N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 335i
Default Installed 3.5 bar tmap, now target is steady 19.3 psi? - 02-14-2021, 03:02 PM

N55 pwg stock turbo, mhd e85 bef, map 3. Why does it only show target as 19.3? Duty cycle is not trying to hit 19.3 either. Car drives fine, I just threw this in because I'm doing ps2 swap in the spring.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P12_M3_R1_210214_135704.csv (10.4 KB, 76 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 02-15-2021, 11:39 AM

That's odd and I'm honestly not sure. I'm guessing it's a setting you have wrong in the app or the flash but unfortunately I'm not sure which one. You also need to set your FOL to 90 so your trims don't max out and force you lean.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-05-2021, 07:10 PM

Replied to your other thread as well.

Sorry looks like we missed the post.

On map3 boost target is based off the WMI additive which determines the max target under full meth flow. With the 3.5bar sensor it also assumes you're running a larger turbo so reduces the top end boost taper. In this case being on the factory turbo it can't keep up with target.

What we need to do though is raise duty bias values to speed up their adaption and see if we can get boost up at higher RPM.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 03-05-2021, 08:06 PM

So it's a firmware feature I guess? I can put the stock sensor back in for now. Didn't know the firmware would treat it differently like that. Doesn't seem to matter because the turbo seems capped some other way. Wastegate duty doesn't seem to change much. I've tried higher duty at rpm and it doesn't make much difference. Acts like the DME won't let it go over a certain threshold, 42-43 or something. Can BEF be tweaked to let it spin up more?
(#5)
Old

Default 03-19-2021, 05:27 PM

Taken some time trying to learn tuner pro. I've got the fueling a little better under control. Previously even with fol at 90 I was maxing trims at spool quite a bit. Now I'm spiking 49 trim just for a second. May try bumping up fuel scalar a little more but I think it's high compared to others tables I've seen. I'm at 1.25 in most the table and tried to up the spool area a little more. Anyways, it's better. I richened wot AFR a little just for my own peace of of mind. Also been slowly bringing in a little timing. Seems to like it. Car feels better than ever.

Question I have is what's your process for dialing in scalar table? I need to figure out how to export the log to some spreadsheets to see clearer what I'm doing. Feel kind of blind. Unfortunately it won't import into HPtuners scanner. I only have experience with that. Also, how much timing have you seen in stock turbo with boost juice? Installed now are 2 (5) nozzles. I have a set of 7's. Also this log is with PR coils I just installed.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P12_M3_R1_210319_195337.csv (10.7 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by bandook; 03-19-2021 at 09:34 PM..
(#6)
Old

Default 03-24-2021, 06:45 AM

Bump?? Sheesh. I emailed Terry 2 weeks ago. No response. And he replies to me on Facebook only to tell me basically not to bother him on Facebook.
(#7)
Old

Car: 2015 435i xdrive gran coupe
Default 03-24-2021, 01:33 PM

I'm not an expert, but usually bumping up the ff will help wastegate adaptation. Have you tried ff of like 80 or so and do a few pulls?

I'm not sure how your tweaks to the flash may be effecting things.

How much e85 are you running? With the meth support and your good timing you may be able to dial the e85 back a bit to help your trims.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-25-2021, 11:45 AM

I'm sorry but we don't offer support for Tunerpro, HPTuners, or making custom flashes...the demand would overwhelm us.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#9)
Old

Default 03-25-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
I'm sorry but we don't offer support for Tunerpro, HPTuners, or making custom flashes...the demand would overwhelm us.
Lol, you don't even support your own product! I'm not surprised. You make tweaks to the bef for people who need it, do you not? Never even offered that to me so that's why I'm tuning the bef myself.

Cant wait to take this Jb4 crap off my car. Flash tune coming soon.