N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2012 f30 335i
Unhappy transmission slipping - 03-23-2020, 04:30 AM

As it says in the title, my transmission is slipping in all gears except 2nd, 4th and 8th all other gears cant be used. once i shift and try to accelerate the car acts like if it is in neutral and goes to limp mode and locking the transmission in 4th gear until i restart the car it goes back to normal and i have to use it in manual and skip the bad gears.
car has:
D o w n p i p e
chargepipe
Jb4 BEF
Meth injection
Xhp stage 3 (returned to stock and the same thing is happining)
the car has nearly 136k miles on it

looked into the problem and found out that the clutch pack C is bad, for fixing the issue i went to some shops and the price was so expensive so my only option now is to buy a used transmission and replace it.
is there any programing or coding or anything special needed when installing the new (used transmission) to make it work?

N55 powerd 335I sedan :
1- kettyless D P
2- CP
3- Custom exhaust
4- JB4 + FF wires
5- BMS F30 N55 Performance Intake
6- BMS WMI KIT

Last edited by alo0oy215; 03-23-2020 at 06:58 AM..
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-23-2020, 10:01 AM

Logs?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 03-24-2020, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Logs?
Canít do any logs
Once i hit the throttle peddle the engine revs like itís in neutral and suddenly it shifts to the next gear and i get a malfunction message and the car locks me in 4th gear

N55 powerd 335I sedan :
1- kettyless D P
2- CP
3- Custom exhaust
4- JB4 + FF wires
6- BMS WMI KIT
(#4)
Old

Car: F25
Default 03-26-2020, 03:36 PM

That's the 8HP45. I've been thinking of doing upgrade kits for those like I've done on some of the Jatco transmissions in the past. I've seen burnt C and E clutch packs on the 8HP45. Not a lot, but a some of them out there. Seems like power levels on cars that came with them are starting to approach the limits. That plus high mileage examples like yours, or a combination of the two.

F25 X3 35i M Sport | Pure Stage 2 turbo + inlet | UR de-catted thingy | VRSF Race IC | FTP full thingies | BM3 PTF tuned | XDI-35 HPFP | Stage 2 LPFP | Ethanol mixed | WMI | Oil cooler | xHP | 50iX brakes
(#5)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardparker
That's the 8HP45. I've been thinking of doing upgrade kits for those like I've done on some of the Jatco transmissions in the past. I've seen burnt C and E clutch packs on the 8HP45. Not a lot, but a some of them out there. Seems like power levels on cars that came with them are starting to approach the limits. That plus high mileage examples like yours, or a combination of the two.
It would be great to find an upgrade for the clutch packs especially pack C because it is the main pack in 6th gear which is the weakest + 3rd gear and thats why they have a torque limiter from the factory

N55 powerd 335I sedan :
1- kettyless D P
2- CP
3- Custom exhaust
4- JB4 + FF wires
6- BMS WMI KIT