N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB
Installed everything and the car limits power @ 3500 rpms. I emailed support and Ando requested I update firmware and log 3rd gear. I did and problem persists. I am running Map 1 on 93 octane.

Any ideas? Power feels like it's increased over stock until that point. Then it cuts power and bucks like a manual car in the wrong gear.
Based on the fault code and log appears there is a physical issue with the sensor connection or JB4 board itself, replied to your email.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: X3M
Default 07-29-2020, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Based on the fault code and log appears there is a physical issue with the sensor connection or JB4 board itself, replied to your email.
Terry got me the new board and the car is working well with Map 2. @ 4,000 DA it's running consistent 11.5s @ 118-119 on Draggy. Hoping that drops when the humidity stops. I have a standard X3M model (not competition) for comparisons.

Is anyone running maps 3 & 4? What octane is recommended?
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 04:52 PM

OK good to hear

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: SQ5 354 / Golf R 310
Default 07-31-2020, 01:11 AM

on man, I want to sell my SQ5 so bad... around 700hp at the crank ?
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2020, 12:47 PM

Nice shot of our new in house S58 development car. Won't need to keep borrowing the Fuel-IT X4 now.

Working on version 5 of the firmware as I type!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2020, 09:45 AM

Few dragy runs the other day from our JB4 only X3M (non-comp) on E30. Overall pretty solid! JB4 runs were on map4 at around 22-23psi. When time permits will crank it up further to get in the 10s.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Car: G82 M4
Default 02-19-2021, 01:15 AM

Terry, for the G82 M4 are you able to confirm whether the JB4 is able to permanently delete the fault codes generated if the OPFs were to be removed on the Euro spec car.
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 02-19-2021, 11:28 AM

We don't do anything with emissions related codes. All codes can be deleted but will not be prevented from re-appearing.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2021, 04:11 PM

Making good process on S58 fuel pressure control. This will allow us to safely run higher E85 mixtures JB4 only. Once the changes are finalized will provide hardware free of charge to any of our S58 BETA customers.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2021, 11:34 AM

Going to have some G80 M3 JB4 dynos to post later today, testing being done by Tony@Vargas...

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Car: F90 M5
Default 04-03-2021, 04:40 PM

Sweet can’t wait !
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2021, 09:13 AM

Pretty good start. E30 fuel, 100% factory M3.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 04-04-2021, 01:50 PM

Terry, what would you expect on 93 octane?
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2021, 08:01 PM

I think 560-575whp should be safe on good 93. We're still in the early days of figuring out what tuning works best for what fuels on the platforms in a way.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 04-05-2021, 01:10 AM

Thanks, so around 50 hp more standard and tuned compared to the f80.
(#41)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 04-05-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikb
but F8x over 5 years development .. G8x only a few days

13 BMW 335ix Full Weight 10.64 @129mph N55 WR SOLD
15 BMW M4 Full Weight 10.69@133mph stock turbos SOLD
18 BMW M2LPower
drag track online set up contact on Instagram @luchocampusano YouTube Lucho Campusano
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
It will be interesting to see some track runs against the two.

Just going off some numbers from Shift Sector this weekend I think Vargas ran 155mph 1/2 mile in his JB4 G80 AT vs. Payam who ran 149mph in his FBO F80 MT.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Car: 99 M3
Default 04-21-2021, 06:06 PM

Terry do these G8x's have charcoal filters? Also was watching the RKTUNES video about comfort/sport throttle problems, is that something you can work out on your end?
(#44)
Old

Car: G82 M4 '21
Default Install Instructions - 04-22-2021, 04:14 PM

I just want to make sure the installation instructions are the same for the M3/M4. The link on the website takes you to the X4M instructions which has a totally different cover and intake system.

Not sure about the pulling the wheel part

Is this where you’re talking about? Many of the hoses are routed differently and I just want to make sure.

Last edited by ibu11et; 04-22-2021 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Add images for clarity
(#45)
Old

Car: G82 M4 '21
Default 04-23-2021, 05:24 AM

So I ended up finding IMAP sensor. On the G832 platform, the best way to get to the sensor is from the top. It is completely inaccessible through the method listed in the X4 instructions linked to the product on the website.

This is what it looks like after removing the driver's side wheel.

If you remove the drivers side air filter box and loosen this nut, you can move this housing out of the way. You can use the hands of a nine year old and a small screw driver to pop the connector off. The tricky bit is getting the male connector from the JB4 connected to the factory female connector. Since the connector is very long and the connecting wires are relatively short, I had to use my extended needle nose pliers to hold the male connector and my hand to get the female on. After cursing whoever at BMS told me the instructions were exactly the same. I got the unit on.

After removing the airbox.

After loosening this nut and pushing the housing out of the way.

While you're in there, you might as well get rid of the air silencer crap.

Attached Images

(#46)
Old

Car: G80 M3
Default 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibu11et
So I ended up finding IMAP sensor. On the G832 platform, the best way to get to the sensor is from the top. It is completely inaccessible through the method listed in the X4 instructions linked to the product on the website.

This is what it looks like after removing the driver's side wheel.

[ IMG]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0TE3J83z6Qg2VCwdiiMZL_kyQ[/IMG]

If you remove the drivers side air filter box and loosen this nut, you can move this housing out of the way. You can use the hands of a nine year old and a small screw driver to pop the connector off. The tricky bit is getting the male connector from the JB4 connected to the factory female connector. Since the connector is very long and the connecting wires are relatively short, I had to use my extended needle nose pliers to hold the male connector and my hand to get the female on. After cursing whoever at BMS told me the instructions were exactly the same. I got the unit on.

After removing the airbox.

[ IMG]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0E8JGBC-1uIGEWdJznyEQiF7Q[/IMG]

After loosening this nut and pushing the housing out of the way.

[ IMG]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Fpkj2tlbxsOVNqgcdW61TvoQ[/IMG]

[ IMG]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0sJ0UNbp_KPx7EOgwKBA9A3_g[/IMG]

While you're in there, you might as well get rid of the air silencer crap.

[ IMG]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e6QdQsXP9PpFl4QWgt1rdPeg[/IMG]
thanks for the photos, was really helpful for me to find all the connections. How did you run the OBD Cable?
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2021, 10:32 AM

Keep those photos rolling! As well as install tips. We'll use them all to remake a G80 specific install guide.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 05-10-2021, 11:33 AM

Any update?

Does BMS have its own G80/G82 for testing?
(#49)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 06-02-2021, 02:01 PM

If Manhart MH3 600 with their tuning box can do 635 HP then the JB4 should be able to do it also?
(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Any update?

Does BMS have its own G80/G82 for testing?
What sort of updates are you looking for? We've tuned maybe 100 G80s now with the JB4, solid results across the board!

Burger Motorsports