N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock_stinger
I hooked the purple up backwards. Doesn't run very good otherwise. Now we are trying to figure out why I'm only making 5-9 psi at wot. I'm on map 2 at the moment as I won't be going back to meth until it stays warm outside
Keep the logs rolling if you still need help!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 03-23-2020, 03:57 PM

I was finally able to set the fuel bias at 130 after updating the app...made a couple 3rd gear pulls, everything seems smooth until I hit about 5500 RPM and then it cuts and goes to map 0.

Still running about 4 gal of e85 on Map 3, the other settings are as described at the beginning of this thread.

Attached the logs if you can take a look, thx.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200320_1642_runs(4).csv (61.2 KB, 6 views)

2019 GT2 AWD - Panthera Metal
JB4 - Fuel Wires - EWG Wires - Ultimate Performance Intercooler - BMS Intakes - ARK Secondaires - MBRP Exhaust
(#103)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNStinger
I was finally able to set the fuel bias at 130 after updating the app...made a couple 3rd gear pulls, everything seems smooth until I hit about 5500 RPM and then it cuts and goes to map 0.

Still running about 4 gal of e85 on Map 3, the other settings are as described at the beginning of this thread.

Attached the logs if you can take a look, thx.
Yes, fuel pressure safety being triggered. Let's see how fuel pressure holds on map2 next.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#104)
Old

Default 03-24-2020, 11:30 AM

Terry @ BMS - Two pulls on map 2.

FYI - I had to say something about how unbelievable your customer service is...the amount of time and help you provide to the community is outstanding, from the beginner to pro...absolutely amazing! Thank you so much!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200323_215458_runs(1).csv (16.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 20200323_215721_runs(1).csv (16.7 KB, 7 views)

JB4 - Fuel Wires - EWG Wires - Ultimate Performance Intercooler - BMS Intakes - ARK Secondaires - MBRP Exhaust
(#105)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 03-26-2020, 10:57 AM

So, about to order the EWG harnesses, but I am realizing, unlike the fuel wires, I have no idea what settings I'll need to change/tinker with/update in the JB4 app. Is there some kind of overview for VR30 guys?

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Fuel Wires*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @113mph
0-60 4.46
(#106)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-26-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
So, about to order the EWG harnesses, but I am realizing, unlike the fuel wires, I have no idea what settings I'll need to change/tinker with/update in the JB4 app. Is there some kind of overview for VR30 guys?
First page of this thread.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#107)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 03-26-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
First page of this thread.
I blew it. Thought those were Stinger settings only. Thx.

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Fuel Wires*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @113mph
0-60 4.46
(#108)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Terry @ BMS - Two pulls on map 2.

FYI - I had to say something about how unbelievable your customer service is...the amount of time and help you provide to the community is outstanding, from the beginner to pro...absolutely amazing! Thank you so much!
Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#109)
Old

Default 03-29-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks good to me!
OK, so Map 3 fuel pressure is tanking but Map 2 is OK. Before the EWG connectors I ran Map 3 on a daily basis w/o any issues...any suggestions?

(#110)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
OK, so Map 3 fuel pressure is tanking but Map 2 is OK. Before the EWG connectors I ran Map 3 on a daily basis w/o any issues...any suggestions?
WMI next perhaps.

Burger Motorsports

(#111)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger MY20
Default 03-30-2020, 06:05 AM

Hi guys,

I have a My20 Stinger with the following mods...

Jonny Tig air intakes
Jonny Tig 1000hp intercooler and piping
Jonny Tig 4 inch turbo back exhaust with twin 3.5inch 100cell high flow cats
Denso plugs gasped to 0.22'
GFB twin blow off valves
JB4 v14 with Fuel Wires (soon to be EWG!!!)

I have been running map5 and was suffering from overboost where my car was dropping back to map0 under WOT.

I want to make sure that when I get the EWG wires,I don't stuff anything up.

Do they only work on specific maps (I know I need V14) however, I'm not sure if they are used in map5?

As my car is overboosting, should I set mY FF to 45? Or 40? (What is FF by the way?)

I can't wait to have my car setup so I can give it full throttle... and run the 1/4.... :-)

Hoping to crack An 11 with some semis.

Thanks
Worm
(#112)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 03-30-2020, 06:13 AM

FF stands for Feed Forward.
You need to test different values, start with a baseline and lower as much as you need until you don't overboost.
In my case it was 45.
(#113)
Old

Car: q50
Default 03-30-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
Remember that the maps got swapped around too with the updated firmware. Hilarious that map 8 that was WMI became the valet map.....went from all the boost to none of the boost.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW & WMI
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
(#114)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm
Hi guys,

I have a My20 Stinger with the following mods...
For over boosting vehicles I'd lower duty bias to 40 across the board to start, log it on a lower map like map2, and lets evaluate.

