

I'm going to make an appointment with the dealer to have it smoke tested ASAP, but I wanted to get some second opinions in the meantime

Attached are two logs, one normal 2k-redline 3rd gear pull which had low boost but NO power cuts, and another 4th gear pull with low boost AND power cuts

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Mod List -
jb4 map 3
MHD BEF (BMS PWG RACE map)
Pure stage 2 + inlet and DV+
Fuel it meth PI w/ jb4 integrated FSB
Fuel it Stage 3 LPFP hooked up to FSB as trigger
E30
Precision raceworks coils
NGK plugs (one step colder)
c@t less down pipe
CAI
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-03 14_55_48_Map-3.csv (7.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-03 14_57_29_Map-3.csv (5.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by ArmadaCT; 06-03-2019 at 04:28 PM..