JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: e91 335i manual
Default e91 n54 swap dsc issue - 12-15-2021, 08:32 AM

Hi everyone
I wanted to start by saying I am a long-time reader first time posting on this forum, and with all the information available on this site and others I was inspired to make my own e91 swap. People like Terry, Ucsbwsr, and redshift (from another forum) have all posted tons of useful information but there are still a few holes in this swap. I am writing this not for some one to simply fix my problem but to help me stand on my own to find a solution.

First a little back ground on the project.
I took a e91 328xi auto (I should have gone rwd) and a e90 335i manual part car and started the swap. For the most part this a was an adult Legos experience with a few hang ups. (mainly the trans brace)
I completed the PT-can loop after removing the auto harness. I also swaped the DME, Cas, FRM, and DSC.
As the car stands today the car starts, drives, and behaves as expected only with dsc codes.
Up to this point I have done no coding.

My main problem is the nonactive or noncommunicating DSC module. Ista, and inpa can’t see the DSC module. I rewired the rwd dsc connecter to fit a awd harness . On the first try there was a mistake and I mismatched 2 same colored wires on pins 26 and 39. PT-cam and DSC sensor power. I am hoping this didn’t brick the DSC.

I have read about keeping the AT harness in the car to complete a “ground loop” but I can not find any evidence in the wiring or wiring diagrams from ista, Bentley manual, or a online source that bmw took down.

I also heard that when you change the vo this can be solved as well but i have no way of telling if i have a bad DSC or a coding need.

I have swapped over so many modules now that the car comes up in ista as 335i e90 now and still no coms with the DSC.

The only things I can think of that could be wrong is, Wiring, coding, or a dead dsc.

I have triple checked the wiring and the computer cant see the DSC, so I guess I am only left with a Dead DSC.

Any thoughts or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated and if I am just at the point of needing coding help I will gladly take some names.

Thanks everyone hopefully I can make it to rocky mountain race week with this car when everything is all done and said.
(#2)
Old

Default 12-15-2021, 08:34 AM

I forgot to add I have tons of information on the little things I did but I was trying not to bloat the post. if more informatain is needed please let me know.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-03-2022, 09:32 AM

I didn’t get much responses on this, but I was able to sort it out.

I had not wired in my clutch ground yet and this did not allow the car to go in to accessories mode and there for the dsc module would not turn on. Who would have known! O well at least it was an easy fix.

Happy new year everyone.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi jb+ VSRF ******* DP DCI cabin filter delete
Default 01-06-2022, 06:24 AM

Great project!! Post some pictures of the swap! Glad it was an easy fix!!

2009 135i waiting on 800hp dyno
2008 335xi bolt ons
2008 535xi driver
2014 M5 6spd
08 Cayman S 6spd
2006 Cayenne S
04 Gallardo gated 6spd
2012 MP4-12c ICE