Burger Motorsports

(#115)
Old

Default 03-30-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
WMI next perhaps.
Just wondering if someone can help me understand why adding the EWG wires would cause me to start having problems with the fuel pressure on Map 3? That is all I've ever run since I got the JB4 and haven't had any issues until I put the EWG wires on...

Just want to understand for my own learning about tuning. Is there a fuel pump that could help with the issue?

Also, if I don't go WMI am I better off to remove the EWG wires and continue to run Map 3 vs Map 2?

(#116)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2020, 02:35 PM

EWG wires allow you to make more boost sooner in the power band. Not all vehicles can handle it. Sounds like your fuel pump is coming up short here. There are no upgrades beyond WMI currently.

With v15 firmware you can set options bit5 on to disable the EWG control if you'd like or use the duty bias/FF settings to dial it back.

Performance wise car is better off running the lower map with EWG wires active allowing more aggressive targeting.

Burger Motorsports

(#117)
Old

Car: kia stringer
Default 03-30-2020, 05:49 PM

Long time viewer first time poster.

I installed my EWG wires today. Took about an hour or so wasn't in a rush.

Headed out to Mexico for a quick test but didn't even make it out of my community before something didn't sound right. Knew I got the pins right because I triple checked them but double checked connections, airbox, ect.

Set out again and still something didn't sound right so went home a double checked everything yet again and double checked in app settings.

Headed out again this time on map 0. Gave it a little and seemed ok so gave it a little more.

Stepped up from map 0 to 1 to 2 to 3 to 5.

Very impressed with how much faster boost is obtained and just the consistency of the boost hitting target.

Thanks Terry. Keep building great stuff so I can continue to buy it!

I did two quick logs

2019 GT2 jb4/Fuel/EWG/Intake/Catch Can
Attached Files
File Type: csv 3-30-2020-Log.csv (15.4 KB, 3 views)
(#118)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 03-30-2020, 06:00 PM

Will someone with just plugs / DIY intakes notice an improvement in driveability? Either 91 or 91/E30?
(#119)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER
Default 03-30-2020, 06:30 PM

everyone would see benefit from ewg. the premise is based on letting the jb4 know whats going on so it can adjust accordingly. otherwise its guess and check for boost adjustment.

considering the cost and benefit, deff worth it for anyone
(#120)
Old
JB4

Car: Q60 Redsport
Default WGC Version 8 Firmware - 03-31-2020, 09:54 AM

Hi Terry. I'm a long time reader of this forum and JB4 user for over a year now. I drive a '17 Q60 RS with lower DP's, Map 6, Fuel Wires and 93 octane. I recently upgraded to version 8 beta firmware, but i have not installed the WGC wires yet. Since the upgrade, I'm getting a nasty fuel cut off at 5k rpm when at full throttle. Is this because I need the WGC wires installed to run version 8 properly or maybe I need to turn on bit 6 for RS model? Any thoughts on what's behind this? I'll try to capture it in a log soon if I can.
(#121)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-31-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajcopeland
Hi Terry. I'm a long time reader of this forum and JB4 user for over a year now. I drive a '17 Q60 RS with lower DP's, Map 6, Fuel Wires and 93 octane. I recently upgraded to version 8 beta firmware, but i have not installed the WGC wires yet. Since the upgrade, I'm getting a nasty fuel cut off at 5k rpm when at full throttle. Is this because I need the WGC wires installed to run version 8 properly or maybe I need to turn on bit 6 for RS model? Any thoughts on what's behind this? I'll try to capture it in a log soon if I can.
No known issues on v8 firmware without EWG so capture it in a log and post it in a VR30 support forum and we'll check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#122)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-31-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonland
Long time viewer first time poster.
Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#123)
Old
JB4

Car: Q60 Redsport
Default 03-31-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
No known issues on v8 firmware without EWG so capture it in a log and post it in a VR30 support forum and we'll check it out.
Thanks Terry. I posted my logs on the support forum for your review.
(#124)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger MY20
Default 04-01-2020, 03:43 AM

Just curious...

I am installing my EWG wires tomorrow...

I will upgrade my JB4 to v14...

In regards to the user settings...
I need to change...
WMI to "Bit3: DTML WMI Input"

User Adjustment:
40 Under Duty Bias Across the board
FF to 50
PID Gain set to 20
Auto Shift Reduction to 60
Bit6 On

Is this it? Is there anything from previous stuff that I need to put into it?

Also, I have to run map2, not 5, like I am currently running...

Thanks!!!
(#125)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2020, 11:13 AM

Options bit6 on is only for Stingers that are also running flash tunes.

Burger Motorsports