JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW
Default Work Meister S1 3P, offset help please. - 12-20-2014, 02:32 PM

I'm ordering some Work Meister S1 3P for E92 335i (currently on Style 230), but I'm seeking advice regarding the offsets.
The goal is to maximize the "Rim Depth" while minimizing scrubbing (preferably no scrubbing at all).

Work Meister Offsets & Rim Depth information:
http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/w...IZING_1214.pdf

The car is currently on stock suspension but I would like the option to lower the car without scrubbing.
I don't mind having the rear fenders rolled.

After much research I settled on the following specs.
F: 19 x 9 +29 (O-disk) <235/35/19>
R: 19 x 10 +29 (O-disk) <265/30/19>

But after reading Jason@BMS's response in the "M3 wheels on a 335i" thread advising the use of 10mm and 12-15mm spacers with the M3 wheels I'm concerned that these specs are too conservative.

Thanks for your time.
(#2)
Old

Car: White E90 335i
Default 09-02-2015, 06:27 AM

Hey ive done this twice on 2 cars in my garage. E90 has work wheels same width and looking at my setup i would go +24 on all corners the next time around.
Ive been running those wheels since 2010 and had many different tire brands which makes the difference between rubbing or not. I had to roll the rear when i had some cheap nexan or nankang tires. E90 typically has a little more room in the rear stock.
My e93 has 9" 10" +24 and it works great lowered 1" over stock with stock camber spec. I had a 265 and after lowering it simply wont fit, changed to 255 works great.

I always run a 225/40 up front track tested, correct speedo and no issues. Rear a 255 will work for sure, lowered on a 265 will probably rub.

The brand and model of tire actually makes a difference bc some are round contact patch some are square. For this setup you want more of a round fitment brand like hankook v12, conti dw, nitto invo (255), the old falken 452s(ride and grip awful). The mich pss are more square so the sidewall can rub on fender fitment issues.

If you want max performance get a fat tire 18" apex light track setup for those days! (Also good if you have a flat!)

Both cars are daily driven about 300mi per week. work wheels havent bent or cracked, my style 95 are brittle 35psi caused a hairline crack. Run your works at 40psi and have no issues.

In conclusion if your ordering a nice set do the offsets aggressive, more so than off the shelf wheels bc the point is max lip and no spacer. Adjust the tires as needed. The worst feeling after waiting 12 weeks and $3k+ spent is "dang i should have...."

SOLD Tesla Model S - white/blk, piano, air suspension, 21"
SOLD E93 - RB's - PTF - 4242lbs +242rwhp/+234rwtq tuning never ending tuning.
'15 Tesla P85D Insane Mode