JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda 6
Default Connections for 2.5 Turbo - 06-23-2022, 08:50 PM

I have a 2018 MaZda 6 Grand Touring with the 2.5 Turbo engine. Had anyone installed the JB4 on one of these? The instructions are for a 3 or CX30 so and Iím having a hard time finding where all the connections go, especially the TMAP. Also, with a short ram intake should I connect up the air intake MAP sensor?

Any assistance or images would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-24-2022, 12:56 AM

Multicolor wire connector will go on the intake manifold (which is under the engine cover)
The brown wire connector will go on the passenger side intercooler (Might have to go from the front grill of the car or under)
The Blue/Purple wire connector will connect to the MAF on the intake.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda 6
Default 06-24-2022, 07:26 AM

Thanks, I have the intake manifold connected. I can't for the life of me find a connector that fits the JB4 anywhere on the passenger side intercooler and the instructions say that the MAF is only connected on the CX30 so i wasn't sure about that.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-24-2022, 09:28 AM

All the connections need to be fitted.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 Signature
Default 06-24-2022, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishblood77
Thanks, I have the intake manifold connected. I can't for the life of me find a connector that fits the JB4 anywhere on the passenger side intercooler and the instructions say that the MAF is only connected on the CX30 so i wasn't sure about that.
I have a 6, i use the updated harness, not sure what harness do you have exactly, anyway, the harness comes with 4 connectors, 2 for MAP and 2 for TMAP, (if you have the added maf connector you'll have another pair of connectors i think purple and/or blue wires), the connector with the multicoloured wire (the short one) goes to the MAP sensor located in the front of the intake manifold (you may need to remove the engine cover for easier access), now the connector with the brown wires (the longer one) goes to the TMAP sensor located on the intercooler on the passenger side, it is a bit tricky to reach, i filmed a video of me doing it, hope it helps. ( The video is in my Google drive ill post the link here )

TMAP.mp4 - Google Drive